Home

When do you think the PC patch will hit?

This is a discussion on When do you think the PC patch will hit? within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2012, 01:03 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 12
When do you think the PC patch will hit?

So with people finding the flaws with the game now, when do you think we'll get a patch for the PC version? Should we start a pool? I have March.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2012, 01:17 PM   #2
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer

OVR: 13
Re: When do you think the PC patch will hit?

I've said this time and time again. 2K's biggest mistake is trying to go with EVERY effin' DD out there. Just drop everyone, keep Steam, and just release 1 patch on Steam at the same time as consoles. Don't have to worry about DDs adding their own DRM, don't have to worry about separate approvals from every DD, don't have to worry about concurrent releases. Games that are just on Steam get patches out on a weekly basis. 2K could do the same, but oh no, every effin' DD and their children must have their own version of the game.
Novato, CA, USA
Old 10-03-2012, 01:20 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boge
So with people finding the flaws with the game now, when do you think we'll get a patch for the PC version? Should we start a pool? I have March.
I would say around March also, it's sad that PCers get the shaft always. We get the crumbs from consoles. I would rather pay $60.00 for a full game with the same level of support (patches) that the consoles get than $30.00 for a half game with hardly any support. Everyday, I grow more and more hatred toward consoles both for their dumbing down of games, eradicating Modders, lack of control with the game you own, and severely crippling PC gaming.

PC Gamers are like the red-headed step-child of gaming.
Old 10-03-2012, 01:34 PM   #4
Formerly known as Barnsey

Barncore's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boge
So with people finding the flaws with the game now, when do you think we'll get a patch for the PC version?
Judging by how quick they've been in the past, i'd say hmmm about 2016.
Old 10-03-2012, 01:45 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissionMaximus
I would say around March also, it's sad that PCers get the shaft always. We get the crumbs from consoles. I would rather pay $60.00 for a full game with the same level of support (patches) that the consoles get than $30.00 for a half game with hardly any support. Everyday, I grow more and more hatred toward consoles both for their dumbing down of games, eradicating Modders, lack of control with the game you own, and severely crippling PC gaming.

I totally agree. I would pay $60 to get the full true version on the PC, all star weekend, custom music, all of it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2012, 05:29 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 8

Betting on april.
Old 10-04-2012, 06:15 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 8

Can i ask you guys, how do we receive the patch on PC??...is it the same as the consoles where you get a pop up asking you for a new UPDATE?? Or is it different.....

thanks

VC/2k sports fan
Old 10-05-2012, 02:30 AM   #8
Pro

GOBLUE_08's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissionMaximus

PC gamers are the red-headed step child of sports gaming for sure. We dont ask for much just port the game and let the modders do the rest. How these companies dont feel that they cant make money on pc sports is beyond me. All the talk about pirating is silly. 360, ps3 and wii games are pirated just as much if not more...

To answer the OP's question, if past years have been any indication, 2k will release multiple patches on consoles and pc will get a culmination of all those patches MONTHS after the fact. Look for it no sooner than next year. March or April.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »