Home

NBA 2k13 Rosters

This is a discussion on NBA 2k13 Rosters within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-30-2012, 06:20 PM   #265
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: NBA 2k13 Rosters

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjhill23
The overall ratings with this roster really don't mean much. A lot of players who aren't amazing (IE Chris Anderson 80OVR) have those because the game weighs certain stats more importantly for different positions. slimm44 has used a lot of advanced statistics (Like percentage of blocked shots the reason for Anderson's high rating) In order to establish the ratings for certain attributes. This does not mean that you want to play this player more than another. I looked up Kravtsov and if there is one thing this guy has going for him is that he can definitely dunk and is really athletic, especially for a big ole white dude.

Back to the way OVR's are established. Say you have a point guard who has a really good passing rating and other attributes are just average then you have a guy who say is really good on defense, and above average at everything else. Because the game weighs passing more than say blocking for a point guard it is possible for a player who isn't very good to have a higher OVR. Also heavily factored into OVR's is the awareness stats. Drummond has a lower awareness stats than Kravstov because Kravstov has been playing professionally for a few years in europe so he's more developed than Drummond is. His potential is likely lower. The way these rosters are set up allows for more realism by having guys that are only good at one thing actually only being good at one thing.

Because the tendencies of each player along with the attributes have been edited every player plays the way he is supposed to. Relying on the OVR in these rosters is not advised. This helps in association where the NBA scout is actually useful now which is neat.

But it's important to realize these rosters are a projection of how these guys will be this year. If you don't think this guy will be able to compete in the NBA then lower the guy and take away the sig skill. The sigs are more than anything subjective at best. What you should be upset about is that it took slimm44 and the others a little under a month producing much more realistic rosters where 99 percent of guys play the way they should in their spare time. I imagine if they just paid a guy to actually research and edit the tendencies and stats it would only take like a week and he wouldn't have to put in all of this work.
I absolutely appreciate his work ! No doubt about that.Itīs jsut i havenīt seen Kravtsov playing.I saw some drummonds dunks, so i expected that Kravtsov isnīt a better dunker.I donīt know how to take off that sig skill also.Nevertheless, i am really thankful that this roster exists Iīve been waiting for it quite some time :P
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2012, 06:33 PM   #266
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
@Derbaba:
"Do I just have to copy the file to the directory or do I also have to load the roster somehow ingame so it is active?"

Pull up your Run program by clicking on the start menu and searching run. Click the run program and type in %appdata% you'll see 2k13 folder in there somewhere click on it, open up the saves folder and put the .ros file in there. then close it up and load it in the game.

@achieveduser:

I'm not sure about the cyberfaces because they don't really matter to me so someone else will answer that.

I created a 2013 draft class that follows slimm44's same formula for making his roster with correct tendencies and ratings. It's not perfect but it's much better than a default one the game provides. Some of the guys have very basic Cyberfaces already on them so they will at least mostly look like the guy. It's available on 2kshare titled 30realplayers it has around 900 and something downloads with a long description. It's in the top rated section. Most of the tendencies and some sig animations are put in to imitate their "nba comparison player". You can use that one if you want to go ahead and get started on a season.
Thanks dude! I really appreciate your answer. I'm going to check out your file as soon as I get home.

Also this is a random question but does anyone know what are the things that get reset when you start the association mode? I know team rotation is one thing for sure but does anything about coaching get reset afterwords?
Old 10-31-2012, 12:27 AM   #267
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
@Derbaba:
"Do I just have to copy the file to the directory or do I also have to load the roster somehow ingame so it is active?"

Pull up your Run program by clicking on the start menu and searching run. Click the run program and type in %appdata% you'll see 2k13 folder in there somewhere click on it, open up the saves folder and put the .ros file in there. then close it up and load it in the game.

Wow man, no wonder i was sitting in the dark. Going to hold onto this information. Thank you so much for explaining this to us. This tutorial should be on the front page.....i was just about to give up on these shared rosters.

Thanks again

Dame at first i thought the thunder made a bad trade, but now, they might have got stronger.

VC/2k sports fan

Last edited by shadio5; 10-31-2012 at 12:29 AM.
Old 10-31-2012, 03:33 AM   #268
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadio5
Wow man, no wonder i was sitting in the dark. Going to hold onto this information. Thank you so much for explaining this to us. This tutorial should be on the front page.....i was just about to give up on these shared rosters.

Thanks again

Dame at first i thought the thunder made a bad trade, but now, they might have got stronger.

VC/2k sports fan
Lol, no problem man, I know for a fact that it's in this thread somewhere but searching through 200 something pages isn't exactly fun.

@ohvitser: I had never even heard of him until you mentioned him lol I just youtubed him. Very unknown guy but they might have found a diamond in the rough in the style of a Tiago Splitter except instead of good intangibles he's athletic just the age and foreign player being the similarities. The coach settings should have changed when you downloaded the roster. When you start an association these don't change.

Edit: You click on the guy in the roster and click edit player and scroll to the side and it should let you decide what sig skills can be on a player.
Old 10-31-2012, 06:27 AM   #269
Rookie

OVR: 4

What Sliders should i use with this perfect roster :P?
Old 10-31-2012, 07:33 AM   #270
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadio5

Thanks again

VC/2k sports fan
Interestingly enough, these are the instructions that have been in the first post since the very first roster was released a few weeks ago:

Quote:
Install the .ROS file in: C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\2K Sports\NBA 2K13
Note: You must set Windows to display Hidden Folders

Install the Cyberfaces in: C:\Program Files (x86)\2K Sports\NBA 2K13
Notes: You must Un-Zip the file before placing them in this folder. Also, click Yes when asked to overwrite files.
That being said, I'm glad you got it to work.
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:29 AM   #271
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
Interestingly enough, these are the instructions that have been in the first post since the very first roster was released a few weeks ago:

That being said, I'm glad you got it to work.
"Install the .ROS file in: C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\2K Sports\NBA 2K13
Note: You must set Windows to display Hidden Folders"

At the part where "appdata" is shown, thats where i get lost...not sure why, but that app is not shown at all in my files. Maybe im doing something wrong...matter of fact, i know im doing something wrong lol..this PC experience im learning something new every single day.

VC/2k sports fan
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2012, 09:38 AM   #272
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer

OVR: 13

The AppData folder is hidden by default. Just press Start, type %APPDATA% and press Enter, and you get straight to the AppData\Roaming folder inside your user profile.
Novato, CA, USA

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »