Home

did the gameplay change????

This is a discussion on did the gameplay change???? within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-24-2012, 11:36 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 8
did the gameplay change????

Ok since this new update with the new courts, i have notice not only the change in art, but the change in gameplay as well. Was there a undercover gameplay install that came along with this new court UPDATE? Here are the changes of what im seeing so far

1. We are getting more offensive rebounds. The offensive rebounds are not as strong anymore from the AI.

2. There are more fouls on the pick and roll as a defender. This happens in almost every game i play.

3. The pace of the game has slowed down. The movement seems a bit more laid back.

4. The games seem easier on pro. I always play on pro.

So when i take out the new update file, i then get my old gameplay back. Wow, im so happy that i know where the problems or changes are now on this PC version of 2k. Now i can at least identify the root of the problem quickly. Im so aware of changes made to the game, because i play the AI constantly, and i study what 2k gives us. There were some changes made here, or maybe a small glitch effect that came along with the update

So yeah, this is what im seeing so far. Anyone else notice change???

just asking

VC/2k sports fan

Last edited by shadio5; 10-24-2012 at 11:38 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2012, 03:07 AM   #2
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer

OVR: 13
Re: did the gameplay change????

No. The Online Data Update only includes art files, so whatever gameplay changes you feel were done, are just a placebo effect.
Novato, CA, USA
Old 10-25-2012, 04:22 AM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftos
No. The Online Data Update only includes art files, so whatever gameplay changes you feel were done, are just a placebo effect.

So are you saying that this type of effect happens when you install download idems? Also will this type of lag go away with time???

Just trying to get a understanding with this...im also going to reinstall 2k13 with all these new updates and hope all gos well. The thing with me is, that im already established with the current gameplay...i have found ways to be comfortable with the gameplay and finally understand what the 2k AI brings to the table.

thanks

VC/2k sports fan
Old 10-27-2012, 02:48 PM   #4
Pro

There is something totally wrong with this game when it gets UPDATES!!!!

Ok im not saying that 2k changes the gameplay, but for years now i have noticed that when 2k gets a update that makes changes on their game, the game then gets "different"....i can not put my hands on why this happens, but i CANT be the only one who sees these things...

i swear one min im playing the game with a certain style that matches my experience, then once i put the updates in my game, then all of a sudden players are high flyers & going thru people....THE GAME CHANGES!!!

The cool thing about now is that im on the PC and i can see what happens now. IM SO MAD AT 2K, WHY DOES THIS KEEP GOING ON!!! The game would play one way where players are on their legs and n0t falling all over the place, then i update and i see players not standing in front of their man and taking these long weird footsteps where there at the rim with only two long steps.......

sick of this nonsense with this game. They always give me a game i love, then once these updates start rolling in there is all this confusion. The DATA for some reason doesent co-exist with each other....its NOT A SMOOTH LINK BETWEEN DATA EXCHANGE.

ive complained about this for years, maybe its because of the style that i play the game, im not sure.....but im very confused and angry...im jjust sick and tiered of completely changing the way i approach playing this game everytime this game gets a update...i JUST WAT IT TO PLAY THE SAME!!!!!

VC/2k sports fan

Last edited by shadio5; 10-27-2012 at 07:21 PM.
Old 10-27-2012, 06:10 PM   #5

Again, only thing that would affect gameplay in those updates is any changes in the roster. The game art doesn't change gameplay, end of story. If you don't like the way the default roster plays, just download a custom one.
Novato, CA, USA
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2012, 07:11 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftos
Again, only thing that would affect gameplay in those updates is any changes in the roster. The game art doesn't change gameplay, end of story. If you don't like the way the default roster plays, just download a custom one.

thanks for the suggestion.

Think i will try the custom roster for now on. Any suggestions on where i can find some some good up to date roster files??

Sorry for the rant but im always left in the dark with this issue. When i play this game i dont use plays & steals, so i only rely on how the game moves and tries to understand when the AI does....im so detailed when i watch the AI that i know if anything changes, i would be aware instantly.

just a thought

VC/2k sports fan
Old 10-28-2012, 03:37 AM   #7

slimm44's would be a very good start as far as PC rosters go.
Novato, CA, USA

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »