Home

Old 11-02-2012, 10:57 AM   #313
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: NBA 2k13 Rosters

With Slimm sliders and pro difficulty,i beat oklahoma by 8 pints in my detroit association.I paly on 10 minutes quarters,but Westbrook had only 5 shooting attempts,which seem to be low.Durant had 13 and Martin 15.Maby i should change some slider a bit?Im pretty sure Westbrook should be taking a lot more shots and attacking the basket a bit more.
Old 11-02-2012, 01:08 PM   #314
Rookie

OVR: 2

Hi guys,

I've been testing this roster with mkharsh's set #2. (The latest updated slider with Take Inside shots and Close shots at 25) I normally choose Raptors as human because I'm most familiar with the players on this team.
I play games against 76ers and Bulls normally for the test purpose each time new slider set is released. I have some expectation for both teams so I try to observe AI's Center and PG behaviour.

Observation 1:
When I play against 76ers. I saw Bynum scoring 26 points from 12/22 FG. I loved it. But please note I had to increase Bynum's stamina to 85 in slimm's roster to make him play for 34 minutes. (11 min quarters for mkharsh slider)

I won the game 85:76... The raptors shot 50% from the field I think that's what got me the win. I play with playvision lite and try to execute plays, less fancy ISO stuff as possible.

Offensive rebounds was bad for me.
CPU grabbed more offensive rebounds in this new slider set but I admit they looked legit in my opinion. Also in this game, Bynum had some nice putbacks and couple of slams so that's OK for me. Total rebound number was very close. 40 for me and 38 for CPU. I did much better than CPU in defensive rebound.

Observation 2:
I played against Bulls. This is little bit tricky. I think I saw Derek Rose driving to the basket just couple of times in the game.

What I'm about to say is just my theory. I think whatever slimm did with his roster greatly improves aggressive CPU attacking behaviour already... It could be the coaching sliders and/or individual player tendencies... it could be anything. Anyway, it does such a wonderful job in calming CPU down, I only see CPU's fast break points being just around 6ish when I play with mkharsh's slider set. This, to me, is a conflict.

So with everything toned down, especially attack the basket set to 0 in mkharsh's set, it's very rare to experience CPU drive ins. When I tried increasing attack the basket to 2 from testing couple of days ago, I saw very good results from D Rose. So I tried a game against 76ers right away and noticed this change made Bynum soft again.

Today I'm going to try a game against Bulls and 76ers again. With attack the basket set to 1. I might make some adjustments to the user shooting abilities to make game bit more challenging but that's independent of how CPU centers and PG will perform.

Also bring down CPU's fatigue rate in mkharsh's slider set from 60. With this roster, I noticed CPU players getting tired bit too fast hence less minutes played for some key guys.

I will give you an update later today.

Last edited by achieveduser; 11-02-2012 at 01:29 PM.
Old 11-02-2012, 01:40 PM   #315
Rookie

OVR: 4

Nice reading and hope to see that nex testing result soon.Im having the same problem ,that palyers donīt drive enough,PG.s or they do a lot and then C and PF.s wonīt get enough touches.I havenīt palyed with mkarsh sldiers,but with slimm sliders on the first page,Westbrook took only 5 shots compared to 13 of Durant and 15 of Martin.I donīt liek that at all, but maby i should play with 12 minutes quarters,except of 10 ,to get better results.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2012, 02:03 PM   #316
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by achieveduser
Also bring down CPU's fatigue rate in mkharsh's slider set from 60. With this roster, I noticed CPU players getting tired bit too fast hence less minutes played for some key guys.
What are you talking about? The fatigue rate for the CPU is 60 in mkharsh's second slider set. I think its fine.
Old 11-02-2012, 03:06 PM   #317
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by achieveduser
Hi guys,

I've been testing this roster with mkharsh's set #2. (The latest updated slider with Take Inside shots and Close shots at 25) I normally choose Raptors as human because I'm most familiar with the players on this team.
I play games against 76ers and Bulls normally for the test purpose each time new slider set is released. I have some expectation for both teams so I try to observe AI's Center and PG behaviour.

Observation 1:
When I play against 76ers. I saw Bynum scoring 26 points from 12/22 FG. I loved it. But please note I had to increase Bynum's stamina to 85 in slimm's roster to make him play for 34 minutes. (11 min quarters for mkharsh slider)

I won the game 85:76... The raptors shot 50% from the field I think that's what got me the win. I play with playvision lite and try to execute plays, less fancy ISO stuff as possible.

Offensive rebounds was bad for me.
CPU grabbed more offensive rebounds in this new slider set but I admit they looked legit in my opinion. Also in this game, Bynum had some nice putbacks and couple of slams so that's OK for me. Total rebound number was very close. 40 for me and 38 for CPU. I did much better than CPU in defensive rebound.

Observation 2:
I played against Bulls. This is little bit tricky. I think I saw Derek Rose driving to the basket just couple of times in the game.

What I'm about to say is just my theory. I think whatever slimm did with his roster greatly improves aggressive CPU attacking behaviour already... It could be the coaching sliders and/or individual player tendencies... it could be anything. Anyway, it does such a wonderful job in calming CPU down, I only see CPU's fast break points being just around 6ish when I play with mkharsh's slider set. This, to me, is a conflict.

So with everything toned down, especially attack the basket set to 0 in mkharsh's set, it's very rare to experience CPU drive ins. When I tried increasing attack the basket to 2 from testing couple of days ago, I saw very good results from D Rose. So I tried a game against 76ers right away and noticed this change made Bynum soft again.

Today I'm going to try a game against Bulls and 76ers again. With attack the basket set to 1. I might make some adjustments to the user shooting abilities to make game bit more challenging but that's independent of how CPU centers and PG will perform.

I will give you an update later today.
I totally agree... The problem is that they are both very good at their job and when put together its just to much... Fast brake points are a problem, I also see that CPU only has about 6 FB points... And also user offensive rebounds are quite low ussually araund 4-5 off rebs per game... I have came to the conclusion that you can't use both... Either use the slimm44 roster with other sliders or Makharsh33 sliders with the default roster... That is a big shame... I think that coach profiles need to be default for this combination to work... Gonna try it and report...

Last edited by Onix24; 11-02-2012 at 03:08 PM.
Old 11-02-2012, 03:17 PM   #318
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohvitser12
Nice reading and hope to see that nex testing result soon.Im having the same problem ,that palyers donīt drive enough,PG.s or they do a lot and then C and PF.s wonīt get enough touches.I havenīt palyed with mkarsh sldiers,but with slimm sliders on the first page,Westbrook took only 5 shots compared to 13 of Durant and 15 of Martin.I donīt liek that at all, but maby i should play with 12 minutes quarters,except of 10 ,to get better results.
I was having this problem as well. I fixed it by increasing the CPU's success inside by a few points. I also moved their passing up to like 48 as it seemed like they would go on these stints where they would just throw the ball away randomly, even though it wasn't a very difficult pass. The points inside are a bit on the high side, but I'm willing to give that stat up if it means the computer is being more competitive with me. Another thing you may be having that is giving you a competitive advantage is that some role players are a little overpowered.

This isn't for simulation but when it's actually me playing? Well I'm a little better than the computer would be when playing with these garbage players. (There is a reason our OVR 65 rookies can bust out of the gate scoring like 20 points a game). So what I do is take a bench guy like Daniel Gibson on my Cavs team and lower his inside to like 50 because in all honesty he had a lower FG% than 3pt% last season. I also lowered guys like Pargo and Sloans passing rating because they simply aren't that good at it. Lowering certain stats for players with really easy animations is a good way to make it more difficult. Just emphasizing the weaknesses of some of these players because when it's actually myself and is probably true for yourself their isn't much of a dropoff when you are playing with your bench.
Old 11-02-2012, 03:21 PM   #319
MVP

OVR: 19

There's no need to choose the roster or the sliders. If you are not having the desired results in game, either raise the Off Reb sliders or lower the Def Reb sliders. You can also raise the Fast Break tendency in coaching sliders if you want. I don't like them any higher than 0, but that's the experience I like the most so far.
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.
Old 11-02-2012, 03:54 PM   #320
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
There's no need to choose the roster or the sliders. If you are not having the desired results in game, either raise the Off Reb sliders or lower the Def Reb sliders. You can also raise the Fast Break tendency in coaching sliders if you want. I don't like them any higher than 0, but that's the experience I like the most so far.
Ok . Gonna try it, thanks for the answer... This truly is the best roster in a long time for nba 2kgames... Thanks again!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »