Home

Switched to PC - WOW

This is a discussion on Switched to PC - WOW within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-02-2012, 10:02 PM   #49
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Switched to PC - WOW

I'm running i3 2330m Intel only Asus laptop, 30 frames on everything high....looks better than my console
Old 05-03-2012, 10:24 AM   #50
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman504
Question for all you PC owners...how much did your set ups cost you? Im no PC expert but I'm looking to buy a computer. Is a buget of $400-500 too little?
mine was $600 and has been able to run everything in the last 2 years on high, including battlefield. I built mine myself though, thats the only way to go

I really pity the people who are forced to only play on consoles. Just for comparison, i played a game on the 360 last night and it was horrible. Not only are the graphical enhancements incredible, but player movement and momentum shots in general seem much more responsive and cleaner than the console version
Old 05-03-2012, 02:02 PM   #51
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen_Master07
mine was $600 and has been able to run everything in the last 2 years on high, including battlefield. I built mine myself though, thats the only way to go

I really pity the people who are forced to only play on consoles. Just for comparison, i played a game on the 360 last night and it was horrible. Not only are the graphical enhancements incredible, but player movement and momentum shots in general seem much more responsive and cleaner than the console version
Man I had really quit on this game and something told me to check out the cpu version...after reading up on it i figured i would give it a try. I'm going to pick up a wired xbox controller today. I think I have a Geforce 8600 video card...i hope that's sufficient. I want to connect my desktop to my 50" inch HDTV.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2012, 02:33 PM   #52
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesha2000
Man I had really quit on this game and something told me to check out the cpu version...after reading up on it i figured i would give it a try. I'm going to pick up a wired xbox controller today. I think I have a Geforce 8600 video card...i hope that's sufficient. I want to connect my desktop to my 50" inch HDTV.
http://www.yougamers.com/gameometer/10484/

That website will accurately tell you if you can run it, try that first. Definitely get a wired xbox controller, i got an xbox brand one from gamestop for like $20 or $30 and then run an HDMI cable from your pc to your tv.

I was gonna post a pic of my setup but i guess i dont have one saved, i did stumble across a couple screencaps though so i'll post those:

A clippers blue away jersey i made

This was the purple bucks jersey i made, i was testing out color and lighting

Bucks jersey again

Just always remember to backup your files before you add any sort of gameplay mod, global or any big change. With courts, shoes, and faces you are fine. There have been a couple times that i've had to start over from scratch because i didnt make backups. In fact, here's what i do and this is what i recommend:

In your 2k sports folder, have a few different setups. I have:

NBA 2K Mod Tool
NBA 2K Original Backup
NBA 2K Retro (This has HAWK23's retro files on it, i think some replace current ones)
NBA Live 2000 (a 99-2000 season mod)
NBA 2K12 (my current version that i always backup before i make major changes)

I then placed shortcuts on my desktop but made different icons for each, Live 2000 has the Tim Duncan cover and retro has a Jordan icon.

Old 05-04-2012, 11:49 AM   #53
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by insideoutside15
How are the draft classes and does the PC version have the awful record glitch? The record glitch alone turned me off from the PS3 version.
Someone made a draft class with the top 20 prospects or so with REAL cyberfaces, its amazing really. I'll post pics when I get home.

As for the team stats, I'm sure it's fixed by now but I'll have to check. But someone made a tool to fix any record/team stats problem
Old 05-04-2012, 12:48 PM   #54
Pro

Lagoa's Arena

OVR: 3

I´m a patch maker. =)

NBA 2K12 for PC is amazing because this possibilities.

Look my screens:

Old 05-04-2012, 12:58 PM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagoa
I´m a patch maker. =)

NBA 2K12 for PC is amazing because this possibilities.

Look my screens:

I would love too! But ummmm........
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2012, 01:07 PM   #56
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

Lagoa, brother, those are some of the cleanest looking pics that I've ever seen. What global/shadow mod are you using? I need that. Great work.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »