Home

Nba 2k14 pc

This is a discussion on Nba 2k14 pc within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2013, 06:05 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 1
Nba 2k14 pc

I hear people saying that 2k doesnt care about its pc fan base and i agree to some point. no patch and updates come way after the console versions. i also hear people saying that it might not be a pc version of 2k14. i found this article that EA published saying that alot of there major titles are coming to not only consoles but to pc's. leads me to believe that 2k will keep the series on pc to stay in competition with ea. What do u guys think?

In Fiscal 14, we will release 11 major titles across consoles and on the PC. This includes our core sports titles – Madden, FIFA, FIFA Manager, NBA LIVE, NHL, and NCAA Football, as well as Need for Speed, Battlefield, Command and Conquer, and from our partners at Insomniac, FUSE. And as we announced yesterday on EA’s blog, we will publish The Sims 4 on PC in early 2014.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2013, 09:56 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
I wish Madden came to PC, but that probably won't ever happen again. That said I enjoy NBA 2K on PC so as long as they keep making it I will keep buying.
Old 05-19-2013, 12:06 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Nba 2k14 pc

Even if 2k14 doesn't make it to PC (which I highly doubt). Future games more than likely will be since the new consoles will be x86 architecture. It will be much much easier and faster to port to and from consoles from here on out.
Old 05-19-2013, 03:08 AM   #4
OCD Roster Editor

rovert22044's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehardknoxlife
Even if 2k14 doesn't make it to PC (which I highly doubt). Future games more than likely will be since the new consoles will be x86 architecture. It will be much much easier and faster to port to and from consoles from here on out.
What does the game being 32-bit have to do with anything?
Old 05-23-2013, 08:27 AM   #5
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellybeanbryant
I hear people saying that 2k doesnt care about its pc fan base and i agree to some point. no patch and updates come way after the console versions. i also hear people saying that it might not be a pc version of 2k14. i found this article that EA published saying that alot of there major titles are coming to not only consoles but to pc's. leads me to believe that 2k will keep the series on pc to stay in competition with ea. What do u guys think?

In Fiscal 14, we will release 11 major titles across consoles and on the PC. This includes our core sports titles – Madden, FIFA, FIFA Manager, NBA LIVE, NHL, and NCAA Football, as well as Need for Speed, Battlefield, Command and Conquer, and from our partners at Insomniac, FUSE. And as we announced yesterday on EA’s blog, we will publish The Sims 4 on PC in early 2014.
That 2nd paragraph doesn't mean what you think it does. This isn't EA saying all these games are going to be on consoles AND PC, it is saying all of these titles are going to be on consoles AND/OR PC. Granted it was a misleading quote from EA, but technically it's still right, you just have to read it differently.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2013, 08:32 AM   #6
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovert22044
What does the game being 32-bit have to do with anything?
X86 is not suggestive of a bit count necessarily - but the point was for the first time ever, the two major consoles will be the same architecture as PCs. Going forward, games will now be much easier to port to PC in theory, as the PS4 and XBOne are technically PCs, just with locked down OSs and arbitrary media requirements.
Old 06-07-2013, 02:29 PM   #7
Rookie

jwagner82's Arena

OVR: 8

They confirmed a PC version last night, there was a release with the lebron cover that said coming for "PS3, Xbox 360, and PC"
Old 06-09-2013, 04:40 AM   #8
Pro

ffpp's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
X86 is not suggestive of a bit count necessarily - but the point was for the first time ever, the two major consoles will be the same architecture as PCs. Going forward, games will now be much easier to port to PC in theory, as the PS4 and XBOne are technically PCs, just with locked down OSs and arbitrary media requirements.
X86 (in PC architechture) IS a 32bit architecture. X86-64 (or short x64) denotes the 64-bit architecture. The name x86-64 hints at the fact that it is downwards compatible with the older x86.

That said, I don't believe that any new console will be exactly x86, because it is outdated. If anything, it will be an architecture that is compatible with x86.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »