Home

Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul*

This is a discussion on Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul* within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 01-18-2012, 03:32 PM   #297
Pro

ffpp's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul*

Hi slimm,

since you use the initial version of the games roster you still have the black blazers home socks in it (which only got fixed by a later roster update).

I managed to fix this issue via hex editor. So if you want to, I can fix it in your current working roster file too and send it back to you.
Old 01-18-2012, 04:25 PM   #298
MVP

OVR: 19

Newest roster has been released and link added to post # 1. Roster name - 11812.ROS

This update includes:

All jersey numbers correct
All playbooks edited for team-specific play
Updated assigned plays to every player on teams for diverse on-court action.

@FFPP - If you want to apply the hex edits to the roster I just released, feel free. Once you're done, send it back to me and I'll upload it.

This is going to be the last update I do (aside from FFPP's color edits) until around the all-star break. At that time, I'll update major changes in ratings/tendencies where applicable. At some time I am going to re-edit all of the classic rosters to match the tendency/ratings scales but I need to take a break for a while.

Maybe I'll have time to get a game in now.
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.

Last edited by slimm44; 01-18-2012 at 04:51 PM.
Old 01-18-2012, 05:52 PM   #299
Pro

ffpp's Arena

I sent you a pm with the changed file.

I'm exited for your changes to the playbook stuff.
And I will have to restart my Association *again* now .

Two things I noticed with previous versions of your rosters:
  • I complained a bit about rebounding earlier - but I found out that it gets better on Allstar (was playing on Pro before). Strange but I consistently do better on Allstar in the rebounding department.
  • The game plays much nicer with your roster but also got easier it seems. Thats why I bumped the difficulty to Allstar for me. Using the default rosters Allstar was way too arcady but for your roster it strikes a very nice balance.

Have fun playing, and do it quickly before 2k13 comes out
Old 01-19-2012, 03:21 AM   #300
Banned

Court_vision's Arena

OVR: 25

i will try this tonight. thanks for your effort man

are you able to edit the post spin move rating that is hidden?

i can score at will with that move. can it be lowered? at the moment i can just set indivual players to poor, but it is still easy.
Old 01-19-2012, 08:23 AM   #301
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Court_vision
i will try this tonight. thanks for your effort man

are you able to edit the post spin move rating that is hidden?

i can score at will with that move. can it be lowered? at the moment i can just set indivual players to poor, but it is still easy.
I'll look for it. I don't remember seeing it, but I wasn't looking for it either. I'll let you know. One thing I did edit was the hidden Low Post Shot rating, which was absurdly high for some players.

EDIT: There is no hidden rating for the capabilities. When you try the roster out, make sure you use my sliders as a base. You may find that it's not as easy to score in the post as before. What I did was, for most players, I lowered the Low Post Shot rating to be no higher than the Close rating. There were some players that had a 65-70 Close Rating but had an 85+ Low Post Shot rating. This didn't make any sense to me. With my roster, it will probably still be easy to do the move itself but more difficult to score. After using my roster, let me know if you are still having this issue and if so, with which players.

Last edited by slimm44; 01-19-2012 at 08:31 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2012, 10:24 AM   #302
Banned

Court_vision's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
I'll look for it. I don't remember seeing it, but I wasn't looking for it either. I'll let you know. One thing I did edit was the hidden Low Post Shot rating, which was absurdly high for some players.

EDIT: There is no hidden rating for the capabilities. When you try the roster out, make sure you use my sliders as a base. You may find that it's not as easy to score in the post as before. What I did was, for most players, I lowered the Low Post Shot rating to be no higher than the Close rating. There were some players that had a 65-70 Close Rating but had an 85+ Low Post Shot rating. This didn't make any sense to me. With my roster, it will probably still be easy to do the move itself but more difficult to score. After using my roster, let me know if you are still having this issue and if so, with which players.

I tried a game earlier tonight and your roster definitely has the toughest post play...first time I haven't really been able to abuse it. Really nice work. I noticed guards leaving their man and helping with post D also way more than they do on my Xbox version. Really cool. Did you edit that stuff also or am I imagining it?

Will play a few more games over the next couple of days so I can give you more detailed feedback. Thanks for all your effort
Old 01-19-2012, 10:26 AM   #303
Pro

ffpp's Arena

Thanks for putting up my changes as well.
But I don't know if this problem you are refering to in post #2 would be relevant here.

The hex edits I made where to the jerseys not the players: I edited the Trailblazers and Kings home socks colors to white for both teams.
The other edits where done in-game (based on my home socks color fixed roster), just a nicer selection of accessories and shoes, for the most part to stick closer to a RL appearance.

So, there are no hex-edits done to players and I hope no problems will arise.
Old 01-19-2012, 01:15 PM   #304
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffpp
Thanks for putting up my changes as well.
But I don't know if this problem you are refering to in post #2 would be relevant here.

The hex edits I made where to the jerseys not the players: I edited the Trailblazers and Kings home socks colors to white for both teams.
The other edits where done in-game (based on my home socks color fixed roster), just a nicer selection of accessories and shoes, for the most part to stick closer to a RL appearance.

So, there are no hex-edits done to players and I hope no problems will arise.
I hope no problems arise, also. Since that's kind of uncharted territory for me, I wanted to put out a disclaimer. Hopefully, if somebody does come across editing problems, they'll post. It'll probably work out all right, though. Thanks for doing that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »