Home

Why is PC version cheaper

This is a discussion on Why is PC version cheaper within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2012, 12:46 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Why is PC version cheaper

Just wondering why 2k13 for pc is 30 dollars cheaper than the consoles version? Is it missing any features??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2012, 12:49 AM   #2
MVP

infam0us's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Why is PC version cheaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by holymoly
Just wondering why 2k13 for pc is 30 dollars cheaper than the consoles version? Is it missing any features??
PC version doesn't get DLC so no All-Star weekend on PC version. The online mode is just awful, the graphics are set to low and its usually laggy as heck. The patch always comes real late to the PC compared to console version.

Might be forgetting something.
Old 10-01-2012, 12:55 AM   #3
Old School

MachoMyers's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by infam0us
PC version doesn't get DLC so no All-Star weekend on PC version. The online mode is just awful, the graphics are set to low and its usually laggy as heck. The patch always comes real late to the PC compared to console version.

Might be forgetting something.
No custom arena music/soundtracks.
Old 10-01-2012, 12:59 AM   #4
HAMBURGLAR

edwing's Arena

OVR: 5

It's likely priced cheaper to add incentive for people to actually BUY the game. If it were priced at $60, less people are going to buy it because of the abundance of pirates out there. But for $20 or $30, some might be compelled to just pony up the cash instead of getting an illegal copy.
Old 10-01-2012, 01:01 AM   #5
Rookie

deathsai's Arena

OVR: 2

The modding community for the PC version is far superior than anything that can be put out within the limits of the Xbox and PS3, so it's worth it.
Tampa Bay Lightning
UCF Knights
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2012, 03:49 AM   #6
MVP

fearwhatnow's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamaballa
It's likely priced cheaper to add incentive for people to actually BUY the game. If it were priced at $60, less people are going to buy it because of the abundance of pirates out there. But for $20 or $30, some might be compelled to just pony up the cash instead of getting an illegal copy.
Which pc game is priced $60?Only 2-3 games a year (like D3).Since the launch of the pc version of NBA2k I'm buying 2 and even 3 pc copies (2k11) of the game and I have friends that are doing the same.Then I give these copies to friends that can't afford to buy it.
If someone wants to pirate a game he will pirate it even if it costs only $5.This pc piracy trend is getting really annoying year after year.
Old 10-01-2012, 07:33 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearwhatnow
Which pc game is priced $60?Only 2-3 games a year (like D3).Since the launch of the pc version of NBA2k I'm buying 2 and even 3 pc copies (2k11) of the game and I have friends that are doing the same.Then I give these copies to friends that can't afford to buy it.
If someone wants to pirate a game he will pirate it even if it costs only $5.This pc piracy trend is getting really annoying year after year.
it depends of the quality of the game, if you have an amazing game for 60$ that's really stupid to pirate it, but if it's a game you can finish in 3 hours without multiplayer-online and you have to pay 60 for it, i can understand... now a lot of games are multiplayer, if you dont have key you miss like 80% of it so i don't think piracy is getting worst year after year.

Like infamOus said we miss a lot of things compare to xbox360/ps3 but 30$ that's just nothing, you can play more than 100 hours and still have fun with sport games ( even without online ), i played nba 2k13 demo on xbox360 i really like the kinect feature, online is also ( way ) better than pc but it's still a bit laggy compare to offline and players always use big players like Lebron Durant, i prefer to play with playbook and use the whole team ...

So like i said in different threads about pc version, if you don't play online, don't really want to pay 60$ and have a controller / computer who can handle the game just go with the PC version, 30$ with great graphics and mods = definitly worth it !
Old 10-01-2012, 07:37 AM   #8
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer

OVR: 13

We already have Kinect-like functionality. -wink wink-

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...d.php?t=581686
Novato, CA, USA

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »