Home

Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul*

This is a discussion on Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul* within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 02-10-2012, 03:08 PM   #465
MVP

OVR: 19
I'm thinking that if stats in gameplay are varying it's not because of something that's static. There are a lot of other factors that effect stats, but feel free to change the sliders to your liking. I've recently been playing with offensive rebounding at 50 and defensive rebounding at 0 and have gotten ok results. The sliders are meant to be a base, not a "perfect" product.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2012, 03:10 PM   #466
MVP

Re: Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul*

I'm also guessing that the magic shot a high fg % in the first half. Please post stats at the end of the game by total and by quarter, if you don't mind.
Old 02-10-2012, 07:20 PM   #467
Rookie

OVR: 7

Okay so my issue with these rosters is one that I have with any rosters based off of stats. If you are going to base rosters and attributes off of stats, you need to be very careful. Case in point is Russell Westbrook who has a decent three point shot, but only when left wide open. In your ratings he has a 74 point three point rating. That makes sense, however, he also has a 85 SIT stat which means he could be nailing threes through a double team like he's Kobe. Shoot in Traffic is a modifier to the baseline shooting attributes. That's why I think guys like Lebron and Durant have too high of shooting ability and thats why Kobe came out of the box with seemingly low ratings for his shot. It is their SIT and SOD that allow them to shoot at a high percentage. Those shots when they are wide open, Lebron and Kobe will make with about the same consistency as a Luol Deng or Drew Gooden or absolutely anybody in the NBA who can get points from the perimeter.

Another thing is someone like Omer Asik. Omer Asik is a great rebounder and you gave him a 98 rating in rebounding. However, a lot of his rebounding ability comes from his SIZE. If one player in 2k12 has a 98 rebounding attribute and he is 6'6" and another player like Omer Asik has a rebounding attribute at 98 while he is 7', Omer Asik will destroy him on the glass. But the problem is, in real life, they both have the same rebounding percentages and in real life they would compete very well for boards against each other. So my theory is that you would need to bump down Asik's rating to like an 80, because a lot of his rebounding ability comes from his size, not his actual skill in boxing out and hands. This would apply to all big guys except pretty much Howard and Love.

I really appreciate your hard work though, all I am proposing is slight tweaks based on looking past the numbers and trying to get an understanding of the numbers. Ultimately we both want attributes that result in the most accurate stats possible.
Old 02-10-2012, 09:29 PM   #468
MVP

Feel free to edit them. I have my methods and they work. I've never tested your rebounding theory in game, but with the edits I've made sand the slider set I uploaded, I disagree on the sit and sod ideas you have. I ask you to play 5 12 minute period games with westbrook and take a bunch of contested 3's with him, then post the stats.
Old 02-11-2012, 01:53 AM   #469
MVP

New roster released at 11:50PM CT. List of players added in this release in first post. Make sure to download the cyberfaces as well.

THIS MAY BE THE FINAL RELEASE.
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.
Old 02-11-2012, 03:01 AM   #470
Banned

Court_vision's Arena

OVR: 25

Thanks for your efforts Slimm. I've really enjoyed using your rosters.

These and the SIMWorld Rosters on the 360 really add a lot to the game
Old 02-11-2012, 03:17 AM   #471
Rookie

OVR: 7

Alright I might do that. These are great and I definitely will use them! Thanks a lot man I will enjoy these.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2012, 04:47 AM   #472
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
New roster released at 11:50PM CT. List of players added in this release in first post. Make sure to download the cyberfaces as well.

THIS MAY BE THE FINAL RELEASE.
wow, thanks bro, amazing work

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »