Home

NBA 2k13 PC Requirements?

This is a discussion on NBA 2k13 PC Requirements? within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2012, 02:05 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: NBA 2k13 PC Requirements?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOLLIDAY1183
Made a run to Best Buy, spoke at length with a very helpful kid, self-described "PC Guru" of the store. Told him my specs and what kinds of performance I'd like. He immediately pointed me to the 550 Ti, along with a 600W PSU and i3, which he said is his current setup. They actually have the 560 Ti on sale for less than $10 more than the 550, so I'm gonna go with that.

Everything is going to come to $325-350ish. Very excited, less expensive than i thought, and I can't wait to see what these guys do with 2K13.

Again, thanks guys!
Just purchased a MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II myself and i to will also have to get a 600W PSU. Afraid i will also have to get a i3 as well......lol man this is the first year that i did not get the game early, but im so happy that im now moving twards the PC experience.....im still learning as we go and yes everyone HERE has been so helpfull..thanks to all here, you guys made this transfer over to the PC alot easier than expected....thank you everyone

good luck holiday...were almost home

VC/2k sports fan
Old 10-02-2012, 04:33 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 3

Just got the PC retail version and the system requirements on the back of the box are identical to last year from what i can tell.
Old 10-02-2012, 07:26 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 1

My spec Celleron g530 2,4dual core sandy bridge
radeon 5670 512ram
4gb ram
XP SP3
1360x768
Last year 60fps ,no aa vsync on everything high only crowd low ,game booster +real time priority for nba 2k12,game looked beutifull

This year same seetings 35 fps
Lowest Settings on this resolution 51fps feels and plays laggy
game on high looks worse than last year ,not sharp ,
Old 10-02-2012, 08:23 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadio5
Just purchased a MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II myself and i to will also have to get a 600W PSU. Afraid i will also have to get a i3 as well......lol man this is the first year that i did not get the game early, but im so happy that im now moving twards the PC experience.....im still learning as we go and yes everyone HERE has been so helpfull..thanks to all here, you guys made this transfer over to the PC alot easier than expected....thank you everyone

good luck holiday...were almost home

VC/2k sports fan
Congrats man. I'm still waiting on my 2K13 for PC. The GameStop I preordered at didn't get any in yet. So I got the PS3 version right now and am loving the game. The new control stick is so sweet and the game just runs so smooth....which excites me even more for what the modders can do with this!

Still playing 2K12 for PC too. It looks amazing and runs unbelievably smooth. This Ultimate Base Roster will be the reason I keep playing until one is released for 2K13. Had some epic games last night, one using the '95 Magic with Shaq and Penny against the '99 Knicks w/Sprewell and Houston. Another as the '03 Magic w/T-Mac and Hill vs the '98 Bulls where MJ was just unstoppable, going blow for blow with Mac. I spend so much time scrolling thru teams cuz I can't decide where to start, who to try next. Rookie Kobe? Fro Kobe? They've even adjusted the look and sig animations for the diff eras. It's crazy.

When I was in GameStop they were so dismissive of the PC version. The rep was like "Well no one gets PC games anymore, so we don't get them right away. Why'd you want that version, the 360 one is the best?" Apparently I was the only person to preorder this version at their store.

Little do they know, wow.

WAITING FOR:
Fallout 4

Wife: "Of course he's going out to get his 2K game at 12am, like he can't wait til tomorrow."
Wife's mom: "Be grateful that's what he's running out at midnight for."
Old 10-03-2012, 06:00 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 0

Hey wassup fellas I have a question for ya'll.A friend of mine can't run NBA 2k13 on Windows Xp.My question is on what OS do you play the game.If someone is playing the game on XP please reply.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2012, 06:14 AM   #22
Rookie

I play on XP, it works.

Unfortunately its not smooth Actually its quite bad. Screen is stuttering, no fps drop, froze etc just stuttering. Very very annoying. I did benchmark using FRAPS and its min 55FPS with average of 60 so what the hell is wrong with that ? Anyone ? I did latest drivers, still same.
Old 10-03-2012, 06:21 AM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisv401
I play on XP, it works.

Unfortunately its not smooth Actually its quite bad. Screen is stuttering, no fps drop, froze etc just stuttering. Very very annoying. I did benchmark using FRAPS and its min 55FPS with average of 60 so what the hell is wrong with that ? Anyone ? I did latest drivers, still same.
You have to run a benchmark from the game.I think this will fix it.Btw thanks for the reply ;]
Old 10-06-2012, 10:39 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 1

What would be a good laptop to buy for gaming (pretty much only NBA 2K) and watching videos/Netflix? I have a Macbook for my work, but I was looking for a spare PC with at least a 15 inch screen for these things. I would probably use it kind of as a spare TV as well since I only have an old tube TV in my bedroom.

Anyway, I know this isn't EXACTLY on topic, but it kind of is. I don't want to really build my own computer, I just want one that is good enough.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »