Home

Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul*

This is a discussion on Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul* within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-26-2011, 08:42 AM   #177
MVP
 
OVR: 19
Join Date: Sep 2005
Re: Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul*

Quote:
Originally Posted by instant000
This roster has Lebron with 90/90 for offensive and defensive clutch, and it seems a bit over-rated.

I've looked at a few attributes, and they appear in-line with actual "hoopdata.com" information.

I'm just worried about the "clutch" ratings not being looked at. They don't affect sim stats, do they?
No, they don't affect simulation stats.

The scale I used for clutch was something like this:

95 - Historical Legend
85 - Performs at a Perennial All-Star Level
75 - Performs like a Potential All-Star
65 - Performs like a starter
55 - Performs like a role player
45 - Performs like a scrub
35 - Shouldn't come off the bench

Lebron disappeared at times during last year's finals, but look at how he has performed throughout his career in the clutch. He has been considered to be the best clutch performer in the league until one playoff series each of the last two playoffs. In 92 playoff games, he averages:

28PPG, 8.4RPG, 7APG, 1.5SPG, 1BPG and hits at 46%FG and 32%3PT.

That's not too bad.

Here are some things excerpts from Wikipedia:

Quote:
In the first round of the 2007 NBA Playoffs, James led the Cavaliers to their first sweep in franchise history over the Washington Wizards in four games.[29] It was the first time the franchise had won consecutive road playoff games.[29] For the series, James averaged 27.8 points, 7.5 assists, and 8.5 rebounds.[12]

In the second round of the playoffs, James led the Cavaliers to a 4–2 series victory over the New Jersey Nets.[30] He averaged 25.0 points, 7.2 rebounds, and 8.6 assists in the series,[12] as the Cavaliers advanced to the Eastern Conference Finals for the first time in 15 years.[30]

In the Eastern Conference Finals, James led the Cavaliers from an 0–2 deficit against the Detroit Pistons to win the series in six games. His performance in Game 5 was especially memorable. James recorded a franchise-record 48 points on 54.5% field goal shooting, to go with 9 rebounds and 7 assists. In addition, James scored 29 of Cleveland's last 30 points, including the team's final 25 points in a double-overtime victory. He concluded the night with a game-winning lay-up with 2 seconds left."

In the playoffs, the Cavaliers swept the Detroit Pistons in the first round of the 2009 NBA Playoffs. James averaged 32.0 points, 11.3 rebounds and 7.5 assists in the series and became just the third player in NBA history to average at least 30 points, 10 rebounds and seven assists in a postseason series. At the end of the last game, in which he tallied 36 points, 13 rebounds and 8 assists on 16–17 free throw shooting, there were MVP chants for him in The Palace of Auburn Hills.

In the next series in the playoffs, James once again led his team to a sweep against the Atlanta Hawks.[55]

On May 22, during Game 2 of the Eastern Conference Finals, the Orlando Magic's Hedo Türkoğlu shot a 12-foot jumper to give the Magic a 2-point lead with 1 second left. Following a Cleveland timeout, Williams inbounded the ball to James, but heavy defense by Türkoğlu denied James a chance at a tying layup. James then attempted and made a three-point shot over Türkoğlu, giving the Cavs a 96–95 victory to tie the series 1–1.
In the series against the Celts in 2010, when he first started receiving flak for "choking and lack of effort" he ended the series with a triple double of 27-19-10.

Last year he dominated until the Mavs series, where he disappeared, didn't move off-ball, stopped attacking, and looked lost.

That being said, if you don't like his ratings, edit them.
__________________
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.

Last edited by slimm44; 12-26-2011 at 10:32 AM.
slimm44 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 10:42 AM   #178
Rookie
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Russia
Re: Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul*

slimm, ca you explain please some sliders settings:
vertical at 0; strength - 0; hustle - 0; consistency - 0; backdoor cuts - 100; driving contact shot frequency - 0; mid range tendency and drive to the basket 55 and 45 respectively, not at 50 )
CAN_JE is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 01:05 PM   #179
MVP
 
OVR: 19
Join Date: Sep 2005
Re: Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAN_JE
slimm, ca you explain please some sliders settings:
vertical at 0; strength - 0; hustle - 0; consistency - 0; backdoor cuts - 100; driving contact shot frequency - 0; mid range tendency and drive to the basket 55 and 45 respectively, not at 50 )
Vertical at 0 eliminates the super-verticals. Vert on 0 looks much more like an NBA game that you would watch.

Strength at 0 reduces bumping on drives to the basket.

Hustle at 0 improves fast breaks.

Backdoor cuts at 100 improves off-ball cuts.

Driving contact shot frequency at 0 reduces "suction" when driving.

Mid-range shot tendency has been raised to 75 to increase the amount of mid-range jumpers the CPU takes. Most teams take between 20-25% of their shots from that range. 50 doesn't come close to that.

Attack the basket has been lowered to 25 and at 25 allows more separation in how often players will drive. At 50 players try to drive too often in my opinion. I don't want to see the CPU try to drive every possession as this doesn't happen in real life.
__________________
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.
slimm44 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 05:44 PM   #180
Rookie
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Nov 2004
Talking Re: Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul*

slimm44:

Thanks for clarifying the clutch ratings. I just saw that Lebron's clutch rating was higher than D-Wades, and felt that was unwarranted, as Wade seemed to be a more reliable player in clutch situations.

I do remember that game where Lebron scored all those points to close it out.

I do respect his game. (As they say, stats don't lie.)

I didn't get a chance to watch his game yesterday, but the media reports was that he was finally trying to get a post game (which is well overdue) and will do a lot to prolong his career and make a good use of his distribution skills.

Also, putting good players like James and Wade in the post will get even more consistent performances out of their other teammates.

Also, I'm glad that you stood up for decreasing Kobe's mid-range ratings, which are "over-rated" to say the least.

Still, he's leading the league in scoring in my simulation thus far. Maybe it's a factor of having only one other good scorer on his team, Gasol. There's probably not a way to properly simulate "jack up contested shots" or "don't shoot for two quarters".
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by lv2bll
i really wasnt expecting them to fix that, but as 2k always does, they blow your mind
instant000 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 05:51 PM   #181
MVP
 
OVR: 19
Join Date: Sep 2005
Re: Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul*

Quote:
Originally Posted by instant000
slimm44:

Thanks for clarifying the clutch ratings. I just saw that Lebron's clutch rating was higher than D-Wades, and felt that was unwarranted, as Wade seemed to be a more reliable player in clutch situations.

I do remember that game where Lebron scored all those points to close it out.

I do respect his game. (As they say, stats don't lie.)

I didn't get a chance to watch his game yesterday, but the media reports was that he was finally trying to get a post game (which is well overdue) and will do a lot to prolong his career and make a good use of his distribution skills.

Also, putting good players like James and Wade in the post will get even more consistent performances out of their other teammates.

Also, I'm glad that you stood up for decreasing Kobe's mid-range ratings, which are "over-rated" to say the least.

Still, he's leading the league in scoring in my simulation thus far. Maybe it's a factor of having only one other good scorer on his team, Gasol. There's probably not a way to properly simulate "jack up contested shots" or "don't shoot for two quarters".
I'm going to go back through the ratings whenever REDitor is released. IMO, Bron and Wade's clutch ratings should be about the same, Wade's probably even deserves to be a little higher. I'll probably have them both at either an 85 or 95 when it's all said and done. I've been working on this since September. I'm bound to have some mistakes in there.

Kobe will typically be in the top 5 in scoring in simulations. He shoots a pretty good percentage from the field (around 45%), hits a few 3's a game, gets to the line quite a bit, and takes just about as many shots as anybody else in the league. In yesterday's game, he took right around 25% of LA's shots. That's a very high amount.
__________________
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.
slimm44 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-26-2011, 06:01 PM   #182
MVP
 
OVR: 19
Join Date: Sep 2005
Re: Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul*

There probably won't be any updates to the roster until sometime in January. I'm still going to add the 2nd round rookies, but I doubt any of them will get any serious burn for most of the season anyway, so it shouldn't make much of a difference. This is Vlad's (author of REDitor) newest post from nba-live.com:

Quote:
Merry Christmas, everyone!

I'm currently deadly busy, trying to finish my last school task, so will answer everyone a couple of days later.

And the release will take place some time early in January. Sorry for the delay, but the semester has been being really tough for my group...

Best wishes to all of you, my friends,
Vlad
Most of the remaining edits/tweaks basically require REDitor. Sorry for the delay.
__________________
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.
slimm44 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 07:36 PM   #183
MVP
 
geisterhome's Arena
 
OVR: 44
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Durban
Blog Entries: 9
Re: Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul*

man you are more up to date with your rosters than 2k is!

i assume your sliders are optimized for 12 mins quarters?
geisterhome is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 03:00 AM   #184
Rookie
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Russia
Re: Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul*

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
Vertical at 0 eliminates the super-verticals. Vert on 0 looks much more like an NBA game that you would watch.

Strength at 0 reduces bumping on drives to the basket.

Hustle at 0 improves fast breaks.

Backdoor cuts at 100 improves off-ball cuts.

Driving contact shot frequency at 0 reduces "suction" when driving.

Mid-range shot tendency has been raised to 75 to increase the amount of mid-range jumpers the CPU takes. Most teams take between 20-25% of their shots from that range. 50 doesn't come close to that.

Attack the basket has been lowered to 25 and at 25 allows more separation in how often players will drive. At 50 players try to drive too often in my opinion. I don't want to see the CPU try to drive every possession as this doesn't happen in real life.
thanks for the explanation, I give it a try with changing mid range and att the basket sliders. I don't know, but I don't see smth unrealistic with vertical on 50. And doesn't strength slider effect when player backing down in the post?
CAN_JE is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:56 PM.

Top -