Home

whats the benefits of playing nba 2k on pc vs console?

This is a discussion on whats the benefits of playing nba 2k on pc vs console? within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2012, 04:54 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: whats the benefits of playing nba 2k on pc vs console?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharks80
Sure we have roster updates! even shoes lol and you have a lot of rosters from players on 2k shares and also on modding website ! about graphics i don't know, i have a 360 but i mainly play on PC so i have a " good " computer but i don't think you need an amazing computer to play 2k13 ( Ronnie2k said same requirment than 2k12 ) go on " www.systemrequirementslab.com " select nba 2k13 or 2k12 and it will tell you if you can run the game in normal or maximum!

On the 2k12 box it says :

I'm sure at 99.9% it's the same for 2k13

thanks for the response.

Also you say that we can download roster updates, for the PC, where do we go or how do we get the roster updates? Does the PC have a 2k share area we can go to....Also can i ask, what site do you use to download other peoples 2k files? Man im excited about this

thanks again

VC/2k sports fan
Old 09-26-2012, 05:00 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadio5
thanks for the response.

Also you say that we can download roster updates, for the PC, where do we go or how do we get the roster updates? Does the PC have a 2k share area we can go to....Also can i ask, what site do you use to download other peoples 2k files? Man im excited about this

thanks again

VC/2k sports fan
Like i said yes we have 2k share like consols so you can download official rosters / player's rosters and you can also download more on websits , i don't know if i can link to other websites but use google and type something like nba 2k12/13 rosters or nba 2k12/13 mods and you'll find what you want !

Last edited by sharks80; 09-26-2012 at 05:04 AM.
Old 09-26-2012, 05:46 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 0

moddingway and nlsc... All you need.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2012, 11:55 AM   #12
Rookie

ADVATAGES: Far superior graphics if you have a graphics car, mods
DISADVATAGES: Less 2k support (patches, DLC Essentailly no online play due to horrendous servers)
Old 09-26-2012, 01:06 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 3

The main advantage of the PC version is the mods. I owned 2K12 first on 360, and got it later on PC and I immediately traded the 360 version in. The mods really make this game amazing...the player faces alone are worth the price of admission (which is 1/2 the price of the console version!).

There are 2 main disadvantages to the PC version. The online support is severely lacking. Roster updates and NBA Today still work fine, but everything else is a mess. The second would be the lack of support with patches. I got 2K12 on PC after the late patch came out, but I heard PC got the patch months after console.

The only real thing the PC version is lacking is self-shadowing on player models. Self shadowing on consoles looks awesome, but on PC you get higher resolution and anti-aliasing options. 2K12 looked much better on PC compared to consoles, even without the self shadowing.

Realistically for $29.99 (Amazon has the digital version for $26), you can't go wrong. Provided your PC can run it (the required specs should be the same as 2K12, which are very modest), you will have a blast with the PC version with all of the mods that are available. For the price its a no-brainer if you are an offline player.
Old 09-26-2012, 01:25 PM   #14
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by harithak47
ADVATAGES: Far superior graphics if you have a graphics car, mods
DISADVATAGES: Less 2k support (patches, DLC Essentailly no online play due to horrendous servers)

lol your disadvantages are my blessings. Love the fact that there are no automatic updates. What DLC did 2k12 miss out on?

VC/2k sports fan
Old 09-26-2012, 03:44 PM   #15
Rookie

PC Noob Thread 2k13

Hi guys,

i just bought myself a new Rig...and i wanted to as whether nba 2k on PC in generally better or worse than then the console version...are there as much custom Roster/Sliders...or even more substantial mods?

Another big Question for me is if i can get 2k13 via Steam or any other digital avenue? Does anybody know?

i hope the PC NBA2k crew is as awesome as the 360 was...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2012, 10:04 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadio5
Right now i am building my computer, but threw asking around and getting info i now see that the PC is the best because you know whats going into your system. On the PC you have the ability to go into your computer and see the specs of the 2k file.....you can see whats going into your game and you can locate it...on concoles games were clueless

The mods not only can improve your models, but you can mod codings to the gameplay if needed. There are endless opportunities to the PC version of ANY game imo

VC/2k sports fan
I'm in the same boat you're in shadio. In two days I'm headed over to Best Buy to pick up the necessary graphics card, processor and power supply upgrade to run 2K12/13 at or near max settings, and I'm super excited. All this because I stumbled upon that modding thread and it blew my mind a few days ago. I already have the wireless 360 pad receiver for PC on the way, picked up 2K12 for $9.99, and extra HDMI cable the video card will require.

I was very surprised at how easy it was to install the mods. It seems to be a matter of dl'ing then simply pasting modded files into the appropriate folder (after making backups of course). With my current horrible integrated gfx card full games are barely playable on anything but the lowest settings, but just to check it out, I installed that Ultimate Base Roster and it's just insane. INSANE. I have spent hrs just freestyle practicing with all the diff teams (also because it's the only mode with decent FPS on Med/High, with just one player onscreen smh).

Like you though, I never play online at all, so the one deficiency is a nonfactor to me. And being that my 6th "red ring of death" 360 is still in the shop, I am seriously considering cancelling that preorder and just getting the PC version. Even if not, it's definitely the last year I even consider 2K for a console.

When I saw that guys were modding the actual gameplay and control responsiveness, that was the closer for me, BB card was on deck lol

WAITING FOR:
Fallout 4

Wife: "Of course he's going out to get his 2K game at 12am, like he can't wait til tomorrow."
Wife's mom: "Be grateful that's what he's running out at midnight for."

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »