Home

Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul*

This is a discussion on Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul* within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-24-2011, 01:42 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muuuu
Thanks for your efforts guys, it is really appreciated. I only played MP so far on superstar using a hybride version of yours and thetruths sliders with your rosters and settings of course. The game experience is much better. Not "perfect", but I'll find the proper slider adjustments at one point. Keep it up guys! Muuuu
Glad you like the roster. As long as it plays like a passable version of digital reality, I'm happy. When you find the slider set that suits your taste, please post them.
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2011, 11:06 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
I've had some communication with youALREADYknow about more editing on the playbooks so each team will have more individuality. I don't have an ETA, but that part of the roster is going to continue to be edited.

It is my hope to get this game to play the way it was intended to. When the right adjustments are made, this game is beautiful to play and watch. Hopefully I can pass the experience on to as many PC users as well and we can get past the cheese, frustration, and disappointment that so many have voiced since the game was released.
Played last night using your sets and that is by far the MOST REALISTIC NBA2K12 I ever had. Really good job. Aside from the individuality playbook-wise that you mentioned, I see no reason to adjust your sets. Looking forward to your next release.
Old 11-25-2011, 08:28 AM   #43
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by domain008
Played last night using your sets and that is by far the MOST REALISTIC NBA2K12 I ever had. Really good job. Aside from the individuality playbook-wise that you mentioned, I see no reason to adjust your sets. Looking forward to your next release.
Hey man, glad you like it! I think that adding the individuality to playbooks and putting the Free Agents/Classic Players/Hidden Players-Rookies on Disk on the same rating and tendency scale will be awesome once REDitor comes out. It should allow me to edit the ages of the Classic Players, also.
Old 11-26-2011, 05:46 AM   #44
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

OVR: 44

amazing job! im pretty new to nba2k and basketball games in general so im glad im getting some helping hand here with sliders and the roster you edited! hope youll keep it up
Old 11-26-2011, 09:22 AM   #45
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by geisterhome
amazing job! im pretty new to nba2k and basketball games in general so im glad im getting some helping hand here with sliders and the roster you edited! hope youll keep it up
Glad you enjoy the edits, bro.

Just a heads up about the roster file, I still don't anticipate adding the rookies to the roster until REDitor comes out, unless there is a workaround without hex editing, and I don't think there is. If anybody has an idea on how to do it, I'm all ears.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2011, 06:01 AM   #46
Rookie

Hi,

I just started using your rosters, testing on a couple of cpu vs cpu games and using cpuvscpu sliders. It's great finally seeing a lot of pick and rolls and a flowing fast break action, I think you really maxed the potential here.

However I'll do some modifications of my own since the major problem is the number of posessions. For some reason the teams still wait until the buzzer to shoot most of the time. Even the Suns and such teams. So it's not down to offensive tempo. Is it not attacking the basket enough, or the freelance tendencies or something else i dont knkow but Ill gladly test and post results. Ill also try to increase turnovers by decreasing pass accuracy and increase fouls as those are also a little short of real time stats.
Old 11-28-2011, 08:10 AM   #47
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by necastivi
Hi,

I just started using your rosters, testing on a couple of cpu vs cpu games and using cpuvscpu sliders. It's great finally seeing a lot of pick and rolls and a flowing fast break action, I think you really maxed the potential here.

However I'll do some modifications of my own since the major problem is the number of posessions. For some reason the teams still wait until the buzzer to shoot most of the time. Even the Suns and such teams. So it's not down to offensive tempo. Is it not attacking the basket enough, or the freelance tendencies or something else i dont knkow but Ill gladly test and post results. Ill also try to increase turnovers by decreasing pass accuracy and increase fouls as those are also a little short of real time stats.
I'm glad you're enjoying them!

If you don't mind, the next CPU vs. CPU game you watch, will you track the number of times a team takes a shot in the last 4 seconds of the shot clock and also track who takes the shot? The more testing we get done, the better chance we have of making this game as good as it can be.

I'm routinely seeing the slow-paced teams get around 72-77 shots per game and the fast-paced teams getting 82-89 with team fouls in the 10-18 range and free throw attempts in the 14-30 range. Even with the fast break and game tempo sliders at 100 I've still seen the occasional shot at the end of the shot clock, but as long as it's occasional and not regular, I can live with it. Not every possession in real life is used in the first 10-15 seconds of the shot clock, even with the most up-tempo teams.

In the Association I'm running with the Clippers, I've only seen one big man take a shot at the end of the shot clock, and that was Oden on the Blazers. I'm considering raising the "basement" of the offensive tempo coaching slider to try to combat this. I didn't see it at all against the Grizzlies or the Cavs so I'm assuming 25 may be a little low for this slider.

That being said, edit away, man. If you can make changers to sliders/tendencies/coaching sliders that improve the game moreso than decrease it, I'm all for it. At this point, I've moved on to editing the Classic Teams. So far, I've got the 64-54 Lakers and Celtics done along with the 94-95 Magic. I also edited the touches, take shot, and isolation tendencies for the free agents. That crop is so bad this year I didn't take the time to edit every players attribute and tendency. If they get picked up by someone, they won't get much playing time.
Old 11-28-2011, 09:35 AM   #48
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
I'm glad you're enjoying them!

If you don't mind, the next CPU vs. CPU game you watch, will you track the number of times a team takes a shot in the last 4 seconds of the shot clock and also track who takes the shot? The more testing we get done, the better chance we have of making this game as good as it can be.

I'm routinely seeing the slow-paced teams get around 72-77 shots per game and the fast-paced teams getting 82-89 with team fouls in the 10-18 range and free throw attempts in the 14-30 range. Even with the fast break and game tempo sliders at 100 I've still seen the occasional shot at the end of the shot clock, but as long as it's occasional and not regular, I can live with it. Not every possession in real life is used in the first 10-15 seconds of the shot clock, even with the most up-tempo teams.

In the Association I'm running with the Clippers, I've only seen one big man take a shot at the end of the shot clock, and that was Oden on the Blazers. I'm considering raising the "basement" of the offensive tempo coaching slider to try to combat this. I didn't see it at all against the Grizzlies or the Cavs so I'm assuming 25 may be a little low for this slider.

That being said, edit away, man. If you can make changers to sliders/tendencies/coaching sliders that improve the game moreso than decrease it, I'm all for it. At this point, I've moved on to editing the Classic Teams. So far, I've got the 64-54 Lakers and Celtics done along with the 94-95 Magic. I also edited the touches, take shot, and isolation tendencies for the free agents. That crop is so bad this year I didn't take the time to edit every players attribute and tendency. If they get picked up by someone, they won't get much playing time.
It's usually playmakers taking the shots. Big men never. That's a great step forward, I suppose you took away their isolation tendency. That used to irritate me as well. Average NBA no of posessions is around 106, here I'm getting 90-100, with fga's ok but TO's and FTA's too low. I'll check and try to help out. Keep up the great job!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »