Home

Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul*

This is a discussion on Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul* within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-29-2011, 04:38 PM   #193
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyImOrlando
I dont understand why Kobes mid range is 77... That literally makes absolutely no sense because Pau Gasols is higher. Not to mention that even some rookies and some garbage bench players have it higher than that. His mid range should be at least 86-90.
If you want to take a career 40% (38% last year, league average is 39.6) mid-range shooter and make him one of the best in the game, go ahead. I already explained why he is rated the way he is in my roster earlier. Feel free to read the explanation.

I have asked for questions/comments/concerns and have answered nearly every question (if not every one). But please, if you're going to criticize the roster or ask a question about it, at least see if it's already been explained.
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.
Old 12-29-2011, 04:45 PM   #194
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanatron
Hey man I just wanted to say that what your doing is amazing. I've been waiting for someone to put out a roster like this (for pc) for years. I love the way you use stats to make ratings changes and answer questions. I usually make my own sliders each year (never post them), but I like the sound of yours so I may try them (usually I play on all star). I'm ALL for realism. One question I have is does the lower tendency to drive lead to less FTs than should be? When I play I tend to drive a LOT and that often skews the FT attempts in my favor. I understand that driving to the basket should net you more FTS, but I really like to try and keep the player vs. cpu as even as possible. I don't like to win every game I play, no team should.

As far as I can tell, the one big hole in your roster is the lack of team playbooks. Accurate plays, in my experience, go a long way in adding realism to gameplay. Any plans to add these in the future? I would offer to help but I lack the knowledge and time to do so correctly. I'm also wondering what kind of tendency changes you are making for individual players. I don't expect you to tell me your whole process but some insight would be nice. What's your method for player shot tendencies? Do you touch the "moves" sliders or any of the other sliders? (such as draw/commit fouls, etc.) Do your changes yield the correct amount of touches/shot attempts in gameplay as well as simulation? Sorry for all the questions, not trying to overwhelm you, just interested.

Concerning the question about adjusting inside shot attributes to 90+ for basically everyone: I say that unless it kills gameplay you should do it. Stats don't lie. Unless it causes every player to make everything around the basket I don't see it hurting the game too much. Then again I haven't tried it. The last thing we want is for guards to continually make contested shots over 7-footers. Regardless, if you can make any change that outputs more realistic stats without destroying the gameplay I say go for it. Thanks again for helping myself and others enjoy the game to the fullest. Looking forward to see what you do in the future.
1. There is variation in FT attempts. I just played a game this morning with NY vs. Portland (NBA Today), and I had 25+ FT's. I can't remember how many, but there is no problem getting to the line if you drive into the lane. Primarily jump shooting teams won't go to the line as much, but that's to be expected.

2. I have edited nearly all tendencies (Including post moves and dribble moves)and have just started the last round of global edits, which is the last section of tendencies (contest shot, reach for steal, etc.). I have adjusted draw and commit foul tendencies. These are based on the player's per 36 minute stats of FTA and FPG. To determine specific shot location tendencies, I went to hoopdata.com, looked at the per40 minute FGA for each location, then multiplied them by 10.

Example:

Player x: (FGA per 40)
4.2 Shots at Rim
1.2 Shots between 3-15 Feet
7.2 Shots 16-23 Feet
3.4 3PT

42 Inside Tendency
12 Close Tendency
72 Mid-Range Tendency
34 3PT Tendency

I plan on updating the first post at some point in time to reflect all changes I've done, the methods to those changes, and updating a link to google documents so I don't have to upload a file to OS every time I have a new roster. If you read through the thread, you will find some explanations and links to google docs already.

3. The in-game stats and sim-stats are both producing realistic results, with gameplay and stats being realistic in HUM Vs. CPU and CPU vs. CPU games.

4. I do plan on diversifying the playbooks. I don't know when that will be, but it is something I want to do.
Old 12-29-2011, 11:39 PM   #195
Rookie

puttincomputers's Arena

OVR: 0

Do I need the black arms fix for this roster?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2011, 11:51 PM   #196
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by puttincomputers
Do I need the black arms fix for this roster?
No, I created all of the rookies. When REDitor is released, I should be able to assign the portrait and cyberface ID to the CAP, then change the player type to a regular player instead of a CAP.

Note: My CAP of Iman Shumpert is UGLY.
Old 12-30-2011, 10:08 AM   #197
Rookie

puttincomputers's Arena

OVR: 0

Have you seen this tool yet?
http://www.nba2kmods.com/forum/index...-face-manager/
Old 12-30-2011, 10:12 AM   #198
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by puttincomputers
No, but thanks!
Old 12-30-2011, 10:27 AM   #199
Rookie

OVR: 5

Can we get ah sticky heah!

Please? I had to look down five or six threads to find this.
Old 12-30-2011, 11:50 AM   #200
Rookie

OVR: 2

great work but i noticed that kyle irvings contract is wrong!!! maybe others too...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »