Home

Does anyone know how to edit gameplay files?

This is a discussion on Does anyone know how to edit gameplay files? within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-30-2012, 09:02 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Does anyone know how to edit gameplay files?

I've asked this on a couple other forums before without much avail so fingers crossed for this one. Is there anyway to edit gameplay files? What I want to edit is mostly the sensitivity of some gameplay mechanics:

- Injury severity and frequency in association (although apparently the slider works even for simulation mode, have to confirm)

- Player improvement/regression (it's apparently a function of height/weight ratios and playing time and I think happiness as well. I don't want to change the formula but just the sensitivity)

- CPU generated drafts (just the OVR and the potential ranges)

- The trade value system (reduce the sensitivity to whatever the variables are (OVR and potential I think?))

I've seen a mod changing how the players and the basketball moves in 2k11 so I'm positive this is possible. Apparently michaelvlutz49 is someone who does this but he's probably got a hundred million requests (I did PM him on another site but no reply).

I tried editing the player attributes before but it was still really predictable. I'm hoping to attain an element of randomness like real life, which unfortunately 2k might not ever do so as to not offend its fanbase.

Last edited by bfrombleacher; 04-30-2012 at 09:10 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2012, 03:48 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

aloncho11's Arena

OVR: 61
Re: Does anyone know how to edit gameplay files?

Michaelvlutz49 is the go to guy. He has some awesome gameplay mods...if you have any particular request, do it publicly in his blog; that's the way he works. Try and see what happens.
Old 04-30-2012, 08:19 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aloncho11
Michaelvlutz49 is the go to guy. He has some awesome gameplay mods...if you have any particular request, do it publicly in his blog; that's the way he works. Try and see what happens.
Oh, okay awesome thanks
Old 04-30-2012, 08:43 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

aloncho11's Arena

OVR: 61

No problem
Old 02-22-2015, 08:37 AM   #5
Just started!

I'm new here so i didn't know where to post this but i want to mod NBA 2k11 save of my player and tried using different programs like modio,cheat engine,hxd on my last computer but i got alot of virus detections that i doubt are false positives so if i could get some recommendation for some programs in which you can easily rehash and resign etc or even edit the save for me that would be great
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »