Home

Combining any two rosters (e.g. Albys & UBR)

This is a discussion on Combining any two rosters (e.g. Albys & UBR) within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2012, 10:40 AM   #1
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer

OVR: 13
Combining any two rosters (e.g. Albys & UBR)

I love Ultimate Base Roster for the sheer work HAWK23 is putting into it. It took him less than a day to give us a version that not only has all his 250+ teams, but also all the 2012 draftees in their proper teams, with CFs, ratings, etc.

However, he uses the 2K roster as a base for the current teams, which we all know could be much better. My preference in current rosters is of course Albys 5.1, which, however, hasn't been updated to include the trades and draftees yet.

And I thought, what if I could combine them to get the best of both worlds?

Well, you can now! I created Roster Merge, a new tool that in combination with REditor allows you to combine information from 2 rosters to get the best of both worlds. It can copy the Albys ratings from the current players to the current ones in the UBR roster, it can copy the UBR rookies and trades into the Albys roster and fix the rosters and situationals appropriately, etc.

More information / Download / Detailed Instructions: http://forums.nba-live.com/viewtopic.php?f=143&t=86754

Players only video tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_P7Bcm8vCGc
Team rosters & situationals along with missing players and trades video tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUnVstX4bO8

It's in early beta, so it may or may not work for you, but I've tested it myself and have just started an Association with the Albys roster, after having imported the team rosters, missing players and trades from UBR v20.

So now I have the Playbooks, Ratings, Animations and everything from Albys, along with the Career Stats for the Players (that are missing from UBR for a good reason), combined with the draftees and trades from UBR v20!

Last edited by Leftos; 07-01-2012 at 10:42 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2012, 12:15 PM   #2
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Combining any two rosters (e.g. Albys & UBR)

Nice man! Much appreciated.
Old 07-02-2012, 12:22 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftos
So now I have the Playbooks, Ratings, Animations and everything from Albys, along with the Career Stats for the Players (that are missing from UBR for a good reason), combined with the draftees and trades from UBR v20!
Thank you! Is there any way you could post the finished roster?
Old 07-02-2012, 04:10 PM   #4

Nope. Can't post or send something like this without the permission of both the original creators. The tutorial is easy enough though.
Old 07-07-2012, 04:57 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 7

Would you consider doing with xbox as well? Vlad did get reditor to work for the 360. With the help of hokupguy. Maybe you can talk with them regarding the 360 files.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2012, 02:03 PM   #6

X360 rosters are 348 columns wide as well in the Players tab, so the same procedure applies to them as well. Roster Merge is already compatible with any 2K12 save that is 348 columns wide in the Players tab (I've verified this with PC & X360 Rosters and PC Associations already).

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »