Home

Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul*

This is a discussion on Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul* within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 01-20-2012, 11:37 PM   #313
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Court_vision
Man, I really appreciate your work on these. I don't know WTF you did, but I'm now getting some nice doubles and a much, much better inside / out game.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2043288801
I think it's all about expectations. Last year, the doubling system was overly powerful and wasn't realistic, but it's what people got used to and expected to see this year. The only time I remember seeing doubles in the NBA like the ones that were in 2k11 are when the posting player is getting ready to lose the dribble or had already lost it. This year, it's more of a "soft double", which is much more like what you would see in an NBA game. Personally, I prefer how it's done this year.
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.
Old 01-20-2012, 11:46 PM   #314
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by siro
Hey slimm,

Awesome work. Going to give start up an assosciation with them soon

Just letting you know vannwolfhawk has done a ridiculously detailed set of playbooks for xbox, and posted them all to his blog here.

What are your thoughts on adding this to your package? Looks pretty awesome.

Thanks for your work.
I've played 3-4 games with the my newest roster/playbook combination and am very happy with the results. I got my playbooks from a very, very, very respected editor on these boards who wishes to remain anonymous. If you would like to take the newest roster and add the playbooks to it, I would appreciate it. I'm not trying to downplay his research and work, but I'm very, very tired of editing.

Nearly every other project that I've seen online has involved multiple people. Mine has involved me. I theorized and tested every element of the game that I could think of and was able to put together what's been released. I don't know if it's the best roster out there or if there even is such a thing, but I'm pretty happy with it, and with literally hundreds of hours put into it and a very good set of custom playbooks assigned to every team, I just don't feel like doing it.

I REALLY would like it if somebody would create around 10 custom, fictional draft classes using my scales for ratings and tendencies so it would be compatible with the roster. It would probably only take about a week or 2 using the free version of REDitor. That would really help get this thing closer to the "final" release.
Old 01-21-2012, 06:53 AM   #315
Rookie

OVR: 4

Yeah a good draft class is quite must before starting a good association, i hope somebody could help you out with that one
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2012, 07:59 AM   #316
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

I new to this but how do you add the rosters to the 2K12 folder?
Old 01-21-2012, 10:03 AM   #317
Pro

ffpp's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphik
I new to this but how do you add the rosters to the 2K12 folder?
c:\Users\[your user name]\AppData\Roaming\NBA 2k12\Saves

Assuming Windows 7 (or Vista I guess) is where a roster file should go. Then it will in the save/load menu in-game.
Old 01-21-2012, 10:32 AM   #318
Rookie

OVR: 4

i used washington against Minnesota and Kevin Love doenst get the ball much, wont make much shots and overall his usage in posessions are really low.4 shots in 20 minutes, while beasley had 11 Ellington 8.
Old 01-21-2012, 11:22 AM   #319
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohvitser12
i used washington against Minnesota and Kevin Love doenst get the ball much, wont make much shots and overall his usage in posessions are really low.4 shots in 20 minutes, while beasley had 11 Ellington 8.
That would have been about right for last year, which is what the tendencies are based on. Remember, I haven't updated them for this season yet since there haven't been many games played and why I'm waiting until around the all-star break to update them.

Last year, Beasly took a ridiculous amount of shots, top 5 in the league per 36 minutes and Love was way lower than him. This year, Love is the focal point of the offense. When the "Final" update comes out, Love should get the most looks no matter who else on the team is on the floor with him.

If you want to make a very quick change, go to this website http://www.hoopdata.com/advancedstat...12&gp=0&mins=0 and look at the usage rate. Round it to a whole number and change their tendencies to that number.

For example, the Touches Tendency would look like this:

Kevin Love 28
Barea 28
Beasley 26
Randolph 22

Etc.
Old 01-21-2012, 11:38 AM   #320
Pro

ffpp's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
That would have been about right for last year, which is what the tendencies are based on. Remember, I haven't updated them for this season yet since there haven't been many games played and why I'm waiting until around the all-star break to update them.

Last year, Beasly took a ridiculous amount of shots, top 5 in the league per 36 minutes and Love was way lower than him. This year, Love is the focal point of the offense. When the "Final" update comes out, Love should get the most looks no matter who else on the team is on the floor with him.

If you want to make a very quick change, go to this website http://www.hoopdata.com/advancedstat...12&gp=0&mins=0 and look at the usage rate. Round it to a whole number and change their tendencies to that number.

For example, the Touches Tendency would look like this:

Kevin Love 28
Barea 28
Beasley 26
Randolph 22

Etc.
Another thing is that Love probably got a lot of shots from offensive rebounds last season which covered up his lower usage rate.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »