Home

Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul*

This is a discussion on Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul* within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 01-02-2012, 05:55 PM   #217
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul*

First off, great work! Probably the best set I've ever used. Major kudos.

I was just wondering if you have any advice as to what I should be doing to my future draft classes to keep the play realistic. Should I be auto-generating? Or should I go through and tweak? I haven't been through all the posts in this thread yet but if there are any formulas to come up with ratings and tendencies, that would be amazing. I'll keep reading though!

Keep up the great work!
Old 01-02-2012, 06:30 PM   #218
Rookie

OVR: 4

I hope you man see over some rookies stats and tendencies.Markieff Morris from Phoenix have played very well.I still have problems players using pick and attacking not just coming off the screen and do something else.There seems to be no useful pick&roll game from cpu.I thnik its not changeable with rosters.Maby its a nba2k12 fault.
Old 01-02-2012, 09:12 PM   #219
Rookie

Just repeating what Pook66 has said, I really like these rosters and am wondering what I should do exactly with my draft classes to keep things consistent. I don't mind if my prospects are real players or not, but would like to tweak my draft class before committing to my association game (and would continue doing so down the track as years go on). Any tips?
Old 01-03-2012, 06:24 AM   #220
Pro

ffpp's Arena

OVR: 6

May it be that the rebounding is unbalanced, even on Pro ? With even sliders between human and cpu I find myself at severe disadvantages on the boards often. With a good rebounding front court that is.
Animations look weird as well sometimes with little guys snatching the ball from my bigs in situations where they really shouldn't.

With my old sliders I had the cpu at a 5 point disadvantage for rebounding but since I used slimm's sliders I left them at 100/50 both for testing and now I'm falling way behind in rebounding again.
Old 01-03-2012, 08:00 PM   #221
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAN_JE
slimm, why don't you set run plays slider on 100 for all teams?
CAn you tell, how u worked in this area and what the difference between 0 and 100 run plays in this game?
I don't have run plays at 100 because I've edited all of the freelance tendencies. Even if a play isn't called, there is still some pretty good action on the court. It opens up the flow and also adds more diversity to the game.

Quote:
I use your roster and sliders,but Rose should attack the basket every game.He does it sometimes,but not often enough.He starts dribbling ,but he never finishes his moves by attacking the rim or something.It seems to be an issue with most of the aggressive point guards in nba.Westbrook,Wall
Im not trying to complain,im just saying what i feel,so maby we can check or do something to make thigns betterYou have done a fantastic job mate(Y).There are some issues with some big mans too,who are not backing down as much as they should or not able and tend to shoot a lot of fadeaways.Canīt seem to see lots of post moves from big mans,but maby thats the problem of gameplay level or something.Im playing on all-star difficulty.
Try raising his attack the basket tendency up. I think it's at 50, but I'm not sure. Check it and raise it by 25 to see if it plays better.

Quote:
First off, great work! Probably the best set I've ever used. Major kudos.

I was just wondering if you have any advice as to what I should be doing to my future draft classes to keep the play realistic. Should I be auto-generating? Or should I go through and tweak? I haven't been through all the posts in this thread yet but if there are any formulas to come up with ratings and tendencies, that would be amazing. I'll keep reading though!

Keep up the great work!

Just repeating what Pook66 has said, I really like these rosters and am wondering what I should do exactly with my draft classes to keep things consistent. I don't mind if my prospects are real players or not, but would like to tweak my draft class before committing to my association game (and would continue doing so down the track as years go on). Any tips?
I would STRONGLY suggest editing any draft classes to make sure they fit nicely with the rest of the roster. I'm going to post a "How-To" guide that completely explains how to make the edits I have made so far. This will help but will probably be a little while before it's done.

Quote:
May it be that the rebounding is unbalanced, even on Pro ? With even sliders between human and cpu I find myself at severe disadvantages on the boards often. With a good rebounding front court that is.
Animations look weird as well sometimes with little guys snatching the ball from my bigs in situations where they really shouldn't.

With my old sliders I had the cpu at a 5 point disadvantage for rebounding but since I used slimm's sliders I left them at 100/50 both for testing and now I'm falling way behind in rebounding again.
Not sure. I've had pretty good results with rebounding but it's also one of the parts of the game that took me the longest to figure out. Try a different combination of sliders. If/when you find something that works for you, post them. There are so many playing styles/knowledge levels when it comes to the user input in this game, I think it would be helpful for people to post their slider sets for use. Just because it works for me doesn't mean it works for you, you know?

Quote:
I hope you man see over some rookies stats and tendencies.Markieff Morris from Phoenix have played very well.I still have problems players using pick and attacking not just coming off the screen and do something else.There seems to be no useful pick&roll game from cpu.I thnik its not changeable with rosters.Maby its a nba2k12 fault.
I think this is a design issue. In on of Da Czar's insights he talked about how once a player sets a pick, the AI will tell them to stay, pop, or roll. I haven't found any tendencies or sliders that will cause a player to consistently attack the rim on pick and rolls, even with that player's drive the lane and attack the basket tendencies at 100. More testing needs to be done, though. I will probably tweak the rookie ratings in a month or so. I want to get more stat sampling before I change anything, but I will probably do that.

That being said, I'm still waiting on REDitor to be released and am taking a hiatus from editing. I'm the Assistant Pastor at my church and have a lot of things on my plate there. I'm also finishing up a project where I've completely taken the Bible and placed every passage in chrolonological order. I plan on making it into an E-book and possibly looking into getting it published. That's taking precedent over a video game for a little while. I hope to get you guys another roster soon but I can't promise anything.

Once I post the "How-To" guide, which will go in the first post, it would be VERY helpful if people would volunteer to edit draft classes and the remaining classic teams. If I'm left to this entire project on my own, I'm not sure how long it will take.
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2012, 12:57 AM   #222
Rookie

Hey Slimm. I'm all for having the 2K experience being as realistic as possible so as soon as you put up your how-to you can count me in for helping with the roster. I love your work so far and would be happy to participate.
Old 01-04-2012, 09:03 AM   #223
Rookie

Great Work! But I have one question. Can you provide Hum vs Hum sliders? Mostly I play with my bro ( 5 min quarters ). Should I just change Hum vs Cpu to Hum vs Hum manually ( setting those second hum just like the first ones ) ? Thanks.
Old 01-04-2012, 02:07 PM   #224
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by feral777
Great Work! But I have one question. Can you provide Hum vs Hum sliders? Mostly I play with my bro ( 5 min quarters ). Should I just change Hum vs Cpu to Hum vs Hum manually ( setting those second hum just like the first ones ) ? Thanks.
Try changing the Hum vs. CPU ones manually. I've never played against anyone without being online before.
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »