Home

Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul*

This is a discussion on Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul* within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 02-20-2012, 10:59 PM   #513
Rookie

adonis2109's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul*

And this man is one of the reasons I play sports games long after their shelf lives. Thanks for putting in work pokerplaya.

Slimm, are you feeling like All-Star is the sweet spot, especially with your new sliders?
Old 02-21-2012, 01:23 AM   #514
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by adonis2109
And this man is one of the reasons I play sports games long after their shelf lives. Thanks for putting in work pokerplaya.

Slimm, are you feeling like All-Star is the sweet spot, especially with your new sliders?
I like them a lot more than Pro. The ONLY thing I don't like is the CPU does a lot of up and unders at the bucket, even with pump fake and up and under tendencies at 0. Aside from that, I like them a lot. Stars and post players are a lot more aggressive, which I like a lot. I felt that post players especially were too timid on Pro.
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.
Old 02-21-2012, 10:50 AM   #515
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10

Great rosters. Odd thing I noticed though with these, I recently reinstalled 2k12 and had to start My Player over. Using your newest set when I go to create my guy the first and last names duplicate each other. If I change the first it automatically is used as the last also, and vice versa.

Earlier versions of your roster doesn't have this effect.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2012, 01:04 PM   #516
Rookie

adonis2109's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
I like them a lot more than Pro. The ONLY thing I don't like is the CPU does a lot of up and unders at the bucket, even with pump fake and up and under tendencies at 0. Aside from that, I like them a lot. Stars and post players are a lot more aggressive, which I like a lot. I felt that post players especially were too timid on Pro.
Right on, your sliders/roster have been the only ones I've played with because I immediately felt like the game was right where I wanted it when I booted it up, but Pro didn't really scale up with me as I got better; All-Star might be the right call at this point. Thanks Slimm!
Old 02-21-2012, 05:17 PM   #517
MVP

I have uploaded the final edition of my roster set. The updates include:

Updating Jeremy Lin's ratings/tendencies.
Updating Shot Locations in Coaching Profiles.
Placing JR Smith on the Knicks
Adjusting rotations for Clippers to accommodate K-Mart and the Knicks to accommodate JR.

Enjoy. This is the final update.
Old 02-21-2012, 07:36 PM   #518
Pro

OVR: 0

I'm thinking the patch that gets released some day might affect the work that you did. I'd recommend seeing how they change and address accordingly...
Old 02-21-2012, 10:27 PM   #519
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPhazon8
I'm thinking the patch that gets released some day might affect the work that you did. I'd recommend seeing how they change and address accordingly...
The simulation engine hasn't changed since at least 2k10, which is when I started editing roster. There is no way they patch it this year. If anything, the sliders may need to be tweaked depending on how the patch affects gameplay but I doubt there is any chance at all that widespread ratings/tendency changes will need to be done.
Old 02-22-2012, 12:47 AM   #520
MVP

I just played the best game ever.

Knicks (me) at Boston in the first game of a playoff series. During regulation, I couldn't get anything going. Amare was in foul trouble early and I couldn't hit anything outside of the paint. Boston was playing suffocating defense and I couldn't find a rhythm. At the end of 3 periods, I was down 57 to 64.

In the 4th quarter, Anthony went off and scored around 18 points. He was hitting jumpers, posting up Pierce and hitting all kinds of shots, even got a few dunks in. Since he carried my team and I was able to inch back in, I decided to give him the last shot, being down 2 with 8 seconds left. He took Pierce down the left side of the lane, took a 10 foot pull-up that rimmed out, and Tyson Chandler came from out of nowhere and tipped in the miss with .7 seconds left to send it to overtime.

In overtime, neither team started hot. With about 1:30 left, Boston took a 5 point lead that I was able to chip away at when Rondo missed a few FT's. With 10 seconds left, down by 3, I decided to go to Carmelo again. He walks Pierce up to the 3pt line on the left elbow, pulls up, and hits the 3 with .7 seconds left again to send it to a 2nd overtime.

During the 2nd overtime, it was back and forth with several lead changes. I had a chance to win at the buzzer, but bricked my shot and it went to a 3rd overtime.

They ended up going up by 6 and eventually winning by that much because my guys were so tired they couldn't do anything anymore.

Here are pics of the stats:

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0Bxj...hmY2Q4M2NhMDJi

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »