Home

Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul*

This is a discussion on Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul* within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2012, 12:12 AM   #369
MVP
 
OVR: 19
Join Date: Sep 2005
Re: Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAN_JE
i think it's too many great ratings + it will be some new rookies..
Especcially Geogre, Vucevic, Singlleton, maybe Williams, Morris, Oden, Irving

and slimm, please answer my last question about roster. Can u provide another link to this?
An average of around 1 player per team with a rating between 80 and 97 isn't good enough for you, bro? I thought that was pretty decent, considering I was guessing on the scale in the first place.

Here's the link to the 1-18-12 roster file. I'm not going to find another website for storage when you seem to be the only person that can't access the file from the link in the first post. I hope this works for you.

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0Bxj...c3MjU5MDEwYmE0
__________________
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.
slimm44 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 12:20 AM   #370
MVP
 
OVR: 19
Join Date: Sep 2005
Re: Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul*

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosque
Have you updated Mullins and other players that deserve it in new roster?
Not yet. I have started to update the tendencies/ratings but am having some difficulty determining what to do.

99% of the ratings and tendencies from last year to this year are VERY similar but I am obsessive when it comes to detail. I have tried two different ways so far and I can't figure out which one to do, mainly because I am absolutely burnt out on editing and would like to just play the game. Here are my two choices, I need the community who is playing this roster to give me some guidance:

Option 1 - Go through the roster, player by player, and make sure that every rating and tendency that is based off of objective statistics is correct for the first 20 games of this season. This would yield very minor differences from the roster that has been released and would take at least 2 weeks of INTENSE editing to get done, probably 4-6 weeks with the rate of editing I've been doing.

Option 2 - Go through the rookies, breakout players, big-name players who have switched teams, and players who have played more minutes this year than ever before (Kyle Lowry, Chris Paul, Eric Gordon, Byron Mullens, ETC) and make sure that those players are edited correctly for this season. This method would probably take a day or two to get done. I would still update the Take Shot and Touches Tendency for every player if I did it this way. That doesn't take very long.

Let me know what you guys think.
__________________
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.
slimm44 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 01:32 AM   #371
Rookie
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Russia
Re: Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul*

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
An average of around 1 player per team with a rating between 80 and 97 isn't good enough for you, bro? I thought that was pretty decent, considering I was guessing on the scale in the first place.

Here's the link to the 1-18-12 roster file. I'm not going to find another website for storage when you seem to be the only person that can't access the file from the link in the first post. I hope this works for you.

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0Bxj...c3MjU5MDEwYmE0
you forgot about some rookies throughout this 5 seasons, they can also get high overalls ). Appreciate your work, bro. Just not a big fan of high OVRs of some players
man, finally it works for me, thanks!
CAN_JE is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2012, 03:46 AM   #372
MVP
 
pokerplaya's Arena
 
OVR: 14
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Detroit, MI
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAN_JE
you forgot about some rookies throughout this 5 seasons, they can also get high overalls ). Appreciate your work, bro. Just not a big fan of high OVRs of some players
man, finally it works for me, thanks!
The point was, they DIDN'T get high overalls. That was the league in an actual sim... Looked great to me.

Also, I vote for Option #2, Slimm.
__________________
I'm just an old guy sports gamer...
pokerplaya is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 08:24 AM   #373
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jan 2012
Re: Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul*

slimm44, if i wanna play the game on HOF, do i have to make any adjustments to the game sliders?
BestInTheWorld is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 08:33 AM   #374
MVP
 
OVR: 19
Join Date: Sep 2005
Re: Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestInTheWorld
slimm44, if i wanna play the game on HOF, do i have to make any adjustments to the game sliders?
I have no idea, I've never tried HOF. I love Pro. Try it out and see, I guess. I think there may have been someone that talked about HOF with my roster at some points in this thread, but I can't remember. If you go back and read the thread, you may find it.
__________________
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.
slimm44 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 09:26 AM   #375
Banned
 
rosque's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2011
Re: Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul*

I play it on HOF and I have never before had such fun with 2K games. It's just AWESOME.
rosque is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2012, 05:14 AM   #376
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jan 2012
Re: Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul*

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
Not yet. I have started to update the tendencies/ratings but am having some difficulty determining what to do.

99% of the ratings and tendencies from last year to this year are VERY similar but I am obsessive when it comes to detail. I have tried two different ways so far and I can't figure out which one to do, mainly because I am absolutely burnt out on editing and would like to just play the game. Here are my two choices, I need the community who is playing this roster to give me some guidance:

Option 1 - Go through the roster, player by player, and make sure that every rating and tendency that is based off of objective statistics is correct for the first 20 games of this season. This would yield very minor differences from the roster that has been released and would take at least 2 weeks of INTENSE editing to get done, probably 4-6 weeks with the rate of editing I've been doing.

Option 2 - Go through the rookies, breakout players, big-name players who have switched teams, and players who have played more minutes this year than ever before (Kyle Lowry, Chris Paul, Eric Gordon, Byron Mullens, ETC) and make sure that those players are edited correctly for this season. This method would probably take a day or two to get done. I would still update the Take Shot and Touches Tendency for every player if I did it this way. That doesn't take very long.

Let me know what you guys think.
First off, I want to say thanks for the updated rosters and sliders. Statistically, the games have been spot on. Great work! It's clear you put a lot of effort in and it's appreciated!

If you do end up updating, Option 2 is definitely the path to take. 20 games is such a small sample size that it isn't worth changing all the players. Focusing on the few breakout players makes sense, especially with all the injuries this year (potentially skewing the results in a negative way). Personally, I updated a few wolves players, but I'm a fan. What can I say I have Rubio fever and wanted to see him starting!

I did have a question about your rating system. I didn't see any distinction between positions in your scale. I remember a post about subtracting 10 from a player's statistic because they were a big man. Do you still do that? Any chance the scales can be updated with that info. It would make editing and creating draft classes a lot easier.

I played My Player (7'6" center drafted to the 76ers) with your roster and settings (with a little trickery =P) and it's went great (even with the computer likely changing minutes and rotations). Kobe is leading the league (for now my player is on the rise) with 29-30 ppg. I think Howard was leading the league in rebounding with around 13 (poor K-Love). And Nash was leading in assists with around 12 or 13 as well Lebron was throwing out his usual sick stats. The Mav's are the top team so far and the Wizards were the worst. All in the world seems right.

I've been playing with your User vs CPU settings and the results started out great, but lately I have been abusing teams on Pro (especially on the fast break). I'll likely be kicking it up to the next level, so I'll be sure to post results if I do. The only thing I might try and tweak is getting more fouls. I've sadly only seen the bonus once in all my games, but I think its more of a limitation on the game than the sliders. It looked like you already had the important one set to 100. I may also bump up making shots with contact for a few more And-1's, but I'm going to be cautious with that.

Two last things. Does your roster include those contract changes talked about earlier (wasn't sure if you had merged it yet)? Also, the draft projection and elites and rookies teams need to be updated to include the actual drafted rookies and not the made up dudes. The last players are correct but the early players aren't (Irving and such). If I get this updated before you do I'll be sure to post it.
EDIT: Just looked and the Draft Projections and Overriding Rotations (for the Elites and Stars) can only be edited with the Guru edition of REDitor. I only have the Player edition, though I've been considering upgrading. A workaround would be to edit the fake players and make them the real ones, but that'll take considerably longer. I'll wait and see if anyone has Guru =P

Thanks again! I'm off to play some Create a Legend with Rubio!

Last edited by imposterzed; 01-30-2012 at 07:12 AM.
imposterzed is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:17 PM.

Top -