Home

NBA 2k13 Rosters

This is a discussion on NBA 2k13 Rosters within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2012, 09:20 AM   #9
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: NBA 2k13 Rosters

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
Hey man, thanks for the kind words. I'd like the help. I haven't started editing a great deal yet, but I have a spreadsheet with all ratings and most tendencies from 2k12 that can be taken directly off of the sheet and inserted into a roster. It takes about 30-45 minutes per team to do. I have a roster file with the 76ers, Clippers, and Warriors completely done. The Lakers and Grizzlies are partially done. For some reason, I can't upload the spreadsheet to google docs. PM me your email address and I'll send it to you.
No problem at all, and thanks for the great work you are doing. Is the spreadsheet the .csv file listed in your third post of the thread? If not, I will PM you my email address.

I think I understand the .csv file you posted. I am at work now, but I am sure I can follow it once I look in game.

I also looked at Leftos roster tool last night, and it is awesome! Thanks Leftos for all you do as well! Amazing what you and guys like Vlad are creating! I would love to learn how to pull the hidden jersey's and what not. I think I understand how to find the hidden players now, just need to research as he said. I don't know anything about accessories, but can try. I need to read up more in the roster thread, but I don't understand yet how Hyper and other guys are finding these things. Are they using REDitor (sp?) from 2012?

Is the goal of the hidden players to just have them available just in case, or to assign them to the FA list. I know getting Barkley on the 85 Sixers and Sheed back on the Knicks are some main examples. Is that the goal?

I can definitely try to knock some teams off. Perhaps a team a night or so. I know that is probably slow, but with limited time and energy, it may be the best I can do.

Also thanks slimm on your tips for run plays. I saw that in the other thread yesterday, and it makes sense. I will try your settings out the next time I play.

Last edited by poster; 10-11-2012 at 10:02 AM.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:56 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by poster
No problem at all, and thanks for the great work you are doing. Is the spreadsheet the .csv file listed in your third post of the thread? If not, I will PM you my email address.

I think I understand the .csv file you posted. I am at work now, but I am sure I can follow it once I look in game.

I also looked at Leftos roster tool last night, and it is awesome! Thanks Leftos for all you do as well! Amazing what you and guys like Vlad are creating! I would love to learn how to pull the hidden jersey's and what not. I think I understand how to find the hidden players now, just need to research as he said. I don't know anything about accessories, but can try. I need to read up more in the roster thread, but I don't understand yet how Hyper and other guys are finding these things. Are they using REDitor (sp?) from 2012?

Is the goal of the hidden players to just have them available just in case, or to assign them to the FA list. I know getting Barkley on the 85 Sixers and Sheed back on the Knicks are some main examples. Is that the goal?

I can definitely try to knock some teams off. Perhaps a team a night or so. I know that is probably slow, but with limited time and energy, it may be the best I can do.

Also thanks slimm on your tips for run platys. I saw that in the other thread yesterday, and it makes sense. I will try your settings out the next time I play.
I'll email you a more simplified spreadsheet. I took out all the info you don't need and have it so you can see all ratings and necessary tendencies without scrolling left to right. I've tried to upload it to google docs, but I keep getting sent to a redirect screen that gets stuck.
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:08 AM   #11
MVP

I have uploaded the roster file and spreadsheet necessary to edit these rosters in the first post. Please use this thread to communicate what teams you are working on and at what times. With good communication, we can avoid duplicating any work and having multiple files at once.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2012, 11:27 AM   #12
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer

OVR: 13

slimm44, pleasemake note of any new skills and tendencies you'll need to take care of. There's a Crash tendency for example, and some of last year's "Abilities" are now ratings, so yeah.

Also, will you be doing Signature Skills?
Novato, CA, USA
Old 10-11-2012, 12:24 PM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftos
slimm44, pleasemake note of any new skills and tendencies you'll need to take care of. There's a Crash tendency for example, and some of last year's "Abilities" are now ratings, so yeah.

Also, will you be doing Signature Skills?
I will see who did them last year for my file and try to contact them. They are not my cup of tea. If anybody would like to step up, please do so. Is it possible to transfer them if they come from a 360 file using your editor?
Old 10-11-2012, 12:29 PM   #14
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer

OVR: 13

Haven't tested it yet, but as long as both your roster and that roster uses the same 2K roster as a base (because 2K rearranges players in the roster every update), it should be a simple case of copy-paste. Otherwise, you might need to do some Player ID matching, which shouldn't be too hard.
Novato, CA, USA
Old 10-11-2012, 01:55 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2

hi slimm. i used your roster for nba2k12 and it was awsome!!! i tested the edited teams and my conclusion is you can leave the crash boards slider and the run plays slider at default, works just fine. i guess it's becuase of the new tendencies, i saw players hesitate to shot 3's, mid jumpers, paul was orchestrating the highlight-show so in my opinion we don't have to put those sliders to zero. great work!!!!!

i will test your work as much as i can. next time i will post some stats (pics)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2012, 02:40 PM   #16
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

Thanks slimm for the information. I think you created the doc in Open Office. When opening it in Excel 2010, it warns me it has to fix some damaged parts of the file to open it. When looking at the file, all seems ok, except for the end of the doc:

GShsHCol1 GShsHCol2 GShsHCol3 GShsACol1 GShsACol2 GShsACol3

These categories were altered in some way I think. I am not in front of the game to see what these categories are, but I will let you know if there is trouble. If no one is working on the file tonight around 9 ish, I will try to knock out a team. I will keep an eye on the thread and work from there.

EDIT: Also, just so we are straight, add 10 points to the Defensive Awareness value on the spreadsheet when we edit?

Last edited by poster; 10-11-2012 at 03:05 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »