Home

Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul*

This is a discussion on Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul* within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 01-25-2012, 04:48 PM   #345
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul*

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
That's awesome, man! Are you using the guide I posted?
Yeah! Alongside that I've also made a spreadsheet with average stats for positions based on your roster, and the overall/potentials of all the rookies for comparison. (if anyone wants to have a look I'll upload to google docs-it's ugly though!). Since I'm simply making fictional drafts I don't have raw data to draw stats from, so I've just been comparing them to the current roster.

I've noticed for a lot of players, contrary to the guide, you are using freelance off ball screen tendencies on quite a few players. I've avoided using it because of your warning, but what's the latest word on this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2012, 05:01 PM   #346
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blasterhead
Yeah! Alongside that I've also made a spreadsheet with average stats for positions based on your roster, and the overall/potentials of all the rookies for comparison. (if anyone wants to have a look I'll upload to google docs-it's ugly though!). Since I'm simply making fictional drafts I don't have raw data to draw stats from, so I've just been comparing them to the current roster.

I've noticed for a lot of players, contrary to the guide, you are using freelance off ball screen tendencies on quite a few players. I've avoided using it because of your warning, but what's the latest word on this?

i'm really interested..could you upload it?
Old 01-26-2012, 09:49 AM   #347
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by -CoL-
I actually check synergy data for individual players all the time for free, what I don't get is access to their videos and stuff (assume the paid version also shows better rankings, sortable tables or I dunno tho).

But anyway, regarding the inconsistencies on simulated stats, Of course I had injuries disabled and no trades and 40 minutes for Love, but I finally found out what was it, it's a problem with the way 2ksports handles the stats in sims, now I don't know if I can link another website but townknave made a great post titled "Comprehensive Simulated Stats Mechanics Guide" in NLSC, it explains how every stat relates to real life results, and how some stats have absolutely no input on simulated stats. I recommend checking it, it could come handy for the future.

For example 99 block rating would only amount to a 4.9% block rating, so no matter what I do, I wouldn't get more than that; and rebounding itself for a player affects the distribution of rebounds for a team, he had the same problem with Love and by reducing the rebound rating for his teammates (mostly beasly and darko), Love's rebounds went up, worked for me too, again Seriously recommend reading that post to understand how the simulated games work in 2k12.
I have absolutely no problems getting accurate numbers across the board during simultation except FG% and Blocks (14-15 RPB, 10-12 APG, 2-3 SPG, accurate metric stats, etc.) and have posted the data to prove it in this thread and others. I understand how the sim-engine works. What confuses me is why you can't get the same stats I do. I consistently get accurate stats and minutes (when the rotations are set properly) with how the roster is currently rated. By accuracy, I mean compared to last-years numbers. Remember, this roster hasn't been updated in accordance with this year's stats yet because I want more of a sample size before doing that kind of an update. I plan on doing one major rating/tendency update around the all-star break, then leaving that part of the roster alone. If you are comparing the sim-stats to this year's actual stats, they will be at least slightly to moderately off, but should still be in a range considered "realistic".

I know the block % tops out at around 5-6% in the sim-engine. I knew this going in to rating the roster but based my block ratings on a 10% scale due to my intention of at some time having all classic rosters re-rated to the same scales as current players and wanting there to be clear separation between players. For example, Howard has a block% of around 5-6, but players historically have had a block% between 7-10. That's why I talked before about possibly having a second roster only to factor in the players in the league today, particularly in regards to the block rating.

Thanks for letting me know you can see stats for free on synergy. I didn't know you can do that. I will definitely use that info in future releases of the roster.
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.

Last edited by slimm44; 01-26-2012 at 10:42 AM.
Old 01-26-2012, 09:50 AM   #348
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohvitser12
Hey Slimm have you also adjusted and lowered players potential lvls, so it would have good effect on association?So there wouldn´t be 10 99 players after 3 seasons and so.
Yes I have.
Old 01-26-2012, 09:55 AM   #349
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blasterhead

I don't know what you're saying in the second paragraph. Can you please explain?

EDIT: In earlier builds of the roster, I used that tendency in conjunction with the Set Screen Tendency frequently but noticed that when you have players with more than a 0 in Set Screen Tendency, it caused a lot of screens to be set in the low post among big men and they would flash-screen in the low block. I hated that as it's completely unrealistic.

What I've realized is players with a Use Screen Tendency above 0 will automatically "call" for a screen to be set when they want it. I would suggest using the Use Screen Tendency but not using the Set Screen Tendency. With the tendencies edited that way, players will use screens more appropriately but the inappropriate use of setting screens is minimized/eliminated.

If you have any questions, let me know. I'm not sure if I've explained this clearly.

Last edited by slimm44; 01-26-2012 at 10:37 AM.
Old 01-26-2012, 02:06 PM   #350
Rookie

Hi guys i know it is probably a stupid question but whats the right destination for all those files in the game directory. Can someone please help me out?
Old 01-26-2012, 05:06 PM   #351
Banned

rosque's Arena

C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\2K Sports\NBA 2K12\Saves
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2012, 07:09 PM   #352
MVP

pokerplaya's Arena

OVR: 14

I sent you a private, Slimm - but I saw your likes on my additions to your set, so I'm leaving the file up, and of course you can grab and feel free to put it as your official if you wish. I do not wish for or need any credit I was just glad to be able to help out on this amazing project and have it be even more useful/realistic to others. As I said in private message, if I can do anything else with the free version of REGEdit, I am at your disposal.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »