Home

Amazon now says DD of the game on the 16th

This is a discussion on Amazon now says DD of the game on the 16th within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2012, 01:32 PM   #57
Rookie

bostonchipster's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Amazon now says DD of the game on the 16th

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakkMajik3000
Called everywhere I could think of yesterday, trying to find a disc version for PC. No luck. Didn't really want to wait another two days (Prime shipping) to get it from Amazon. I also just do not like the idea of having to keep the disc in the tray.

So, I did the only thing I had the option left to do (no, I didn't pirate it). Picked up a XBox360 copy. Can't wait two more weeks for the DD. So, you win 2K. I got thirsty for the game and settled for the (more expensive) console version, and to top it off, I'm 101% sure I will in fact buy the DD in the near future(probably during the next Steam sale).
Did the exact same thing...traded in some games, and preordered yesterday, picked up at midnight. Totally worth it, and I'll pick up the pc version when mods start coming out
Go Mets
Go Michigan
Go Arizona

Find me on Twitter @buffalochipster
and on Facebook.com/buffalo92
Old 10-02-2012, 01:43 PM   #58
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toaster
@Mbalmer - If you have had access to the console versions as well I would love to know if it plays the same i.e. are the responsiveness of the controls and the CPU AI up to par with the other versions?

Any insight would be very much appreciated

Cheers
I shouldn't even comment because I have played 1 5min quarter with the celtics against the Nuggets, and I am blown away by the graphics...I am running at 120fps and only using around 55% of my gpu.

The controls feel better then the demo on 360 felt to me...I don't have the retail version for a console, and don't plan to...

Self shadowing?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craniosynostosis
Old 10-02-2012, 02:12 PM   #59
Rookie

"self shadowing" refers to the feature present in the console version where the player models cast shadows on themselves dyna,ically thus increasing the level of visual fidelity.

Sadlly these shaders have been ommited from the PC version of 2K12, and judging from what I have heard- 2K13 as well.
It is a shame. but as long as the versions play the same I do not mind as much
Old 10-02-2012, 02:26 PM   #60
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toaster
"self shadowing" refers to the feature present in the console version where the player models cast shadows on themselves dyna,ically thus increasing the level of visual fidelity.

Sadlly these shaders have been ommited from the PC version of 2K12, and judging from what I have heard- 2K13 as well.
It is a shame. but as long as the versions play the same I do not mind as much
Okay, can't remember seeing the self-shadowing, but that isn't a reason to not get this on pc...the game looks awesome.

You will be happy with the controls.

Old 10-02-2012, 02:50 PM   #61
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

I don't see any self shadowing present. It's different than 2k12, but nowhere near the selfshadowing in the console counterparts. Sweat looks decent though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2012, 03:01 PM   #62
Pro

This is my first year on pc...will the modding community beable to do this self-shadowing?

About how long does it take to put together a high resolution mod? A couple of months, or even that long? Just wondering, because I can't imagine this game looking any better...

Old 10-02-2012, 03:32 PM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 1

Hi Mbalmer,

Knowing PC patches come months after consoles, I just want to know if retail PC version lags like the console demo did.

PS. Did you notice lag/delayed responsiveness in xbox demo that you played? Most ppl did.
Old 10-02-2012, 03:48 PM   #64
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer

OVR: 13

It all depends on the PC you have. Console versions have hit the ceiling of the performance they can get, that's why the occasional lag and drop in framerate especially in close-ups.

On my rig, even before I upgraded, back when I was on a Core2Duo @3.2GHz and a GTX460, I never went below 56-57 FPS, which made for a buttery smooth game.
Novato, CA, USA

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »