Home

Framerate continually dropping by half

This is a discussion on Framerate continually dropping by half within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2014, 03:29 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Framerate continually dropping by half

I have a weird issue framerate issue with NBA 2k14 for PC.

Checking with FRAPS, my framerate holds steady most of the time at 60fps. But pretty regularly (maybe once every minute) the framerate will drop immediately to 30fps along with some very noticeable controller lag. Going into menus the controller lag is more noticeable and the fps is 20.

Sometimes opening up the Steam overlay corrects this, otherwise alt-tabbing out then back in will reset the fps to 60 for another minute or so.

My PC specs are solid (AMD FX-8320, GeForce GTX 760, running off a Samsung 840 EVO ssd), and I don't have this issue in any other game. I do have the Ultimate NBA2K Mod installed as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2014, 11:29 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Framerate continually dropping by half

Thats a VSync Problem. That happens in some Games that have no Triple Buffering if your PC drops below 60fps. So instead of 59fps you drop to 30fps.
Check your 2K14 Nvidia-Systemcontrol Profile and enable Triple Buffering and/or try some Vsync Options (Adaptive).
I have a GTX 770 and have Vsync On and have no Drops at all and I even downsample the Game from 2880x1620 what requires a lot more GPU Power.

If nothing works, just use D3DOverrider to force TripleBuffering, that always worked for me in Games I had that problem with.
Old 08-14-2014, 04:42 AM   #3
Cod
MVP

Cod's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Framerate continually dropping by half

Andarus provided some solid advice; however, instead of D3DOverrider, I'd use Nvidia Inspector. NI offers a lot more tweaking options and even has hundreds of games preloaded.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »