Home

What graphic settings do you guys use?

This is a discussion on What graphic settings do you guys use? within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2012, 09:35 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: What graphic settings do you guys use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boge
Some people have reported some stuttering with the in game settings, that's why they recommend doing it through the drivers.
Correct. That's why I made the change. I get steady 60fp. I could get 120 but variable, but rather have a steady 60.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:35 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

kind of new to this messing around with drivers thing but if i alter the vsync in amd catalyst does it overide it ingame or do i set it to off or.... ?

straight out the box the performance was pretty horrible and im pretty sure i dont need to drop too much seeing as other new games run fine (pes 13, borderlands 2 ) any help would be great
Old 10-04-2012, 02:42 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by goat10
kind of new to this messing around with drivers thing but if i alter the vsync in amd catalyst does it overide it ingame or do i set it to off or.... ?

straight out the box the performance was pretty horrible and im pretty sure i dont need to drop too much seeing as other new games run fine (pes 13, borderlands 2 ) any help would be great
In Catalyst Control Center (CCC) there should be a slider for Vsync where you can set it to Always Off, Off unless specified by application, On unless specified by application, or always on.

I do recommend turning off Vsync in game, and enabling Triple Buffering in CCC. There is something wonky with the in-game vsync for me. I can run the game at 120fps with vsync off, but with vsync on and capped at 60 fps its extremely choppy. Triple buffering makes it smooth.

I would also only use Anti-Aliasing in CCC, not the in game options. They seems to act funny too.

Really wish we had the self-shadowing, I don't understand why that is even left out of the PC version. Other than that, the graphics on PC are pretty awesome.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2012, 03:05 PM   #12
Rookie

thanks for that, i did move a few sliders and confused myself and the game, went from running to to stuttering. ill get rid of vsync if that helps
Old 10-04-2012, 03:56 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by myownsun
Turn off vsync in the 2k menu but enable adaptive-vsync in the nvidia control panel that should take care of any stuttering.

What cpu do you have and what resolution are you playing at?

Yes enable AA, your graphics card is a beast so you have nothing to worry about.
I have a i5 3570k CPu and 8 gigs of ram and playing on 1920x1080.

So do you guys recommend vsync on in driver settings?

vsync caps fps at 60 right? So is it better for a sports game to be at constant 60 or at 100? with vsync off.

thanks guys for all the replies!
Old 10-04-2012, 04:32 PM   #14
MVP

myownsun's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeph820
I have a i5 3570k CPu and 8 gigs of ram and playing on 1920x1080.

So do you guys recommend vsync on in driver settings?
Yes turn on (ADAPTIVE VSYNC) in the nvidia control panel and disable it in-game within the 2kmenus
vsync caps fps at 60 right? So is it better for a sports game to be at constant 60 or at 100? with vsync off.
Capped at 60
thanks guys for all the replies!
I little info on A-vsync
NVIDIA Adaptive Vertical Sync
Nothing is more distracting than framerate stuttering and screen tearing. The first tends to occur when framerates are low, the second when framerates are high. Adaptive V-Sync is a smarter way to render frames. At high framerates, V-sync is enabled to eliminate tearing, at low frame rates, it's disabled to minimize stuttering. It gets rid of distractions so you can get on with gaming.
Old 10-05-2012, 11:59 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 0

so i turned off vsync in game and set adaptive vsync in the nvidia panel as advised but still experience screen tearing/stuttering when playing. my fps are constant 100-120. any help? thanks!

Last edited by xsist; 10-05-2012 at 12:16 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2012, 12:20 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsist
so i turned off vsync in game and set adaptive vsync in the nvidia panel as advised but still experience screen tearing/stuttering when playing. my fps are constant 100-120. any help? thanks!

Do you have an option for triple buffering in nvidia control panel? If so enable it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »