Home

2K13 PC impressions thread

This is a discussion on 2K13 PC impressions thread within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2012, 07:13 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 12
2K13 PC impressions thread

Hopefully the mods don't lock this and force us to post in the generic impressions thread. I really want some PC specifics, especially since it's such a dumbed down version.

So, those of you that have the game, talk to me. How is it? How does it run for you on your specified hardware? How are the controls with whatever gamepad you're using? How do you feel about the features that are in the game and that aren't? How hopeful are you for whatever mods might show for it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2012, 07:56 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: 2K13 PC impressions thread

Gotta admit I am loving it. The graphics are ridiculous! An improvement on 2K12 to me.

Loving the new controls, although its awkward to get accustomed to them at first.

Just like last year, I had to go into Catalyst Control Center and enable Triple Buffering and AA, and turn off Vsync and AA in game. The results are stunning...soo buttery smooth. Not sure why the in game Vsync is so bad, it causes lots of choppiness and such for me, despite a 120fps framerate. And forget about the in game AA, lots of choppiness with it on. I encourage those seeing choppy performance to go into their video card driver program and enable triple buffering, and turn off in game Vsync.

Overall, I am EXTREMELY happy. The PC version once again puts the console version to shame, even without the extra graphical effects like self shadowing. Can't wait for the mods to start rolling in.

Leftos- whats the deal with the kinect-inspired voice controls? Will it work with 2k13???
Old 10-02-2012, 08:02 PM   #3
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

I don't agree with the graphics are insane they are almost identical....They barely even changed much other than menus and stuff...On the court it looks the same. Even the lighting and movements. I've seen maybe 5 to 8 models changed all the others are identical to 2k12.

Only thing that is respectfully noticeable is that the online is HD and smooth.

We even have less options in the video menus

High or Low, no other settings...I can't even amp up the AA settings or anything.

The Jay-Z stuff is annoying and every damn where and it's worse once you get your servers in the game online. In quick game there is more stuff that happens at the end of each quarter and after half time...Even full music videos in the intros...

No options for home and away shoes on stars or anything....we are limited.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:06 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

what's to love. trying to find info, and only thing i've found so far, confirms that it is yet another watered down, afterbirth of the console version.

No ability to play with friends, missing game modes, and I'm sure a lot of the same ole trash from last year.

People need to stop buying this game. They are just disrespecting us on PC. Next year, they'll blame piracy. They can blame what they want. but, the reason no one buys this game on PC is because it is trash, and they are stealing our money for the pc version.

/flame
Old 10-02-2012, 08:27 PM   #5
Rookie

Controls seem to be a little off on the PC version as well, I know it is minor but I cannot pull off a reverse dunk using the 360 controller on the PC.

Did it fine in the demo but RT + LT + Right Stick away from hoop does nothing, does a very basic dunk.

Other than that I am happy with the game. Graphics certainly could have used some work but I doubt we will see much of a jump until the next generation of consoles, even then I think the demo I played on my 360 almost looked better than the PC version.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2012, 08:34 PM   #6
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

I can't figure out the self alleyoop on the PC. Using the 360 controller. Not sure what the deal is.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:52 PM   #7
Rookie

It is A+X but I don't think you can do it in freestyle practice mode (At least) as I was unable too with the same button combination that worked in game.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:56 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 10

I have it for Xbox as well as PC. I'm enjoying it on both, but I'm waiting for mods for the PC. I know PC is shafted on game modes, but I wont even use the other modes. dont worry, once the mods come you guys wont even worry about the other things that we did not get.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »