Home

2K13 PC impressions thread

This is a discussion on 2K13 PC impressions thread within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2012, 04:26 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: 2K13 PC impressions thread

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between the console game of 2k13 and what its like on the PC? I've never bought 2k before for PC, but I'm considering it now because of all the mods. Why is it only $20 compared to $60?
Old 10-03-2012, 04:38 PM   #50
MVP

Greene_Flash03's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsfan1
Can anyone tell me what the difference is between the console game of 2k13 and what its like on the PC? I've never bought 2k before for PC, but I'm considering it now because of all the mods. Why is it only $20 compared to $60?
As far as I know, there isn't a MyTeam feature on PC version, no All-Star weekend DLC, other than those two it's the same.
Old 10-03-2012, 04:46 PM   #51
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
PC: No My Team, No VC for My Career (just SP), No My Player Closet, No custom soundtracks, No All Star DLC, No 3v3 Blacktop, no self shadowing (though future mods will mostly cover for this). Plus you wait an eternity for any support from 2K (the lone PC patch is typically released in spring)

The importance of those aspects will determine what kind of deal the PC version really is for you. If the missing features are minor or unimportant to you, PC will end up being the better experience if your system can run it well. There is a lot more disparity between the base versions this year than previous years though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2012, 06:17 PM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
PC: No My Team, No VC for My Career (just SP), No My Player Closet, No custom soundtracks, No All Star DLC, No 3v3 Blacktop, no self shadowing (though future mods will mostly cover for this). Plus you wait an eternity for any support from 2K (the lone PC patch is typically released in spring)

The importance of those aspects will determine what kind of deal the PC version really is for you. If the missing features are minor or unimportant to you, PC will end up being the better experience if your system can run it well. There is a lot more disparity between the base versions this year than previous years though.
Thanks for the info. I'm mostly a quick play, franchise guy. I don't really get into online or my player at all.
Old 10-03-2012, 06:25 PM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 8

I have it on PS3 and love it. Amazing game. I love the new controls, PG's like CP3 are great to control now and use the way they play IRL. Excited even more for the PC version, which for some reason GameStop still doesn't have in stock yet--even though I preordered AND was told they'd have it on 10/2.

Graphics are fine with me..... but still, when I fire up my PC and pop in 2K12 with the Ult. Base Roster mod and everything maxed.... it's not even close. My friend claims the 360 version is a lil more crisp graphically than the PS3 version, I don't really see it though. I mean, it looks good to me on consoles, it just can't compete with a maxed PC version.

It's very annoying how much they left out of the PC version this year, even if none of them are big features for me personally. I'm getting it for the mods, and for a stunning visual/FPS performance on PC. But still, it almost looks disrespectful of them to hype this stuff nonstop, NOT make the distinction in their marketing, and leave people to find out when they get the game. It's literally like their saying to your face, "We couldn't care less about you PC guys."

WAITING FOR:
Fallout 4

Wife: "Of course he's going out to get his 2K game at 12am, like he can't wait til tomorrow."
Wife's mom: "Be grateful that's what he's running out at midnight for."
Old 10-03-2012, 06:43 PM   #54
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Thanks for the info. I'm mostly a quick play, franchise guy. I don't really get into online or my player at all.
Yeah, I'm the same way (franchise guy). The PC should be a no-brainer for you. Once the mods and roster updates hit, you'll be in heaven. I'm just waiting for the digital release.
Old 10-03-2012, 07:10 PM   #55
MVP

OVR: 12

Okay, after playing a number of My Career games and an association game:

I'm not sure how I can be disappointed seeing as how I'm so pessimistic, I figured this would happen. 2 steps forward, 2 steps back.

The bumping and suction from 2K12 is gone, so that helps it be more playable this year.

I cannot believe they messed up the play vision in My Career. I swear they HAVE to be doing this on purpose. There is no way any developer is so naive as to let a previous bug like that slip into more than one of their games. Absolutely shoddy work.

The movement feels more responsive than 2K11 (which is what I'm used to playing), but a little but more slippery. It's probably because I'm not used to it yet.

I really like how the announcers say your name more now, talking about how you're playing well and all. They didn't really say much in previous versions.

The options for packages and animations is overkill!! Nothing wrong with optional overkill though. It's crazy they'd spend so much time on that part of the game, but completely slack off on the more meaty parts of the game.

Association at least has the play vision, so that's great news. At least I can play this game with some tweaking.

The passing feels much better this year than 2K11. They're quicker, so there aren't many of those rip off steals where you mean to pass NOW, but you have to go through this slow 2 second animation which gives your defender time to line up for the steal. It helps make assists easier. Speaking of assists, they are off. There are times I'll pass to someone, they step in for a layup and score, but I get no assist. Other times I'll pass to them and they dribble once or twice, layup and score and I get an assist when I'm not sure it should be. I guess that's the dumb stat trackers on the sidelines, huh?

My first Association game didn't go great though. All the players just seemed like they were frantically trying to score. They were able to drive to the hoop almost every time with little resistance. This was on All-Star simulation sliders, no adjustments. My team shot 61%, scored 119 points and 78 points in the paint. The other team had 96 and 50 points in the paint. Just a bit too much overall, so I think some on-ball defense sliders is needed. Oh, by the way, this was a player-lock situation, so it wasn't all my crappy defense, but both teams. Free throws weren't bad, but a little more would have been good. Offensive rebounds were actually low. I heard they were really high in 2K13.

The only real control options I have are the jumping/contesting shots. Sometimes it just doesn't jump the way I'm used to with 2K11, and sometimes not at all. Like if I want to go for a rebound or contest a shot, sometimes my player won't do anything. In 2K11, sometimes you'd go for a rebound with a couple of other players, and you'd all just tip the ball around a couple of times. You could keep pressing the Jump button and fight for the board. Not in 2K13. If you try to jump right after another jump, your player sits there. Also, there are a couple of those strange issues with your player overguarding, jumping out to defend on ball, go for a steal, whatever, even without your commands on the controller. That's also without using the pressure defense button and with the defense assist slider on 0.

Overall it's decent, but not the "best sports game ever" as so many people hyped up 3 days ago and are now complaining about the games problems. I'm not sure if it's worth the $30 or not. I'd probably say so if you didn't have any other b-ball game to play. However, with 2K shafting us on so many features and not supporting the broken game with a patch until probably March, I suggest you don't support them with your money.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2012, 08:11 PM   #56
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
What cam angle do you play? Just saw a thread that there's some stutter playing with 2k cam.
Broadcast. I'll make a video of it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »