Home

Does online work for PC version?

This is a discussion on Does online work for PC version? within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2012, 03:10 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Does online work for PC version?

anyone can enter the server and anyone know if they fixed the poor online pc graphic

i am considering buy it or not
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2012, 03:13 PM   #2
MVP

Shakedowncapo's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Does online work for PC version?

I'm all for playing anyone with the PC version! WTF, you up for a game?
Old 10-02-2012, 04:14 PM   #3
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

Sorry Shakedown, my little guy just fell and bit his tongue pretty well. Away from the PC for a bit. I can run a little bit after while maybe.
Old 10-02-2012, 04:24 PM   #4
Rookie

Can you even play with friends in the pc version this year?

Sports game with the most broken online play ever, and no ability to play with friends... baffles me why people love this game so... especially on the pc...

anyway... does anyone know if you can actually find a friend and play an online match against them in 2k13 on PC? Or, is it the same ole trash as before?
Old 10-02-2012, 04:30 PM   #5
MVP

Shakedowncapo's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Sorry Shakedown, my little guy just fell and bit his tongue pretty well. Away from the PC for a bit. I can run a little bit after while maybe.
No problem man. Tell young WTF to suck it up, pick his chin up! lol...

Just let me know in this thread when you're good to play. I'll be around all night.

@RamJet - I was looking earlier and saw nowhere to search a friend online...Just Quick game, Quick TeamUp(I think thats what it was called) and Stats.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2012, 04:42 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:

@RamJet - I was looking earlier and saw nowhere to search a friend online...Just Quick game, Quick TeamUp(I think thats what it was called) and Stats.
Thanks for the info... guess it's a no-go on this game for me... Really getting sick of 2k. no competition doesn't help.

2k12 for the pc was the most incompetent piece of garbage I've seen. Which sucked, b/c I've been playing basketball games on the pc since way back. And, what was generally a fun game to play was completely ruined by broken online, and, (if it did even work) the complete lack of ability to play with friends (isn't this one of the most basic motivations for playing sports games???). No ability to have different controller mappings for each player if playing on the same computer, settings getting reset, playbooks being tied to teams, rather than to player profiles, and just generally being garbage... Controls, and playbooks should be tied to individual profiles. this is common sense. etc, etc, etc.

If anyone does find anything redeeming about the pc version of 2k13, please let me know. Otherwise, 2k ain't getting my money ever again. Especially when they mislead their customer base as they have. I've been fooled enough times by them, and since they treat me (a pc gamer) as though we are afterbirth, I see no reason to support them with my dollars anymore.

Just wish there was someone who would step in and at least try to compete. I would have bought nba live 13 if it were on pc, just to encourage the competition. I would have thought EA (also, incompetent) would have seen a good opportunity to gain goodwill from some pc bball fans by releasing the game through origin (which they have been wanting to promote)... As, I'm pretty sure, anyone who has played 2gay on pc has been disappointed by lack of online functionality, etc, etc, etc.
Old 10-15-2012, 01:51 AM   #7
Banned

no u cant play its worst online ever! u cant find up anyone with quick match...
Old 10-27-2012, 07:23 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallo
no u cant play its worst online ever! u cant find up anyone with quick match...
You can find players, if they don't decide to quit before you get started. Also, does playing behind a router affect play ability?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »