Home

Old 11-02-2012, 04:29 PM   #321
Rookie

Mickeyknoxx's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: NBA 2k13 Rosters

Hi all. I'm like many here stats freak.. and seeing a simulated season they dont give the numbers we should be seeing in many categories... Fouls really low, blocks and steals low and rebounds a little higher.

So i'm trying to do a roster that fix this... So i'm raising tendencies like commit foul, take charge and go for steal to see if i fix. i simulate a season and see the results.. but never getting where i want.

i need some more understanding of some tendencies...The commit foul for example... this tendencies is only for shooting fouls or reach in fouls either ? Because if they are we should see a raise in the total amount of fouls not only in free throws. I raise take charge... so more blocking fouls and charges are called.

Again, need to understand better the commit foul, because raising it and lowering a bit the drawl foul could lead to more non shooting fouls called.

So i'm trying to see wich tendencies work together to get more real stats in a simulated season...

I'm using slimm roster.. in his roster the inside scoring are a little high, so i'm thinking in lowering this to see less and 1 and maybe more blocks ? are this 2 related, less inside scoring ratings leads to more blocks ?

And dont get scared in messing with the ratings like inside soring or rebounds and others that afects the gameplay USER vs CPU.. those u can easily fix though sliders.

I think u get my point... gonna try more thing and see the results..If somebody could help.....

Thanks a lot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2012, 05:42 PM   #322
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeyknoxx
Hi all. I'm like many here stats freak.. and seeing a simulated season they dont give the numbers we should be seeing in many categories... Fouls really low, blocks and steals low and rebounds a little higher.

So i'm trying to do a roster that fix this... So i'm raising tendencies like commit foul, take charge and go for steal to see if i fix. i simulate a season and see the results.. but never getting where i want.

i need some more understanding of some tendencies...The commit foul for example... this tendencies is only for shooting fouls or reach in fouls either ? Because if they are we should see a raise in the total amount of fouls not only in free throws. I raise take charge... so more blocking fouls and charges are called.

Again, need to understand better the commit foul, because raising it and lowering a bit the drawl foul could lead to more non shooting fouls called.

So i'm trying to see wich tendencies work together to get more real stats in a simulated season...

I'm using slimm roster.. in his roster the inside scoring are a little high, so i'm thinking in lowering this to see less and 1 and maybe more blocks ? are this 2 related, less inside scoring ratings leads to more blocks ?

And dont get scared in messing with the ratings like inside soring or rebounds and others that afects the gameplay USER vs CPU.. those u can easily fix though sliders.

I think u get my point... gonna try more thing and see the results..If somebody could help.....

Thanks a lot.
Feel free to use my roster as a base for your own edits. Feel free to use the editing guides I posted in the first post to help you understand how the Ratings/Tendencies work in the sim-engine. I don't even mind if you release it. If you're going to do so, please start your own thread. That's the one thing I ask.
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.
Old 11-02-2012, 05:55 PM   #323
Rookie

OVR: 2

Before I continue the discussion of my new test results, I hope I'm not offending slimm44 by talking about someone else's slider in his great thread. All I'm trying to do is tweak few things so it brings desired results for some of us on the same boat. I personally am really enjoying this roster over the default one so I'm willing to put in time to make the perfect roster + slider match for me. Also I want to say thanks to slimm and mkharsh for their great effort because I can only imagine amount of work and test time they must have put into it to give us these amazing base roster and base slider set.

OK. So I increased CPU attack the basket to 1 and played against 76ers and Bulls today. I decreased human mid range shot by 1... hoping it will give me more challenge. Fatigue rate from 60 to 58 for the CPU. I just want to see more of CPU starters.

Observation 1: My raptors won against 76ers. 72:69 was the final score. Bynum was the highest scorer still at 16 points with 8/20 FG. It was just a low scoring game for both team but I'm still very happy. Neither team was successful in 3 point attempts hence the low scoring game. Also 76ers only attempted only 8 from the 3 point line with the new change. This concerns me but more to follow at the bottom about this. As for fast break points, 76ers had 8 points while I comitted 9 turn overs. I think CPU can do little better in this department.

Observation2: A game against Bulls was my victory again. 90:83 was the result. Even though Bulls FG% was higher than me, I was 95% from the foul line. The raptors were very good at getting bulls to commit shooting foul so that help me grabbing the win.

Happy to tell you guys that with the new change, D Rose attempted the most FG at 16. He just didn't have a good game, only making 6 shots. Next high attempt was Noah at 15, and Boozer at 13. Deng tried 11 shots. Both Noah and Boozer grabbed nice number of offensive rebounds so I'm happy that they were trying to score right away underneath the basket.

The fast break points was 7 for bulls but they didn't really have a chance because I only comitted 4 turnovers.

One thing that starting to concern me a little is Bulls going for only 10 3-pointers. 76ers was 8 attempts. I read from mkharsh's thread that tendencies are very touchy in 2k13. If you change one tendency slider then it will have drastic impact on another. I always keep this in mind when I alter things but this is what I got from just changing attack the basket to 1 from 0. I hope I'm not messing up 3-pointer attempts by CPU. Maybe I will play more games to see.

P.S. Slimm I just saw your post above. Maybe I will start my own thread too... Sorry dude.

Last edited by achieveduser; 11-02-2012 at 05:58 PM.
Old 11-02-2012, 06:16 PM   #324
Rookie

Mickeyknoxx's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
Feel free to use my roster as a base for your own edits. Feel free to use the editing guides I posted in the first post to help you understand how the Ratings/Tendencies work in the sim-engine. I don't even mind if you release it. If you're going to do so, please start your own thread. That's the one thing I ask.
I'm sorry. I just think if we combine our knowledge we could do a better work. sice YOUR thread is already open, more people could read and help..
Old 11-02-2012, 06:47 PM   #325
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeyknoxx
I'm sorry. I just think if we combine our knowledge we could do a better work. sice YOUR thread is already open, more people could read and help..
Fair enough. What knowledge do you have that will contribute to the roster?

Before you answer that question, please refer to the editing guide I posted in the first post of this thread.

Last edited by slimm44; 11-02-2012 at 06:52 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2012, 07:27 PM   #326
Rookie

Mickeyknoxx's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
Fair enough. What knowledge do you have that will contribute to the roster?

Before you answer that question, please refer to the editing guide I posted in the first post of this thread.
Never mind.. Too much work.. if u could see the player's name in the roster editor would help a lot...Thanks.
Old 11-02-2012, 09:23 PM   #327
Rookie

Mickeyknoxx's Arena

LOL LOL Sorry... Sometimes i get nervous.. i find the players id with his names.. a little easier to work now.. i'm getting data from the Hoops data and i'm going to do some metrics of my own, test it and see it how it goes... some results tomorrow or sunday..

Thanks
Old 11-02-2012, 09:43 PM   #328
MVP

Just to let you guys know, I'm getting ready to start working on the following players:

Pablo Prigioni
Nando De Colo
James White
Walker Russell
Alan Anderson
Kent Bazemore
Scott Machado
Chris Copeland
Terrence Kinsey
Marko Jaric
Brian Roberts
Luke Zeller
PJ Tucker
Ronald Murray
Will Conroy
Wesley Witherspoon
James Singleton
Diante Garrett
Ben Hansbrough
Lance Thomas
Devin Searcy
John Shurna
Brian Butch
Dequan Jones
Kevin Jones
Chris Johnson

I'm also about 20% done with the 2013 Draft Class with Cyberfaces.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »