Home

Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul*

This is a discussion on Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul* within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 12-27-2011, 08:39 AM   #185
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAN_JE
thanks for the explanation, I give it a try with changing mid range and att the basket sliders. I don't know, but I don't see smth unrealistic with vertical on 50. And doesn't strength slider effect when player backing down in the post?
Not that I've noticed. I get backed down and can back down with no problem, depending on who the matchup is, of course.

Put the vertical slider wherever you want it to be. I think it looks more realistic at 0 but you can make the game suit your tastes. Any slider set should be used as a base. Tweak them to your playing style and preference.
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2011, 04:37 PM   #186
Rookie

OVR: 4

Hey.You still tweaking your roster or something,now that the season has started?Im pretty sure that a guy like Norris Cole won´t play like he plays in real life.Atleast he won´t make near as many shots and stuff.God i hope we will get the patch for pc soon,then we can enjoy that game much much more Cheers mate
Old 12-28-2011, 04:58 PM   #187
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohvitser12
Hey.You still tweaking your roster or something,now that the season has started?Im pretty sure that a guy like Norris Cole won´t play like he plays in real life.Atleast he won´t make near as many shots and stuff.God i hope we will get the patch for pc soon,then we can enjoy that game much much more Cheers mate
Cole will probably get a ratings bump in a few categories. I think he's going to be really good, but I want to see more than two games. I'm taking a break for now. It'll probably be a week or so before I get back to it.
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.
Old 12-28-2011, 07:20 PM   #188
Rookie

OVR: 4

yeah.I understand..i think there is no reason to update before patch comes out...
Old 12-28-2011, 10:39 PM   #189
Rookie

OVR: 0

Hey Slimm love the new update everything is in top shape. I even replaced the CF for the rookies with the real ones for realism. However I'm curious as to how to make those rookies be in My Player mode in the Rookie showcase. All the players are still created players and not the ones in the roster. I truly enjoy your rosters and would like to use them for my MP mode but that's the only thing stopping me.
Old 12-29-2011, 05:44 AM   #190
Rookie

Hey man I just wanted to say that what your doing is amazing. I've been waiting for someone to put out a roster like this (for pc) for years. I love the way you use stats to make ratings changes and answer questions. I usually make my own sliders each year (never post them), but I like the sound of yours so I may try them (usually I play on all star). I'm ALL for realism. One question I have is does the lower tendency to drive lead to less FTs than should be? When I play I tend to drive a LOT and that often skews the FT attempts in my favor. I understand that driving to the basket should net you more FTS, but I really like to try and keep the player vs. cpu as even as possible. I don't like to win every game I play, no team should.

As far as I can tell, the one big hole in your roster is the lack of team playbooks. Accurate plays, in my experience, go a long way in adding realism to gameplay. Any plans to add these in the future? I would offer to help but I lack the knowledge and time to do so correctly. I'm also wondering what kind of tendency changes you are making for individual players. I don't expect you to tell me your whole process but some insight would be nice. What's your method for player shot tendencies? Do you touch the "moves" sliders or any of the other sliders? (such as draw/commit fouls, etc.) Do your changes yield the correct amount of touches/shot attempts in gameplay as well as simulation? Sorry for all the questions, not trying to overwhelm you, just interested.

Concerning the question about adjusting inside shot attributes to 90+ for basically everyone: I say that unless it kills gameplay you should do it. Stats don't lie. Unless it causes every player to make everything around the basket I don't see it hurting the game too much. Then again I haven't tried it. The last thing we want is for guards to continually make contested shots over 7-footers. Regardless, if you can make any change that outputs more realistic stats without destroying the gameplay I say go for it. Thanks again for helping myself and others enjoy the game to the fullest. Looking forward to see what you do in the future.
Old 12-29-2011, 05:31 PM   #191
Rookie

I dont understand why Kobes mid range is 77... That literally makes absolutely no sense because Pau Gasols is higher. Not to mention that even some rookies and some garbage bench players have it higher than that. His mid range should be at least 86-90.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2011, 05:35 PM   #192
Pro

ffpp's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyImOrlando
I dont understand why Kobes mid range is 77... That literally makes absolutely no sense because Pau Gasols is higher. Not to mention that even some rookies and some garbage bench players have it higher than that. His mid range should be at least 86-90.
You posted this already and slimm answered this already. Go check your older post in this thread...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »