Home

Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul*

This is a discussion on Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul* within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-01-2012, 11:13 AM   #561
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul*

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
I tend to use 3 year averages for ratings and tendencies. Every year a player's statistics will vary slightly from season to season, especially when you're looking at advanced metrics such as %'s of rebounds, assists, blocks, steals, etc.
ok thanks for answer )
just played 2 games in a row vs T'woolwes and have a some issue with Love's play. He's not as aggressive on the glass and on offense as he should be.. Their Man is Beasley, he had about 30 points and 10 rebs in both those games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2012, 02:17 PM   #562
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAN_JE
ok thanks for answer )
just played 2 games in a row vs T'woolwes and have a some issue with Love's play. He's not as aggressive on the glass and on offense as he should be.. Their Man is Beasley, he had about 30 points and 10 rebs in both those games.
Beasley was probably starting when he should be coming off the bench. Love has consistently been having 20+pts and 10+rebs in cpu games for me. I hope to have the newest roster release in a few days. I've got the rotations and positions correct (based on season averages) and am going to look at ratings/tendencies to see if anything needs to change.

Also, are you playing on pro or all-star?
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.
Old 03-02-2012, 03:16 AM   #563
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
Beasley was probably starting when he should be coming off the bench. Love has consistently been having 20+pts and 10+rebs in cpu games for me. I hope to have the newest roster release in a few days. I've got the rotations and positions correct (based on season averages) and am going to look at ratings/tendencies to see if anything needs to change.

Also, are you playing on pro or all-star?
yeah, Beasley was a starting SF. They run many plays for him because he has high characteristic in 'shot location' tendencies
I'm playin on all-star.
Old 03-02-2012, 07:41 AM   #564
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAN_JE
yeah, Beasley was a starting SF. They run many plays for him because he has high characteristic in 'shot location' tendencies
I'm playin on all-star.
Plays are called for players based on their Touches Tendency, not Shot Location Tendencies. His Touches Tendency will be scaled down in the next release because his Usage % is lower this year than last.
Old 03-03-2012, 12:28 AM   #565
Rookie

Can I apply the sliders to the "My Player" I have already started?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2012, 06:09 AM   #566
Pro

ffpp's Arena

OVR: 6

Anything new on rebounding ?
My team still sucks at it, but only when I play the games myself. Simulating gives better stats.

Its just ridiculous how often my players don't get good position under the basket or even if have aweful timing on the jump. Switching to the big man down low for the rebound is usually too slow to have any real effect for me.

I've tried several coaching settings and all, everytime the same crap with this game -.-
This is on All-star with rebounding set to 100/50 for both teams. Is it just me ? Should I use some particular playing style to work around this ?
Old 03-03-2012, 08:37 AM   #567
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffpp
Anything new on rebounding ?
My team still sucks at it, but only when I play the games myself. Simulating gives better stats.

Its just ridiculous how often my players don't get good position under the basket or even if have aweful timing on the jump. Switching to the big man down low for the rebound is usually too slow to have any real effect for me.

I've tried several coaching settings and all, everytime the same crap with this game -.-
This is on All-star with rebounding set to 100/50 for both teams. Is it just me ? Should I use some particular playing style to work around this ?
I played a game yesterday with offensive rebounding at 50 and defensive rebounding at 15. Bosh had 13 boards at the beginning of the 4th period, not sure what he finished with. I'm going to tinker with the consistency rating/slider because it may be that it controls all attributes, not just shooting. I have no proof of this yet, just a hunch. Try the rebounding sliders at the numbers I mentioned and see if that helps you.
Old 03-03-2012, 08:38 AM   #568
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greekman
Can I apply the sliders to the "My Player" I have already started?
Shouldn't be a problem.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »