Home

NBA 2k13 Rosters

This is a discussion on NBA 2k13 Rosters within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2012, 10:23 AM   #113
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer

OVR: 13
Re: NBA 2k13 Rosters

Should be possible to edit in Draft Classes all the things we currently edit in Rosters, as long as someone does the research for the Players the way I showed in my research tutorial video. If I get the information I need, I should be able to implement the same parameters.

Think you could help me help you? Edit the first player's Signature Skills or one or two ratings, and I'll try to see if I can find everything else based on the offsets I have for rosters right now. I'll need a before and an after copy of the draft class file along with detailed information on the exact changes you did. As I said, don't do many changes. Just change a rating of the first player, or his Signature Skills (e.g. assign him the first 5 signature skills available).

I still won't be able to show you the players' names, you'll only be able to go by Player ID, but it shouldn't be hard to determine using the trainer and the Edit Player screen, hopefully.
Novato, CA, USA
Old 10-16-2012, 11:08 AM   #114
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftos
Should be possible to edit in Draft Classes all the things we currently edit in Rosters, as long as someone does the research for the Players the way I showed in my research tutorial video. If I get the information I need, I should be able to implement the same parameters.

Think you could help me help you? Edit the first player's Signature Skills or one or two ratings, and I'll try to see if I can find everything else based on the offsets I have for rosters right now. I'll need a before and an after copy of the draft class file along with detailed information on the exact changes you did. As I said, don't do many changes. Just change a rating of the first player, or his Signature Skills (e.g. assign him the first 5 signature skills available).

I still won't be able to show you the players' names, you'll only be able to go by Player ID, but it shouldn't be hard to determine using the trainer and the Edit Player screen, hopefully.
I'm pretty sure I can do that. I'm going to try to finish editing the rest of the players first and then I'll do it. I may be able to release the "rough draft" that is All-Mode friendly today.
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.
Old 10-16-2012, 11:42 AM   #115
Rookie

OVR: 0

I have been inputting these attributes and tendencies on my PS3, and I was wondering what the two AWR ratings do gameplay-wise, and how you determine them for the players. I thought that they were simply about how aware the player is of what's happening around him, but when i see that, for example Rondo's OFF AWR is a 65 I can't help but wonder if they regulate the players' activity level, or something like that?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2012, 12:13 PM   #116
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

Sounds good slimm. I will look over your guide this afternoon when my work projects slow down. I'll do my best, but I am sure I will have some questions.
Old 10-16-2012, 12:21 PM   #117
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludo95
I have been inputting these attributes and tendencies on my PS3, and I was wondering what the two AWR ratings do gameplay-wise, and how you determine them for the players. I thought that they were simply about how aware the player is of what's happening around him, but when i see that, for example Rondo's OFF AWR is a 65 I can't help but wonder if they regulate the players' activity level, or something like that?
For Offensive Awareness, I take the player's Offensive Rating and add the amount of Offensive Win Shares they had to it, then rate it based on a scale. For Defensive Awareness, I take the player's Defensive Rating and subtract Defensive Win Shares from it.

Rondo's stats from last season were:

Offensive Rating (101) + Offensive Win Shares (2) = 103
Defensive Rating (99) - Defensive Win Shares (3) = 96

The scales I use are these:

OFF--RTG--DEF
123--95----90
118--85----94
113--75----98
108--65----102
103--55----106
98----45---110
93----35---115
88----25---120

If I was just going off of last season's stats, he would have Offensive Awareness of 55 and Defensive Awareness of 85 (I round up when it falls in between two ratings). However, his ratings are based off of the past 3 years' stats in those categories so they are a little different than the example I just gave.

He had a career-high in turnovers and a career-low in FG%. I'm assuming those are the two main reasons why his Offensive Rating and Offensive Win Shares weren't higher. His career average Offensive Awareness Rating would be around 75, with a career-high of 85 in 2008-2009.

Last edited by slimm44; 10-16-2012 at 12:24 PM.
Old 10-16-2012, 12:45 PM   #118
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
For Offensive Awareness, I take the player's Offensive Rating and add the amount of Offensive Win Shares they had to it, then rate it based on a scale. For Defensive Awareness, I take the player's Defensive Rating and subtract Defensive Win Shares from it.

Rondo's stats from last season were:

Offensive Rating (101) + Offensive Win Shares (2) = 103
Defensive Rating (99) - Defensive Win Shares (3) = 96

The scales I use are these:

OFF--RTG--DEF
123--95----90
118--85----94
113--75----98
108--65----102
103--55----106
98----45---110
93----35---115
88----25---120

If I was just going off of last season's stats, he would have Offensive Awareness of 55 and Defensive Awareness of 85 (I round up when it falls in between two ratings). However, his ratings are based off of the past 3 years' stats in those categories so they are a little different than the example I just gave.

He had a career-high in turnovers and a career-low in FG%. I'm assuming those are the two main reasons why his Offensive Rating and Offensive Win Shares weren't higher. His career average Offensive Awareness Rating would be around 75, with a career-high of 85 in 2008-2009.
Oh, I didn't know you had a scale for that!

But does it affect other attributes i.e. Passing, Rebounding, Blocks and Steals? If two players have the same pass rating but different OFF AWR ratings, would that lead to different pass accuracy or does it affect pass selection?
Old 10-16-2012, 02:56 PM   #119
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
I've added all missing FA's (that haven't retired) and all 2nd round rookies from this season. I'm in the process of editing them now. I hope to have them down within the next few days. I'm going as fast as I can, my friend.
Please tell you added Allen Iverson since he is NOT retired and wants to play in the NBA
Old 10-16-2012, 06:17 PM   #120
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8KB24
Please tell you added Allen Iverson since he is NOT retired and wants to play in NBA
I think he's only on the disc on the 2001 sixers team. Haven't seen him anywhere else. I could make him but he wont be very good at all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »