Home

Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul*

This is a discussion on Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul* within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 03-03-2012, 10:59 AM   #569
Pro

ffpp's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul*

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
I played a game yesterday with offensive rebounding at 50 and defensive rebounding at 15. Bosh had 13 boards at the beginning of the 4th period, not sure what he finished with. I'm going to tinker with the consistency rating/slider because it may be that it controls all attributes, not just shooting. I have no proof of this yet, just a hunch. Try the rebounding sliders at the numbers I mentioned and see if that helps you.
I will.
Btw, it wasn't meant as an insult towards your sliders. I'm feeling uneasy with the rebounding in this game since I got it. I posted here because it was clear which settings I am playing with.
Old 03-03-2012, 11:02 AM   #570
Rookie

OVR: 2

strange, i have a rebounding slider set to 100/0 for both teams and get good results different from game to game
Old 03-03-2012, 12:15 PM   #571
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffpp
I will.
Btw, it wasn't meant as an insult towards your sliders. I'm feeling uneasy with the rebounding in this game since I got it. I posted here because it was clear which settings I am playing with.
No offense taken. I tried raising the consistency slider to 15 and both teams shot over 60%. I was hoping that wouldn't happen, but it did. I am in the process of updating rebounding and passing numbers based more on this season's stats and have gotten Philly through Chicago done. I'm going to watch a few CPU games to see what changes it makes. I also took away Isolation as a play type for any players that didn't have that as they're primary play type. I'll post results as I find them.
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2012, 12:36 PM   #572
Rookie

OVR: 2

slimm44, yeah about iso plays, I take away this type of plays from almost every player, just don't like it ) and they are set for too many players, for example Steve Nash - but in real he almost never plays one on one, only mismatches
Old 03-03-2012, 01:26 PM   #573
MVP

OVR: 19
I went strictly off of synergy percentages. If a player had isolation as a play type, at least 10% of their play types were ISO by synergy stats. What I've found is the way synergy calculates this and 2k makes it happen in-game are different, which may be what you're saying, just in different words.
Old 03-06-2012, 07:40 PM   #574
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

OVR: 44

any idea already how the patch will effect your sliders/ratings?
Old 03-07-2012, 04:30 AM   #575
Pro

ffpp's Arena

OVR: 6

After playing about 20 minutes of a team internal practice game I felt like shooting overall has become a bit less efficient. But some full games would be necessary to verify that.
The patch notes say that contested threes have become less accurate, so a little bump to the 3pt slider might be necessary.

Btw slimm, I tried your suggestion of setting the rebounding to 50/15 for both teams and it seemed to me that rebounding got shifted a bit in favor of the smaller players. I thought that it would be the other way around. Maybe its because the bigs usually have higher rebounding ratings and therefore have 'more to lose' by low rebounding sliders.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2012, 12:48 PM   #576
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by geisterhome
any idea already how the patch will effect your sliders/ratings?
Ive been playing some games with the all-star sliders and its been really hard to hit a jumper my field goal percentage has plummeted

Also im not sure if the patch has affected overall player tendencies in-game with k. love and michael beasely never attempting 3s when wide open, same went with rubio using these rosters

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »