Home

Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul*

This is a discussion on Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul* within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 01-26-2012, 08:19 PM   #353
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul*

So, each year in an association - does every player's 3pt tendency go up? Or just the bigs?

It's a 3pt jack feast a few seasons in. The league-wide 3pt shooting % is horrible!
Old 01-26-2012, 08:44 PM   #354
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFireTurkey
So, each year in an association - does every player's 3pt tendency go up? Or just the bigs?

It's a 3pt jack feast a few seasons in. The league-wide 3pt shooting % is horrible!
I don't know about the 3pt Tendency. Haven't checked.

If you don't like the 3pt %, or any rating or tendency, edit them to your liking.
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.
Old 01-26-2012, 08:50 PM   #355
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerplaya
I sent you a private, Slimm - but I saw your likes on my additions to your set, so I'm leaving the file up, and of course you can grab and feel free to put it as your official if you wish. I do not wish for or need any credit I was just glad to be able to help out on this amazing project and have it be even more useful/realistic to others. As I said in private message, if I can do anything else with the free version of REGEdit, I am at your disposal.
I think it would be the most helpful if you would either A. help create fictitious (or projected real) draft classes or B. start editing the classic teams. There's one poster who is working on draft classes, but I think either one would be great. I'll be able to update the ratings/tendencies fairly quickly when the time is right. Thanks for your help, man!
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2012, 10:07 PM   #356
MVP

pokerplaya's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
I think it would be the most helpful if you would either A. help create fictitious (or projected real) draft classes or B. start editing the classic teams. There's one poster who is working on draft classes, but I think either one would be great. I'll be able to update the ratings/tendencies fairly quickly when the time is right. Thanks for your help, man!
Hmm, I might be able to look into classic teams... I really don't follow college enough to be any kind of authority. I guess I have to see what kind of data I'd have to crunch to do classic team edits. I'm old enough to probably be helpful there, just wasn't sure what else you had planned for these rosters as far as the current NBA. And you're welcome!
Old 01-27-2012, 12:23 AM   #357
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
In earlier builds of the roster, I used that tendency in conjunction with the Set Screen Tendency frequently but noticed that when you have players with more than a 0 in Set Screen Tendency, it caused a lot of screens to be set in the low post among big men and they would flash-screen in the low block. I hated that as it's completely unrealistic.

What I've realized is players with a Use Screen Tendency above 0 will automatically "call" for a screen to be set when they want it. I would suggest using the Use Screen Tendency but not using the Set Screen Tendency. With the tendencies edited that way, players will use screens more appropriately but the inappropriate use of setting screens is minimized/eliminated.

If you have any questions, let me know. I'm not sure if I've explained this clearly.
Thanks, it was in response to this line from the guide:
"All players get 0 in Use and Set screen. If not, it causes big men to set screens for each other at times which looks ridiculous."

I'll start occasionally adding use screen for versatile shooting guards and small forwards (sound about right?).

pokerplaya: I don't want to discourage you or anyone else from working on historical teams, but having another person working on draft classes would be great! It's a far bigger job than I thought it was (making four of five already seems crazy, more like one or two!).

I don't actually know a lot about college basketball myself (or basketball in general for that manner), so I'm also not the best person for the job. I'm learning a lot as I go. But the sooner there is a stockpile of draft classes the sooner people can start those dream franchises without the game getting so messed up.
Old 01-27-2012, 01:29 AM   #358
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheva07
i'm really interested..could you upload it?
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...VNJZUk4NE45WGc

It was just copied from the player cards in game, so is unfortunately missing some attributes/tendencies.

I'm making sure to only use it as reference alongside the slimm44's guide.
I was relying on it way too much at first and it makes the players less interesting, and is probably quite misleading. Wish I had data on player stats according to playstyle/height/weight/etc.

Potentials are interesting, and there has already been a lot of analysis of them. (here)

The key potential value seems to be 75, which determines whether the player will continue to increase their potential (confusing I know) after 24 years of age. Potential values 75 or over will likely end up as starters or better in the long run. Around 69-73 potential is the interesting point: depending on playing time and injuries within the first few years, the player might break 75 potential and become much better players than they otherwise would.
Old 01-27-2012, 04:03 AM   #359
MVP

pokerplaya's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blasterhead
Thanks, it was in response to this line from the guide:
"All players get 0 in Use and Set screen. If not, it causes big men to set screens for each other at times which looks ridiculous."

I'll start occasionally adding use screen for versatile shooting guards and small forwards (sound about right?).

pokerplaya: I don't want to discourage you or anyone else from working on historical teams, but having another person working on draft classes would be great! It's a far bigger job than I thought it was (making four of five already seems crazy, more like one or two!).

I don't actually know a lot about college basketball myself (or basketball in general for that manner), so I'm also not the best person for the job. I'm learning a lot as I go. But the sooner there is a stockpile of draft classes the sooner people can start those dream franchises without the game getting so messed up.
My question about the next rookie classes is if we're going to have to buy higher versions of REGEdit just to keep the contracts from being ridiculous like Irving's and Williams' were before I fixed them... also, I've noticed in some out of game box scores certain of my players being named other names... like Hansbrough's stats appear as Tyler Honeycutt in the boxscore. They still calculate right for the player card and all the stat boards, but its just weird man... I'd be interested in helping with draft classes, but I really have no idea what the community would want and would have to do a lot of research. I'm game, however...
Old 01-27-2012, 08:09 AM   #360
Rookie

Wow really great work thanks to you slim and every other person involved.
Just wondered why D.Rose got only 70 and something in inside and near the basket scoring cause guys like conley got 80. Nonetheless great works feels really good to play and tweaking roses scoring attributes i'm able to handle that by myself^^.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »