Home

NBA 2k13 Rosters

This is a discussion on NBA 2k13 Rosters within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-03-2012, 12:27 AM   #329
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: NBA 2k13 Rosters

Quote:
Originally Posted by achieveduser
OK. So I increased CPU attack the basket to 1 and played against 76ers and Bulls today. I decreased human mid range shot by 1... hoping it will give me more challenge. Fatigue rate from 60 to 58 for the CPU. I just want to see more of CPU starters.
Human mid range shot..? Tendency or offense? I'm guessing its tendency but why would you lower it by 1?
Old 11-03-2012, 07:17 AM   #330
Rookie

OVR: 0

Slimm44 great news, that is the only thing that is missing in this roster... I don't really care to much about sock collors and accesories... achieveduser do you have any problems with off rebounds? With makharsh33 sliders I think that there are just to few, it should be around 11-12 per game and I am only getting 4-5, gonna try to play around a bit with the sliders to try and fix this...
Old 11-03-2012, 08:09 AM   #331
Rookie

Slimm44 i read here on OS that 2k online updates changed the way the game plays and maybe that is why its so hard to get off rebounds... That is the only problem I have for the moment as I saw that fast break points are not such a problem, because its ussualy aroung 12-14 so that is good...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2012, 08:32 AM   #332
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onix24
Slimm44 i read here on OS that 2k online updates changed the way the game plays and maybe that is why its so hard to get off rebounds... That is the only problem I have for the moment as I saw that fast break points are not such a problem, because its ussualy aroung 12-14 so that is good...
The updates won't effect my roster. I've used the Default roster from the beginning. I haven't even downloaded any updates.
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.
Old 11-03-2012, 08:38 AM   #333
Rookie

Yea I know, but it isn't about the roster... I think that it does something to the game not the roster...

"2K did mention that they were able to tune the gameplay remotely through non-patch updates this year. That's actually a good thing in theory, even though it messes with your carefully crafted sliders. There's a chance it might actually be improving the stock gameplay, however, which might cause your sliders to over compensate.

Anyway, I've been having great games with your sliders. Even had a loss that I didn't mind so much (because the screwup was on me after an incredible comeback)."

That is something that someone wrote on makharsh33 sliders topic...

Last edited by Onix24; 11-03-2012 at 08:42 AM.
Old 11-03-2012, 09:52 AM   #334
Rookie

OVR: 7

Im using your newest roster set and they play really well, the big man problem I was having is gone, but now there are not very many 3s at all (though this was about perfect in the AddPlayers roster file), trying to fix that but otherwise they play really well
Old 11-03-2012, 09:54 AM   #335
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by free24ride1
Human mid range shot..? Tendency or offense? I'm guessing its tendency but why would you lower it by 1?
It's the offence for user. I always shoot close to 50% against CPU from mid range. Too successful in my opinion. Anyway, I tried lowering it by 1 but still made too many shots. I'm going to lower it by another 1.

Last edited by achieveduser; 11-03-2012 at 10:00 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2012, 10:19 AM   #336
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by achieveduser
Before I continue the discussion of my new test results, I hope I'm not offending slimm44 by talking about someone else's slider in his great thread. All I'm trying to do is tweak few things so it brings desired results for some of us on the same boat. I personally am really enjoying this roster over the default one so I'm willing to put in time to make the perfect roster + slider match for me. Also I want to say thanks to slimm and mkharsh for their great effort because I can only imagine amount of work and test time they must have put into it to give us these amazing base roster and base slider set.

OK. So I increased CPU attack the basket to 1 and played against 76ers and Bulls today. I decreased human mid range shot by 1... hoping it will give me more challenge. Fatigue rate from 60 to 58 for the CPU. I just want to see more of CPU starters.

Observation 1: My raptors won against 76ers. 72:69 was the final score. Bynum was the highest scorer still at 16 points with 8/20 FG. It was just a low scoring game for both team but I'm still very happy. Neither team was successful in 3 point attempts hence the low scoring game. Also 76ers only attempted only 8 from the 3 point line with the new change. This concerns me but more to follow at the bottom about this. As for fast break points, 76ers had 8 points while I comitted 9 turn overs. I think CPU can do little better in this department.

Observation2: A game against Bulls was my victory again. 90:83 was the result. Even though Bulls FG% was higher than me, I was 95% from the foul line. The raptors were very good at getting bulls to commit shooting foul so that help me grabbing the win.

Happy to tell you guys that with the new change, D Rose attempted the most FG at 16. He just didn't have a good game, only making 6 shots. Next high attempt was Noah at 15, and Boozer at 13. Deng tried 11 shots. Both Noah and Boozer grabbed nice number of offensive rebounds so I'm happy that they were trying to score right away underneath the basket.

The fast break points was 7 for bulls but they didn't really have a chance because I only comitted 4 turnovers.

One thing that starting to concern me a little is Bulls going for only 10 3-pointers. 76ers was 8 attempts. I read from mkharsh's thread that tendencies are very touchy in 2k13. If you change one tendency slider then it will have drastic impact on another. I always keep this in mind when I alter things but this is what I got from just changing attack the basket to 1 from 0. I hope I'm not messing up 3-pointer attempts by CPU. Maybe I will play more games to see.

P.S. Slimm I just saw your post above. Maybe I will start my own thread too... Sorry dude.
I think you shoudl use the same adjustments you made and play second game in a row against Bulls again ,too see,what changes.I hope the game wouldn´t be that similar to see some random changes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »