Home

Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul*

This is a discussion on Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul* within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-08-2012, 12:27 PM   #681
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul*

slimm44, is your roster compatible with "1000+ Missing Legends, Retro Players, & Rookie Portraits 5.0" or not?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2012, 05:46 PM   #682
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by geisterhome
thank you leftos! great help, didnt figure out yet how and where to enter the stats of my oponents in games against me so that your awesome program is showing the overall stats but im working on it!
Grab the latest version. You can either edit them directly in Team Overview, or update the database via a box score, and it should add the stats up automatically.

If you have any more questions regarding NST, ask me in the tool's thread, so that we don't hijack this one.

http://forums.nba-live.com/viewtopic.php?f=143&t=84110
Old 05-08-2012, 06:05 PM   #683
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by free24ride1
Slimm are you going to fix the trade deadline roster with its bug in My Player where your name duplicates? The reason I am getting this bug because the roster is not compatible for post-patch. Can you make the roster post-patch? My game version is PC patch 1.0.1
For anyone getting this bug, I've found a workaround.

I'm using the Playoff Roster. You need to download REDitor, open up the roster, go to ID lines 1068 through 1113. All the PlTypes should say 1. You need to change all those to 3.

For some reason, when you created a player it would make multiples of the same player and change everyone's nicknames to the name of you player. With these changes, it should work.

I've tested this in MyPlayer and with CAP and it seems to work.

EDIT:

Forgot to add, thanks slimm44 for the great work. Really liking everything so far!

EDIT2:

Seems like there is still a problem with MyPlayer. I can make a player with no duplicate names but it doesn't track your stats. So every game will be your player's "first" game.

Last edited by xricecubex; 05-08-2012 at 10:52 PM.
Old 05-09-2012, 02:23 PM   #684
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
I think it does. If you have a horrendous release, it will give you a low shot grade and the closer you release the shot at it's "proper" point, the better grade you get. What do you have the rebounding sliders set at?
i have them at 100 and 50 respectively for me and reduced both the offensive and defensive rebounding values for the cpu by 3 or 4. still getting outrebounded but im really starting to think its my personal lack of rebounding skills rather than your sliders.

i know its off topic but maybe i can shortly explain my approach to rebounding so if there is a foundamental mistake maybe you or somebody else here can correct it..

on defense i usually controll the player defending against the shooter (ballhandler). then after i tryed to challange his shot im switching as quickly as i can to another player closer to the basket and when the ball is bouncing off the basket im pressing the rebounding bottom. my timing might be off sometimes but im working on it.

on offense im using the same system, just that im controlling the ballhandler this time myself.

-Glad to be an Operation Sports Member!-
Old 05-09-2012, 07:06 PM   #685
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by geisterhome
i have them at 100 and 50 respectively for me and reduced both the offensive and defensive rebounding values for the cpu by 3 or 4. still getting outrebounded but im really starting to think its my personal lack of rebounding skills rather than your sliders.

i know its off topic but maybe i can shortly explain my approach to rebounding so if there is a foundamental mistake maybe you or somebody else here can correct it..

on defense i usually controll the player defending against the shooter (ballhandler). then after i tryed to challange his shot im switching as quickly as i can to another player closer to the basket and when the ball is bouncing off the basket im pressing the rebounding bottom. my timing might be off sometimes but im working on it.

on offense im using the same system, just that im controlling the ballhandler this time myself.
When I play D, I generally control the player who ended my last offensive possession. I don't try to switch to a rebounder, but just stick with the one guy. Switching makes it very difficult for me to find an opposing player and box him out, since I don't exactly who I'm going to switch to.

Boxing out definitely helps, too. Hold LT and try to move the player you're controlling towards an offensive player. When I get a body on someone, I almost always control the rebound, but if I just jump, the CPU murders me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2012, 08:49 AM   #686
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe_42
When I play D, I generally control the player who ended my last offensive possession. I don't try to switch to a rebounder, but just stick with the one guy. Switching makes it very difficult for me to find an opposing player and box him out, since I don't exactly who I'm going to switch to.

Boxing out definitely helps, too. Hold LT and try to move the player you're controlling towards an offensive player. When I get a body on someone, I almost always control the rebound, but if I just jump, the CPU murders me.
thanks for the hints! ill give it a try and see how it works!

-Glad to be an Operation Sports Member!-
Old 05-18-2012, 08:09 AM   #687
Pro

chinatownpwnage's Arena

OVR: 1

does anyone know how to add players like jonas valacunas to this roster?
Old 05-18-2012, 08:56 AM   #688
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinatownpwnage
does anyone know how to add players like jonas valacunas to this roster?
only if you create him with the help of REditor or ask Slimm to do it

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »