Home

Finally! Thank you 2k (play with friends)

This is a discussion on Finally! Thank you 2k (play with friends) within the NBA 2K PC Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2014, 09:39 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Finally! Thank you 2k (play with friends)

This may be a bit premature, as I haven't actually played a game online yet, but I just have to say...

Thanks to 2k for *finally* giving us the ability to play online against friends.

The game seems to be integrated nicely with steamworks. My online friends from steam showed up in game in both the "play with friends", and the "online league" modes (haven't checked the crew or mypark stuff, as I have never played those modes).

2k had lost me, but just the fact that the options are in the menu now... You have earned your way back into my good graces

2k has also been somewhat responsive to pc requests. First it was the request to pre-load, then for midnight launch, and ronnie2k confirmed both of those things for the pc community.

I would be hesitant to review the quality of online gameplay at this point as it is still day 1, and most games usually suffer online in the early days. But, I will report back on that if anyone is interested.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2014, 11:14 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Finally! Thank you 2k (play with friends)

Yep, definitely waiting for PC online games review. How are the on-ball defense and shooting due to lag?
Old 10-07-2014, 12:36 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Finally! Thank you 2k (play with friends)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nius
Yep, definitely waiting for PC online games review. How are the on-ball defense and shooting due to lag?
Just played my first online match ever on pc. Seemed to work fine for me (at least that time). Didn't really notice lag. Was just going to take a peek at it, but I got an opponent right away, so I played it. I am sure there will be some connection issues in these first days, but already I did something I was never able to do on a pc nba2k game before (play online).

Still feeling things out and getting used to it all again (skipped last year), but so far, I am thrilled with the PC release. I almost couldn't believe my eyes to see my steam friends showing up in the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »