Home

Holy 60FPS Grall ,harware-gpu or cpu ?

This is a discussion on Holy 60FPS Grall ,harware-gpu or cpu ? within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2012, 04:10 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Holy 60FPS Grall ,harware-gpu or cpu ?

It is really holy 60fps grall for me ,couse its really only true smooth way to play,no delay,alll now that.Please help me.
Last year i was able to 60.
This year i stuck on 52-53 fps (benchmark).
This is even with lowest possible graphic settings ,turning off vsync in game ,on in catalyst ( d3d overider -triplebuffering vsync on ,same results,)Same witch lowering mipmap details i ccc center and optimalisation textures to fast mode.maybe 2fps more~53,54.
Turnning up settings couse no loss of fps until
aa off
player high
textures high
crowd medium-
sideline characters off highest change to 52 53 fps ,cpu or gpu haeavy?
lighting on
deph on

anythig higher result lowering fps to ~46,i would be happy witch those but 60 fps.
My native resolution is 1360x768 so i dont wanna change that (my tv as monitor didnt support 720p mode and others lower than native 16-9 via d-sub)
My specs are
celleron g530 2,4 ghz dual core sandy bridge
h61 mainboard
radeon 5670 500meg asus
4gb ram
XpSp3 ,win7 on D almost same results ,little better with Xp when i put real time priority on cpu beside high (only possible on W7).
I,ve read somwhere that nba 2k 13 uses mostly cpu ,my conlusion based on my expiriance is simmilar, but not for sure
I want to change some harware but with one?
1.Cpu to pentum g860 2core 3,0 ghz sandy bridge, my best option 84$ I will sell my cpu~ 32$
2.Cpu to Intel Core i3-2130 146$
3.Gpu to radeon 7770 140 $ i will sell my gpu ~46$
Truly i can afford only one couse i live in Poland so its 23% tax on hardware oppose to US prices and 1/4 earnings ratio oppose to US.
So what is really sweet spot for nba 2k13 cpu dual core over 3,0-3,1 3,2ghz ,more or 4 cores
or gpu over 7770 1gb?
There is also those config.cfg edit but i dont know what i should change due my hardware to archieve 60 fps ,tried blindly .
Thank you fo reading ,patienc and answers.

Last edited by darch; 10-09-2012 at 04:16 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2012, 04:29 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Holy 60FPS Grall ,harware-gpu or cpu ?

honestly i don't think you'll see the difference between 53 and 60 fps ... i'm running the game in 1920x1080 with a GTX 660 2GB, I5 3570k and 8GB 1600Mhz Ram and i'm at 55 - 60 fps (max for my monitor) but sometimes, for some reason when i press start to go into a replay or change stuff in menu and i come back in the game i have like 20 fps, 10 sec after ( sometimes less, sometimes more ) it's back at 55,60 so i'll say deal with it ...if you want to know if it's using 100% of your CPU go to CTRL+ALT+DEL and go to perfromance.

But again if you're at 50 - 60 FPS you don't need to change anything you can't see the difference,think about people with a old computer running the game with 25 fps ...

About what you want to change go to www.systemrequirementslab.com/ and select NBA 2k13 it'll tell you if you can run the game in MAX settings and if not it will tell you what's wrong with your computer so you'll know what you have to change ( if you can't deal with 50 fps again LoL )

Last edited by sharks80; 10-09-2012 at 04:32 AM.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:40 PM   #3
Rookie

Thank you for answer but deal with it is not what im looking for .Nba 2k,PES and some driving symulators are only games i played and every year i feeled that 60fps ,v-sync on ,no mater settings is only smooth confortable way to play ,maybe becouse my old lcd tv 60hz synced like this 60. I dont know,i almost cant play sports game under 60.
So if anyone know answer please help me.
Cpu or GPU ?
Old 10-09-2012, 02:32 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

I don't think its your components. Even though your CPU is slightly dated being a dual core, you still shouldn't have a problem. In fact many people on the PC forum are running the game on laptops with dual core processors. Your video card is good enough, RAM is decent. You should be able to max the game and get 60fps, without AA.

I think its the wacky in-game vsync. I have the following:

i-5 2500k
6950 2GB
8GB RAM

I can run the game at the max capped FPS of 120 with vysnc off, but once I turn vsync on it stutters and I get 45ish fps in the benchmark.

I would either advise you to turn vsync off, or try to enable vsync OUTSIDE of the game. Either in catalyst control center, or you can try to download radeon pro.
Old 10-09-2012, 02:53 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockjaw333
I don't think its your components. Even though your CPU is slightly dated being a dual core, you still shouldn't have a problem. In fact many people on the PC forum are running the game on laptops with dual core processors. Your video card is good enough, RAM is decent. You should be able to max the game and get 60fps, without AA.

I think its the wacky in-game vsync. I have the following:

i-5 2500k
6950 2GB
8GB RAM

I can run the game at the max capped FPS of 120 with vysnc off, but once I turn vsync on it stutters and I get 45ish fps in the benchmark.

I would either advise you to turn vsync off, or try to enable vsync OUTSIDE of the game. Either in catalyst control center, or you can try to download radeon pro.
I ,ve posted i did it already
of v-sync in game on outside way better performance but no 60 fps, question remains
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2012, 04:37 PM   #6
Rookie

Same here. I dont know how some gets 120+. I'm jealus and I have a powerful rig
Old 10-09-2012, 05:33 PM   #7
Pro

Bunselpower32's Arena

OVR: 8

Lockjaw is right on it, there's no way it's your components. There are people with bigger and smaller rigs than your's that are being shut out at 52fps.

I don't think you can have V-sync on anywhere, in game or out. The only way I was able to get back over 100 fps was by turning my card's settings to "use application settings" or something like that, and in the game I had it off. Everyone is capping out at that 52-53 fps range for some reason, I suspect it's built in, but i don't know, I built my rig three years ago and I feel so out of the loop because I haven't had to worry about upgrading anything.

Just for kicks,

Core i7 920 @ 2.67GHz (one of the first Core processors)
4GB DDR3 G.Skill(?) RAM
750W Corsair Power Supply
GTX 275 Graphics Card
Gigabyte ex58 motherboard
A DVD writer/drive of some sort
A large heatsink
Some big fans
A case that lights up

- Rick Wise
Old 10-09-2012, 05:54 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunselpower32
Lockjaw is right on it, there's no way it's your components. There are people with bigger and smaller rigs than your's that are being shut out at 52fps.

I don't think you can have V-sync on anywhere, in game or out. The only way I was able to get back over 100 fps was by turning my card's settings to "use application settings" or something like that, and in the game I had it off. Everyone is capping out at that 52-53 fps range for some reason, I suspect it's built in, but i don't know, I built my rig three years ago and I feel so out of the loop because I haven't had to worry about upgrading anything.

Just for kicks,

Core i7 920 @ 2.67GHz (one of the first Core processors)
4GB DDR3 G.Skill(?) RAM
750W Corsair Power Supply
GTX 275 Graphics Card
Gigabyte ex58 motherboard
A DVD writer/drive of some sort
A large heatsink
Some big fans
A case that lights up
but without v-sync there are big stutters and moving lines on monitor ,as always without v-sync ,so you are saying that pc version is basicly broken?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »