Home

Will NBA 2K13 Work on my Laptop?

This is a discussion on Will NBA 2K13 Work on my Laptop? within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-06-2013, 11:30 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 6
Will NBA 2K13 Work on my Laptop?

This is the one I have: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Dell+-+I...specifications

I am hoping it will be good enough to play it, I want to mod it and actually have fun. Also how can I hook up a xbox 360 controller to it if possible? What tips do you guys give to make the experience better for someone COMPLETELY new to pc gaming? Thanks, please be as descriptive as possible. I am not good with pc terms haha
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2013, 03:07 AM   #2
Pro

Bunselpower32's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Will NBA 2K13 Work on my Laptop?

Assuming Windows 8 doesn't screw you over (which I can't imagine why it would), without a doubt. These specs will absolutely run 2k, with a good FPS I would venture to guess.

Geez, this thing is as good as my desktop. Granted, mine was built 4 years ago, but still.

- Rick Wise
Old 01-07-2013, 10:05 AM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunselpower32
Assuming Windows 8 doesn't screw you over (which I can't imagine why it would), without a doubt. These specs will absolutely run 2k, with a good FPS I would venture to guess.

Geez, this thing is as good as my desktop. Granted, mine was built 4 years ago, but still.
Haha ok cool! I will try to learn how to hook up a controller, and tips/important info you can recommend? I am really new to this.
Old 01-07-2013, 07:50 PM   #4
Pro

Any more info?
Old 01-08-2013, 01:53 AM   #5
Pro

Bunselpower32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakersForLife
Haha ok cool! I will try to learn how to hook up a controller, and tips/important info you can recommend? I am really new to this.
What kind of controller do you have? I suggest a wired controller, unless you have a wireless or really want it; less batteries. I have wireless, but because I wore out my wired after playing 2k for three years on the same one (well, I just wanted to be able to play from across the room). Just plug it in and download the latest drivers from this link.

One thing that will be necessary will be a cooler of some sort, I had a laptop (much worse, no dedicated graphics card), and I set up a fan right next to it. However, you may want to look at nice cooling devices and buy one based on where your laptop exhausts and gets hot. And it will get hot, my roomy desktop gets hot(ish). Air flow is the name of the game in computers; good airflow will affect performance a great deal. Make sure whatever you use to cool that this is not blocked in any way and it is up away from other things. And don't skimp on this, get it right, because it will really extend the life of your laptop.

I like leaving v-sync on, otherwise it ends up too choppy. Some guys like a lot of Anti Aliasing, I am not really that picky (although, I may try it and I might be later).

Seems dumb, but make sure you go to power options and change the settings to high performance or max performance. Its an easy thing to miss, and without it, you won't be getting enough juice.

I'll post more as I think of more stuff.

- Rick Wise
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2013, 01:59 AM   #6
Pro

Bunselpower32's Arena

Get the realistic net mod.

If you need help with modding, you can post here, message me, or whatever. Its really simple, just download the stuff, and drag it into your game folder and copy and replace the files.

Backup your files. Copy everything in the game folder and make another folder somewhere else and paste it there. I actually copy all of the modded files as well so I know what the file was that crapped me out so I can hunt it down without having to guess or undo everything.

- Rick Wise
Old 01-08-2013, 09:44 AM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunselpower32
Get the realistic net mod.

If you need help with modding, you can post here, message me, or whatever. Its really simple, just download the stuff, and drag it into your game folder and copy and replace the files.

Backup your files. Copy everything in the game folder and make another folder somewhere else and paste it there. I actually copy all of the modded files as well so I know what the file was that crapped me out so I can hunt it down without having to guess or undo everything.
Thank you thank you!
Old 01-08-2013, 10:54 AM   #8
Pro

Bunselpower32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakersForLife
Thank you thank you!
Hey no problem. You are gonna love 2k on the PC, in my opinion, best experience there is. Don't expect to be treated like consoles when it comes to support, and don't expect a patch til March, and most of all, don't expect anything from online. It sounds so bad, but the modders make it so good.

- Rick Wise

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »