Home

NBA 2k12 keeps crashing I think know why please help

This is a discussion on NBA 2k12 keeps crashing I think know why please help within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-04-2012, 12:00 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
NBA 2k12 keeps crashing I think know why please help

it keeps crashing everytime I try to edit a player, and it crashes right when it hits loading "nikeshoe" that I recognize from being an award from nike for my player to costumize my own shoe, I'm guessing thats the problem, not sure why its crashing my game, but I've already tried uninstalling from lame *** steam (made me download the entire game all over again) and still no fix.

So does anybody know how to delete the shoe that I earned in my player? I already tried deleting every file I could think of that connected to the shoe, but its still crashing, how do I get rid of this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2012, 11:49 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2k12 keeps crashing I think know why please help

I can't even load a game anymore, I paid money for something I can't use, what the ****.
Old 03-05-2012, 03:32 AM   #3
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer

OVR: 13

Maybe this: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...d.php?t=539545
Old 03-20-2012, 06:08 AM   #4
Glory to the Brave!

Guffers's Arena

OVR: 16

I've been playing on my laptop for 87 hours since release day. I go to open the game tonight and it crashes to the desktop on launch every single time. I've verified the game cache, tried running it as administrator and in different compatibility modes and nothing works.

A quick google search lets me know that this is a widespread issue. If any of you guys have a solution I would love to hear about it. Otherwise I'll probably uninstall the game and avoid the aggrevation.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:17 AM   #5
Glory to the Brave!

Guffers's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guffers
I've been playing on my laptop for 87 hours since release day. I go to open the game tonight and it crashes to the desktop on launch every single time. I've verified the game cache, tried running it as administrator and in different compatibility modes and nothing works.

A quick google search lets me know that this is a widespread issue. If any of you guys have a solution I would love to hear about it. Otherwise I'll probably uninstall the game and avoid the aggrevation.
Two weeks later and I still can't get the game to work. I've reinstalled the game, reinstalled direct x and Nvidia's latest drivers and I've tried running the game in every possible compatibility mode.

Ironically the only change I've made to my computer since the game stopped working is that I installed MLB 2K12.

I put in a request with 2K support days ago and still haven't heard back from them. I'm not exactly thrilled at the minute...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2012, 02:29 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guffers
Two weeks later and I still can't get the game to work. I've reinstalled the game, reinstalled direct x and Nvidia's latest drivers and I've tried running the game in every possible compatibility mode.

Ironically the only change I've made to my computer since the game stopped working is that I installed MLB 2K12.

I put in a request with 2K support days ago and still haven't heard back from them. I'm not exactly thrilled at the minute...
2K has the worst support in the WORLD, especially if you are a PC gamer. Our game is more cheap than the console's one which means we are not treated as equals, just look at how many patches are made for them and for us.

This year was the last I bought a 2K product, not because the game was a total fail, but because they showed me over the years that the only thing they care is my money and nothing else. Their job is done with the release of the game and see you next year.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:58 PM   #7
Glory to the Brave!

Guffers's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greekman
2K has the worst support in the WORLD, especially if you are a PC gamer. Our game is more cheap than the console's one which means we are not treated as equals, just look at how many patches are made for them and for us.

This year was the last I bought a 2K product, not because the game was a total fail, but because they showed me over the years that the only thing they care is my money and nothing else. Their job is done with the release of the game and see you next year.
Yeah two days later and still no reply. I can't see them responding at this point. I may as well uninstall the game and move on to something else. I would purchase it for the 360 but all of a sudden I don't feel like playing this game.

It's got me baffled. Every other game on my system is working fine, including MLB 2K12 but NBA just crashes instantly. It is infuriating!!
Old 04-06-2012, 07:55 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

Hi all. I think I have the same problem. You may want to try to delete the "shoedata.dat" file found in "C:\Users\[User]\AppData\Roaming\2K Sports\NBA 2K12\shoes". I think that file contains the NikeID stuff.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »