Home

NBA 2k13 PC Question?

This is a discussion on NBA 2k13 PC Question? within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-08-2013, 11:40 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
NBA 2k13 PC Question?

Will 2k13 work on my laptop (http://www.dell.com/ae/p/inspiron-15r-n5110/pd) if it has a 2.20 GHz processor & 4 gb of ram. I've seen the system requirements but I'm not a big computer guy so any help would be appreciated.

Also is there a difference if I get it from amazon or steam because it costs $15 more from steam.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2013, 12:20 AM   #2
Pro

Bunselpower32's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: NBA 2k13 PC Question?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beto 04
Will 2k13 work on my laptop (http://www.dell.com/ae/p/inspiron-15r-n5110/pd) if it has a 2.20 GHz processor & 4 gb of ram. I've seen the system requirements but I'm not a big computer guy so any help would be appreciated.

Also is there a difference if I get it from amazon or steam because it costs $15 more from steam.
Clock speed means little to nothing without number of cores (and not too much more with it). Do you have the i7 or the i5 or i3? Either way, you look to be fine, as you have a dedicated graphics card that has a higher number than the one in my desktop does, and mine rips through the game. Granted, yours is in a laptop, so make sure you keep it cool with airflow. RAM is fine, anything 4 or over is about all you need.

Just make sure you set the power options to high performance, its easy to forget and it doesn't limit the power your computer will pull.

And Steam is a DD, Direct Download, so you'll get it as fast as you can download 15+ GB of data. You'll have to ship Amazon, so factor that in, and you may want to look at buying it at a local store. You'll probably get it the fastest (as fast as you can drive to a store), and they may have it cheap or something. Plus, you'll be supporting your local economy, even if it is just at a WalMart.

- Rick Wise
Old 01-09-2013, 12:25 AM   #3
Rookie

I have the i3.... Thanks
Old 01-09-2013, 02:10 AM   #4
Pro

Bunselpower32's Arena

Quote:
I have the i3.... Thanks
You should be fine, its only two actual cores, but with hyperthreading, you get essentially 4. I don't foresee a gameplay problem; actually, the menus put a huge stress on my desktop. The fans really start humming in the menus and they are barely audible in the gameplay...which to me says that Jay-Z is an idiot and should not be allowed into my basketball game next year.

- Rick Wise
Old 01-10-2013, 11:55 PM   #5
Rookie

Just got 2k13 for my computer & I love it. Anyway I downloaded a draft class online & I don't know where to put the fdc and iff files. Tried putting the fdc in the saved file & the iff's just in the 2k13 folder and that doesn't work. Everybody's head is chopped off! Help please
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2013, 12:08 AM   #6
Pro

Bunselpower32's Arena

Quote:
Just got 2k13 for my computer & I love it. Anyway I downloaded a draft class online & I don't know where to put the fdc and iff files. Tried putting the fdc in the saved file & the iff's just in the 2k13 folder and that doesn't work. Everybody's head is chopped off! Help please
Did you back up your files? If you did, just replace the bugged iff's. If not, Here's what I would do. Look in the recycle bin and see if the iff's are there. If so, put it back. If not, you may have to reinstall (Don't worry, you can do so without affecting your saves). After you get it back to the original working files, copy everything in your NBA 2k program folder and put it somewhere else, that way you don't have to reinstall when you get a bugged iff file.

As far as the bug, I'm not sure what's going on there, unless the iff's are for after the draft class is "created" and drafted, and these just torched your existing players heads. I'd just look on 2k share in the features menus and deal with the cyberfaces, those are pretty accurate, and there are some pretty good classes there.

- Rick Wise
Old 01-11-2013, 12:15 AM   #7
Rookie

The people in the draft class are missing their heads... not everybody on the game
Old 01-11-2013, 01:40 AM   #8
Rookie

fixed it

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »