Home

Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul*

This is a discussion on Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul* within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 02-10-2012, 12:22 AM   #457
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul*

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerplaya
BTW - I don't see what you changed in the ratings document...was looking through it, but didn't see anything different.
I added a tab at the bottom called "Playstyles (Universal Ideas)". Is it not showing up?
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.
Old 02-10-2012, 05:30 AM   #458
MVP

pokerplaya's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
I added a tab at the bottom called "Playstyles (Universal Ideas)". Is it not showing up?
I don't see anything with a "tab" in it... maybe I'm looking at wrong file can you relink please? Thanks.
Old 02-10-2012, 08:51 AM   #459
Banned

rosque's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
OK.. do you remember seeing many other statistical anomalies in the sim, or was this the lone "outlier" that you noticed? I plan on doing a long sim here either today or tomorrow night at worst before I get into doing the draft classes. More to come in the next post but wanted to reply.
Sorry, that was it. Oh and Rose also had like 19 points, IMO he should have 3-4 points more. Maybe even 24PPG. I just went trough that quickly to see ratings for T'Wolwes prospects.
Old 02-10-2012, 09:39 AM   #460
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosque
Sorry, that was it. Oh and Rose also had like 19 points, IMO he should have 3-4 points more. Maybe even 24PPG. I just went trough that quickly to see ratings for T'Wolwes prospects.
When you run an association or season, all minutes are reset by the CPU and nearly all starters get either 31 or 34 minutes per game which ruins all realistic simulation possibilities. My guess is, this is what happened and you didn't go through all teams and set rotation minutes accurately. I have run probably 20-30 simulations with rotations set correctly and have not seen a single instance of statistical anomaly like you mention.

Did you set the minutes for each team or just start the association and start simming?
Old 02-10-2012, 09:43 AM   #461
MVP

Quote:
I don't see anything with a "tab" in it... maybe I'm looking at wrong file can you relink please? Thanks.
Sent you a pm
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2012, 10:29 AM   #462
Banned

rosque's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
When you run an association or season, all minutes are reset by the CPU and nearly all starters get either 31 or 34 minutes per game which ruins all realistic simulation possibilities. My guess is, this is what happened and you didn't go through all teams and set rotation minutes accurately. I have run probably 20-30 simulations with rotations set correctly and have not seen a single instance of statistical anomaly like you mention.

Did you set the minutes for each team or just start the association and start simming?
That's sucks TBH.

Started simming. But only minutes I adjusted were on my team to give my prospects best playing time possible.
Old 02-10-2012, 11:12 AM   #463
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosque
That's sucks TBH.

Started simming. But only minutes I adjusted were on my team to give my prospects best playing time possible.
Trust me, I know. I've been editing for a few years and it's been the same every year. The minutes do not transfer out of play now mode into season or association mode. In the past, they've transferred into playoff mode but I haven't tried this season.

Soon, probably when REDitor is able to edit draft classes, I'm going to purchase a license. Then, I'll be able to start an association file and assign minutes with REDitor, then post the file online so no one would have to assign minutes during the first year of association. After the first year, all bets are off because there are so many transactions.
Old 02-10-2012, 12:37 PM   #464
Banned

rosque's Arena

That'd be great if you were able to do that.
Thanks for this great roster/slider set.

BTW: I noticed that rebounds in Association with your slider are not consistent. I destroyed Lakers by 15 rbds and then Magic has like 25 rebounds at half and I have like 5-6.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »