Home

Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul*

This is a discussion on Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul* within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-24-2011, 01:34 AM   #161
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul*

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
Alright, I need some feedback. From those of you who are checking this thread and using the rosters I'm creating, do you think I should:

A. Keep the ratings how they are, tweak tendencies that haven't been touched yet (play passing lane, contest shot, etc), and continue creating rookies.

Or

B. Change Inside Shot Ratings so players will get a higher FG% and tweak tendencies/create rookies. To get FG% as close to accurate as possible, I'd have to change the Inside Shot Rating to 99 for any player that shoots 60% from that range (nearly every player in the league, 60% is the average scoring rate from that range) and increase Dunk Rating to 99 for players that shoot at least 65% at the basket (a very large portion of the league).

The reason is, 2k's Inside Shot rating scale only ranges from 30% to 60%. To get 50%, you have to have a rating of at least 90, to get 60% you have to have a rating of 99. In real life, the scale ranges from roughly 50% to 75%. I'm not sure how I feel about having that many players in the league with a 99 Inside Shot Rating.

Let me know what you guys think.
for me A. is better ) cause it's weird to see plenty of 99's ratings
maybe you'll find out smth, good luck man )
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2011, 04:26 AM   #162
Rookie

i simulated one season and checked team stats. I notice that just few teams scoring 100+ points. And in generally teams has low PPG rate due to lack of shot attempts and slightly low FG% for some teams. Also the best team in terms of AST per game is Dallas 22.8, the worst one - Wizards 16.1. In real life teams make more assists
Old 12-24-2011, 11:03 AM   #163
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAN_JE
i simulated one season and checked team stats. I notice that just few teams scoring 100+ points. And in generally teams has low PPG rate due to lack of shot attempts and slightly low FG% for some teams. Also the best team in terms of AST per game is Dallas 22.8, the worst one - Wizards 16.1. In real life teams make more assists
slimm already explained why though and that's why he asked if it was OK for a ton of players to have insane Inside and Dunk ratings. FG% is down across the league unless that's done and that leads to fewer PPG and APG for teams. It's a trade-off between sim stats and gameplay.
Old 12-24-2011, 11:26 AM   #164
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
slimm already explained why though and that's why he asked if it was OK for a ton of players to have insane Inside and Dunk ratings. FG% is down across the league unless that's done and that leads to fewer PPG and APG for teams. It's a trade-off between sim stats and gameplay.
I got it. Sadly that 2K don't fix it..
Btw, it was easy to increase ast. numbers by changing pass rating for each player. I did it with 3 teams and it worked.
Old 12-24-2011, 11:40 AM   #165
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAN_JE
Last year, Houston led all teams with an average of 23.8 AST/G and the Bucks were last with 18.8. Did you set the MPG for all teams at the beginning of the simulation or did you let the CPU set them?
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2011, 09:22 PM   #166
Rookie

OVR: 0

Slimm why in the world is Kobes mid-range at 77? Thats lower than pau gasols and many other players that are not even close to Kobes level. This really makes no sense at all.
Old 12-24-2011, 09:49 PM   #167
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyImOrlando
Slimm why in the world is Kobes mid-range at 77? Thats lower than pau gasols and many other players that are not even close to Kobes level. This really makes no sense at all.
Technically, it should have been a 76 because he shot 38% from 16-23 feet last year. The range I used for mid-range, which was very close to the range that 2k used for that distance, takes the percentage a player shoots from that range, multiplies it by 2, and you get their rating.

It looks like this:
Dirk shot 50% from that range - 99 rating
Kobe Shot 38% from that range - 76 rating
Player x shoots 48% from that range - 96 rating
Player y shoots 34% from that range - 68 rating

Gasol should be a 98 since he shot 49% from that range but when I was scaling big men, I took took their percentage times 2 then subtracted 10 from it. Therefore, he ended up with an 88.

Keep in mind, Offensive Awareness, Shoot In Traffic and Consistency also affect how good a player is during gameplay and Kobe has very high ratings in those categories. Have you played with/against Kobe or simulated any games/seasons with him? He plays like Kobe both in gameplay and in simulations.

Also, keep in mind that Kobe is one of the most overrated shooters from 16-23 feet as I've ever seen. He forces too many shots, in too many difficult situations, over too many defenders to score at an efficient rate. His highest percentage from that range over the past 5 years is 42%. The league average is 40%.
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.
Old 12-25-2011, 01:18 AM   #168
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
Last year, Houston led all teams with an average of 23.8 AST/G and the Bucks were last with 18.8. Did you set the MPG for all teams at the beginning of the simulation or did you let the CPU set them?
i let the CPU do that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »