Home

Ivy Bridge Intel HD 4000 (mobile)

This is a discussion on Ivy Bridge Intel HD 4000 (mobile) within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-13-2012, 06:58 PM   #1
MVP

donkey33's Arena

OVR: 10
Ivy Bridge Intel HD 4000 (mobile)

I saw 23's thread but didn't want till hijack so thought I would start a new one.

Does anyone play, or has played, 2k13 with a laptop that uses the ivy bridge Intel HD 4000 GPU. Not the desktop version but specifically on a laptop. If so, what settings can you play on and how does it play?

I'm getting a new machine and will get a dedicated GPU if I need it but thinking the 4000 might be enough.

Last edited by donkey33; 11-13-2012 at 07:23 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2012, 02:48 AM   #2
Glory to the Brave!

Guffers's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Ivy Bridge Intel HD 4000 (mobile)

I really wouldn't bother trying to game on an intergrated GPU, you're just going to end up disappointed and would be much better off getting a dedicated card. I have a laptop with a GT555m (very middle of the road laptop card) and I can max the game out at 60fps.

It might cost a little extra but you will be much happier.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:21 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 13

I'd also be interested in hearing how the 4000 runs 2k. i have heard it runs some games fairly well.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:47 AM   #4
MVP

donkey33's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guffers
I really wouldn't bother trying to game on an intergrated GPU, you're just going to end up disappointed and would be much better off getting a dedicated card. I have a laptop with a GT555m (very middle of the road laptop card) and I can max the game out at 60fps.

It might cost a little extra but you will be much happier.
Cheers but it's just for when I'm on the move really and I feel like some 2k13. I have a better desktop PC for maxing the game.

That's why I'm wondering if anyone has used the HD 4000 and what it's like. I assume it would be good enough for some mobile 2k13 gaming but would prefer confirmation otherwise I might have to grab a laptop with a dedicated card.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:51 PM   #5
Rookie

BlakkMajik3000's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkey33
I saw 23's thread but didn't want till hijack so thought I would start a new one.

Does anyone play, or has played, 2k13 with a laptop that uses the ivy bridge Intel HD 4000 GPU. Not the desktop version but specifically on a laptop. If so, what settings can you play on and how does it play?

I'm getting a new machine and will get a dedicated GPU if I need it but thinking the 4000 might be enough.
It likely will only run the game at the minimum settings, and definitely no AA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2012, 02:40 PM   #6
MVP

Crossover1's Arena

OVR: 17

I have used mine by mistake in 2k12 and it was jittery to say the least. I did max it though because I thought it was using my gt 650m. I'm guessing you will be able to run it at low to medium settings sans anti-aliasing.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:31 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 0

I played 2k12 and play 2k13 on an Intel HD3000 laptop. 2k12 ran better. I used a performance mod and could run it on medium settings at around 50fps. This was with high quality courts turned on so the UBR worked correctly. 2k13 runs slower. I haven't found a performance mod for me that worked yet, but I believe I modded the ini file when I first got the game. It runs on the low settings at about 45-50 fps. I do run game booster as well. It is playable if you are wanting to actually play the game for the gameplay, but if you are anal about the graphics, it may not be for you. I live in Guatemala at them moment, so my options are limited. But yes, I do enjoy playing it. Is it as great as all the other ones I played on xbox in the states, no, but I still have a good time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »