Home

Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul*

This is a discussion on Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul* within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 01-22-2012, 06:20 PM   #329
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul*

Quote:
Originally Posted by geisterhome
i dont know if its about the sliders and roster here, which im using, but i find it extremely easy to score in the paint, all i need to do is to dribble myself into the proper position and then perform one of the layups (practised them a bit more recently) and the cpu has almost no way of stopping me anymore, ill either draw a foul or score directly... have you guys experienced the same and if how are you dealing with this (what sliders have you changed), btw, im playing with the knicks on allstar difficulty
Try lowering the Layup Success slider to around 30. If it's too hard, go up by increments of 2 or 3 until you find a sweet spot. I'm going to edit the Layup ratings in a future release because some players who don't finish at a very high rate at the rim (especially in traffic) have a very high rating in that category, making it very easy to score on layups when you learn how to use the moves correctly.

If you watch an NBA game, there will be multiple times in a game where a player will get all the way to the rim, try to finish the layup in traffic and will miss without a block or foul. This can be replicated in-game but both the Layup Rating and Layup Success sliders need to be edited for best results.
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.

Last edited by slimm44; 01-22-2012 at 06:22 PM.
Old 01-22-2012, 06:54 PM   #330
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'm having a blast with this sliders/settings/rosters, but there's a lil detail I can't seem to fix no matter how much I try.

When using in association/season, I get a really low number of blocks. The league leaders at the end of the seasons for blocks end up with 1.8-1.7-1.6 blocks per game. Now I understand this is more of a problem within the game itself than this set of tools you provided, but I was wondering if there's anything at all I could tweak to get a more realistic number?

I've tried both your sliders, tried rasing blocks to 99 on both, then tried that with vertical at 99 too, also tried raising a couple of the top shot blockers to 99 block individually, and I just can't seem to find a way to get a more realistic number, so do you have any idea of anything I could edit/tweak to improve this?

P.D. While you are at it, the steals number for the spg leaders seems a lil high, lowering the steals sliders didn't seem to fix this, and there's a bunch of guys shooting 3's for over .530, any tips on anything to improve this behavior that 2ksports got into the game :S?
Old 01-22-2012, 08:49 PM   #331
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by -CoL-
I'm having a blast with this sliders/settings/rosters, but there's a lil detail I can't seem to fix no matter how much I try.

When using in association/season, I get a really low number of blocks. The league leaders at the end of the seasons for blocks end up with 1.8-1.7-1.6 blocks per game. Now I understand this is more of a problem within the game itself than this set of tools you provided, but I was wondering if there's anything at all I could tweak to get a more realistic number?

I've tried both your sliders, tried rasing blocks to 99 on both, then tried that with vertical at 99 too, also tried raising a couple of the top shot blockers to 99 block individually, and I just can't seem to find a way to get a more realistic number, so do you have any idea of anything I could edit/tweak to improve this?

P.D. While you are at it, the steals number for the spg leaders seems a lil high, lowering the steals sliders didn't seem to fix this, and there's a bunch of guys shooting 3's for over .530, any tips on anything to improve this behavior that 2ksports got into the game :S?
No matter what you do, the blocks leader will only get around 2.5 blocks per game. I could expand the scale (the one I use now is more historically accurate) and may for a future release of the roster. I may end up with two different rosters, one rated for use with classic players in an association and one rated just for current players.

For the 3pt %, it's statistical variance. A player with a 99 3pt rating will vary between 47-53% from that distance. Same with any rating in any category, including steals. It allows for some dynamic stats in simulations, which is good, because nobody averages the same exact numbers from year to year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2012, 09:05 PM   #332
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
No matter what you do, the blocks leader will only get around 2.5 blocks per game. I could expand the scale (the one I use now is more historically accurate) and may for a future release of the roster. I may end up with two different rosters, one rated for use with classic players in an association and one rated just for current players.

For the 3pt %, it's statistical variance. A player with a 99 3pt rating will vary between 47-53% from that distance. Same with any rating in any category, including steals. It allows for some dynamic stats in simulations, which is good, because nobody averages the same exact numbers from year to year.

I see, I guess ill just manually move down a lil bit the 3pt ratings of a couple of guys to get more realistic numbers, same with steals.

With the blocks tho, It's not really the way you rated their block rating, I editted a few guys (Deandre, Howard, Bogut, Chandler) and gave them 99 vertical, 99 awareness, 99 blocking just to test the results, simmed 5 times (restarting every time on the 2012 seasons so they wouldnt get older/slower) and the league leaders had 1.8-1.9 blocks per game. I would be happy if I was getting the 2.5 blocks per game for the league leader that you mention. Any ideas of anything that could affect this? foul sliders? contact?, before I give up.
It's weird cause it seems like there's some hidden walls preventing to reach some statistics no matter how you tweak, for example I editted Kevin Love's stamina, rebounding, awareness, vertical, to 99, his minutes in rotations to max, rebounding sliders to max, just to test. simmed several seasons, could never get him to average over 11 rebounds per game, or play >33 minutes

On a final note, I saw the doc where you explained how you rated most categories, I'm impressed and appreciate you took the time to transfer those advanced stats from Hoopdata, and basketball reference. I also noticed you mention on the defense and post defense ratings that you did them subjectively for lack of a better source; I don't know if you are aware of it but if you ever wanted to, you could check http://www.mysynergysports.com/ it gives objective statistics about defense split into different categories, you can see how many points per possession anyone gives overall, or defending post plays, isos, etc. and their overall rank in that category compared to everyone else in the league (for offense too).

Last edited by -CoL-; 01-22-2012 at 09:09 PM.
Old 01-22-2012, 11:30 PM   #333
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by -CoL-
I see, I guess ill just manually move down a lil bit the 3pt ratings of a couple of guys to get more realistic numbers, same with steals.

With the blocks tho, It's not really the way you rated their block rating, I editted a few guys (Deandre, Howard, Bogut, Chandler) and gave them 99 vertical, 99 awareness, 99 blocking just to test the results, simmed 5 times (restarting every time on the 2012 seasons so they wouldnt get older/slower) and the league leaders had 1.8-1.9 blocks per game. I would be happy if I was getting the 2.5 blocks per game for the league leader that you mention. Any ideas of anything that could affect this? foul sliders? contact?, before I give up.
It's weird cause it seems like there's some hidden walls preventing to reach some statistics no matter how you tweak, for example I editted Kevin Love's stamina, rebounding, awareness, vertical, to 99, his minutes in rotations to max, rebounding sliders to max, just to test. simmed several seasons, could never get him to average over 11 rebounds per game, or play >33 minutes

On a final note, I saw the doc where you explained how you rated most categories, I'm impressed and appreciate you took the time to transfer those advanced stats from Hoopdata, and basketball reference. I also noticed you mention on the defense and post defense ratings that you did them subjectively for lack of a better source; I don't know if you are aware of it but if you ever wanted to, you could check http://www.mysynergysports.com/ it gives objective statistics about defense split into different categories, you can see how many points per possession anyone gives overall, or defending post plays, isos, etc. and their overall rank in that category compared to everyone else in the league (for offense too).
I'm guessing that in the example with Kevin Love you're simulating the season, the CPU is making a roster move because of an injury/fa pickup/trade and then automatically resetting the minutes of the starters. With the roster in the link, if the players have minutes set the way they are in the team rotation screen, I have no problem getting Love to grab 14.5-15.5 rebounds per game consistently. Try simulating a season with injuries off, set his minutes to 36-38 per game, turn off trades and see what results you get. I bet he gets more than 11.

I know about mysynergysports, also. I'm absolutely not spending close to 100 bones to edit a video game. I know some people do, and I wish them the best and concede they will probably edit a more precise roster set than me. That's on them, though. And, I think my wife and I would have some serious problems if I spent 100 bucks, not on video games, but on things I need to edit video games. I would really like access to their data, but I'm not willing to pay that price for it.
Old 01-22-2012, 11:54 PM   #334
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
I'm guessing that in the example with Kevin Love you're simulating the season, the CPU is making a roster move because of an injury/fa pickup/trade and then automatically resetting the minutes of the starters. With the roster in the link, if the players have minutes set the way they are in the team rotation screen, I have no problem getting Love to grab 14.5-15.5 rebounds per game consistently. Try simulating a season with injuries off, set his minutes to 36-38 per game, turn off trades and see what results you get. I bet he gets more than 11.

I know about mysynergysports, also. I'm absolutely not spending close to 100 bones to edit a video game. I know some people do, and I wish them the best and concede they will probably edit a more precise roster set than me. That's on them, though. And, I think my wife and I would have some serious problems if I spent 100 bucks, not on video games, but on things I need to edit video games. I would really like access to their data, but I'm not willing to pay that price for it.
I actually check synergy data for individual players all the time for free, what I don't get is access to their videos and stuff (assume the paid version also shows better rankings, sortable tables or I dunno tho).

But anyway, regarding the inconsistencies on simulated stats, Of course I had injuries disabled and no trades and 40 minutes for Love, but I finally found out what was it, it's a problem with the way 2ksports handles the stats in sims, now I don't know if I can link another website but townknave made a great post titled "Comprehensive Simulated Stats Mechanics Guide" in NLSC, it explains how every stat relates to real life results, and how some stats have absolutely no input on simulated stats. I recommend checking it, it could come handy for the future.

For example 99 block rating would only amount to a 4.9% block rating, so no matter what I do, I wouldn't get more than that; and rebounding itself for a player affects the distribution of rebounds for a team, he had the same problem with Love and by reducing the rebound rating for his teammates (mostly beasly and darko), Love's rebounds went up, worked for me too, again Seriously recommend reading that post to understand how the simulated games work in 2k12.
Old 01-23-2012, 06:48 AM   #335
Rookie

OVR: 4

Hey Slimm have you also adjusted and lowered players potential lvls, so it would have good effect on association?So there wouldn´t be 10 99 players after 3 seasons and so.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2012, 03:33 PM   #336
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

I dont know what you did with these rating but I'm having a blast with the game after DLin your rosters+sliders. BTW, playing on Pro with 6 min quaters. Game speed 52.

Fast breaks are like heaven. I even had a FB off a long rebound and my player grabbed the rebound and in stride, shot out in front of the pack to get a And 1 dunk. Never, and I mean NEVER seen that happen in 2k. I'm averaging close to 8 points off fastbreaks now.

Only thing I turned up is inside contact because I was lacking fouls. I turned up the Hands sliders to get a few more tipped passes and Play Passing Lane to go along with the Hands slider. Adjusted the passing accuracy to get some more bad passes and passes sailing out of bounds. I also raised the foul sliders and steal success slider and lowered cpu driving just a tad.

Besides that, I've been having some awesome, frustration free games against the cpu. Shot percentages are perfect. Rebounds are perfect and low and behold, the cpu doesn't cheat me out the building.

There is still lack of double teams from the cpu but that has been noted by everyone in the community and the rediculous PG up and unders as well as the cpu hitting contested shots when the shot clock runs out.

All things aside, I've been having a ball and you've renewed my interest in the game. I was real close to writing the game off till I found this thread.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »