Home

Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul*

This is a discussion on Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul* within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 03-18-2012, 05:32 PM   #609
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul*

What would you change for bargnani and what would be your reasons for the changes?
Old 03-18-2012, 09:44 PM   #610
RJ8
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
What would you change for bargnani and what would be your reasons for the changes?

Speed 35 to 42,
quickness 35 to 50
offensive clutch 45 to 60
potential 65 to 80
pass da 43 to 60
hopstep layuop dunk average to good
spin layup/dunk average to good

The reason is simple, we're talking about big man of 2.13 with over twenty points a night in the hands. It can not be "61" and the bench in your roster.
Old 03-18-2012, 11:19 PM   #611
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8
Speed 35 to 42,
quickness 35 to 50

I could see raising speed and quickness to 45 but no higher than that. I doubt you read the first and second post and their attachments all the way through, but my speed and quickness ratings are on a tier system. Putting him above a 45 would give him a 55 rating which is comparable to a lot of SF's in my roster. I think 45 would be ok, though.

offensive clutch 45 to 60

I could see a 65 here, also. Again, my ratings are on a tiered system, where 65=starter level, 75=potential all-star level, 85= perennial all-star level, etc. He's only at a 45 because I didn't pay as much attention to offensive or defensive clutch ratings as I play with the Clutch slider at 0.

potential 65 to 80

Maybe, MAYBE I could see this at a 75, which means he has the potential to possibly reach the all-star game, but definitely not an 85, which means he has the potential to make the all-star game yearly. He's not going to make more than one all-star game, IMO, and that's giving him a lot of credit.

pass da 43 to 60

This season is his best statistical passing season at 11.7%, which would give him around a 47 based on 2k's sim-engine. Giving him a 60 would earn him an assist % of 21, twice as good as his best-ever season. Highest to go on this rating is a 47, and that's in a shortened season. His career average assist % is a 6.9, which equals a rating of 40.

hopstep layuop dunk average to good
spin layup/dunk average to good

I'd have difficulty raising these to good since he only takes 3.3 shots per game at the rim. That means between putbacks, dunks, layups, and inside post shots combined, he takes right at 3 per game. He's not exactly a beast in the paint, rather he makes his money hitting outside shots, namely those between the FT and 3pt line, where he is VERY good.

The reason is simple, we're talking about big man of 2.13 with over twenty points a night in the hands. It can not be "61" and the bench in your roster.

That big man does give you 20 a night, but also only gives you 6 boards, 2 assists, and .5 blocks a game. The boards and blocks are poor for a PF/C. Even still, if you edit him with your edits, he still stays at a 62 overall. With my recommendations, he's at a 62.

He's only on the bench because he's played 19 out of 45 games. I stated in the post earlier that if a player has played less than half of this season or has been placed on the injured reserve, they were inactive in the roster. You can always start him in the file you have, which is where I would have him if he didn't miss so much time this season.
Changes in bold.
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.

Last edited by slimm44; 03-18-2012 at 11:23 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2012, 12:41 AM   #612
Rookie

OVR: 4

Fair enough about Gallinari. And I should have said thanks for the great work on this earlier.

I need a roster to start an association, but I'm not liking the set potentials. Makes it a bit unrealistic I think (eg: I found it way too easy to trade in Harden, Jennings etc)

Great work anyway.
Old 03-19-2012, 09:24 AM   #613
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by footballoholic
Fair enough about Gallinari. And I should have said thanks for the great work on this earlier.

I need a roster to start an association, but I'm not liking the set potentials. Makes it a bit unrealistic I think (eg: I found it way too easy to trade in Harden, Jennings etc)

Great work anyway.
How did you trade those players (straight up, player finder, trade finder, etc) and what were the offers/trades for them?
Old 03-19-2012, 10:40 AM   #614
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
How did you trade those players (straight up, player finder, trade finder, etc) and what were the offers/trades for them?
Trade finder. Lots of good players(inc. Jennings and Harden) seemed to have only 2 star trade value. Lowered potential is probably why.
Old 03-19-2012, 11:19 AM   #615
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by footballoholic
Trade finder. Lots of good players(inc. Jennings and Harden) seemed to have only 2 star trade value. Lowered potential is probably why.
They have a 75 in potential because they are fringe all-star players. If you give players that young anything higher than a 75, the roster will be stuffed with 90+ rated players in a few years rendering association unplayable. Did you see the post I made a while back giving information about simming in an association and the amount of 90+, 80+, and 75+ rated players there were?

Also, try simming a year in association and look at the trades that are made. There are a lot of trades, but they tend to be believable trades, IMO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2012, 01:24 AM   #616
Rookie

OVR: 0

The trade deadline download link in the first post directs me to the opening day roster.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »