Home

Old 10-08-2014, 08:05 PM   #89
L4K
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: PC Impression's Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkWilliam
Pretty sure the Steam release is 10/10 man.....

Thats why I held off getting on Steam - may aswell buy in store today.....

Crap huh?
Ahh right, that would make sense. Thanks for the heads up. Only reason I bought it online was because I found a cheap deal. If I have to wait another day but save $30 in the process I guess that's not too bad haha.
Old 10-08-2014, 08:12 PM   #90
Rookie

OVR: 0

Use a VPN to unlock it early, I did
Old 10-08-2014, 08:21 PM   #91
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Okay, this is about as close as I'm going to come to a rant about this game. I finally was able to get Drive Cam to be smooth enough to not give me a seizure by dropping the detail down to medium on players and crowd. Of course then it made them all super skinny and made the heads too big for the twig bodies. Was the microstutter still there? Yep. But minimized.

I found myself totally stoked when Leftos and the others dropped the news we were getting the "next gen" engine. But we aren't. This game barely runs on any type of NVidia based system. Every setting you tweak messes up something else. I get smoothed graphics, but they look nothing like the maxed graphics. The players are literally half their size now. Look like they took up crack. And then my 360 controller is totally lagging now in response. Chris Paul now runs bow legged? Seriously? This game seems more like a programming project or a favor that was thrown together on the quick to give us PC guys a bone. As others have mentioned, there is no keyboard support. Big hint at how much of a barebones port this game is. I agree that this is a Xbone port that was not optimized for any NVidia system. That's why our stuff runs so poorly. It was written and optimized for the AMD S.O.a.C. And don't get me started about what a overhyped mess that is.

I just found myself playing the game wishing that somehow we could meld last years graphics with this year's A.I. and added physics and animations. That would be the perfect game. But, instead I have a bunch of choices that add up to a frustrating experience. Thanks for the effort. This is not a knock on the desire to give us a PC gamers a full game. But, if you are going to do it, do it right. We paid full price in hopes this was the game that not only would have all the bells and whistles gameplay wise, but then could be made the graphics masterpiece that modding offers, and make all the console gamers want to build $2000 rigs. This is not that game. This is not even as good as the $30 game I bought 12 months ago. And that makes me sad. End of rant. Actually, I'm so let down by this game, I would say I'm not even at rant level. Just bummed. Out.....

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2014, 09:19 PM   #92
No Way

demencia_total's Arena

OVR: 9

I can't believe I'm about to say this, but the game runs smoother on my PS4 than on my PC and it doesn't look half as bad. I was planning on trading in/sell the PS4 version if the PC version turned out great and while its totally playable, the micro stutter is driving me nuts. It doesn't matter that the game runs above 60FPS, AA or no AA, it still does it. Totally playable, but not buttery smooth. Sucks for me.
Old 10-08-2014, 10:43 PM   #93
Rookie

brown19's Arena

OVR: 2

man i am sorry so many people are having problems.. i got the game running great for me. first off i have two gtx 780s 3gb in sli, i know it only uses one card though that sucks. i also have a i74820k cpu. i also have a 2560x1440p monitor. so i was having some stuttering i had everything maxed out, so what i did was try a little of everything.

what i found worked great for me, i set antialiasing level to 1 and antialiasing quality to 0. then i upped my supersampling from 1 to 1.5 in the config file and that fixed the hair issue no more blur or haze.. and i must say the game is running great for me and it looks gorgeous!! and i am doing this supersampling at 2560x1440p monitor so i expect those using 1080p would have no problems.

now you still need a strong graphic card to do this.. and i even went into my nvidia control panel and turned other graphic settings up!! the supersampling makes the picture so good and combining that with a 1440p resolution i am not seeing hardly any jaggies to even care about it cause the graphics are so good and again this fixes the hair issue.. and i am doing this with hardly any stuttering at all.. not enough to even care cause the trade off is soooo!! good!! it feels so smooth and the gameplay is the best i have seen!! not perfect but what is.. its a great game now that i have it working.
Old 10-08-2014, 11:03 PM   #94
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
Okay, this is about as close as I'm going to come to a rant about this game. I finally was able to get Drive Cam to be smooth enough to not give me a seizure by dropping the detail down to medium on players and crowd. Of course then it made them all super skinny and made the heads too big for the twig bodies. Was the microstutter still there? Yep. But minimized.

I found myself totally stoked when Leftos and the others dropped the news we were getting the "next gen" engine. But we aren't. This game barely runs on any type of NVidia based system. Every setting you tweak messes up something else. I get smoothed graphics, but they look nothing like the maxed graphics. The players are literally half their size now. Look like they took up crack. And then my 360 controller is totally lagging now in response. Chris Paul now runs bow legged? Seriously? This game seems more like a programming project or a favor that was thrown together on the quick to give us PC guys a bone. As others have mentioned, there is no keyboard support. Big hint at how much of a barebones port this game is. I agree that this is a Xbone port that was not optimized for any NVidia system. That's why our stuff runs so poorly. It was written and optimized for the AMD S.O.a.C. And don't get me started about what a overhyped mess that is.

I just found myself playing the game wishing that somehow we could meld last years graphics with this year's A.I. and added physics and animations. That would be the perfect game. But, instead I have a bunch of choices that add up to a frustrating experience. Thanks for the effort. This is not a knock on the desire to give us a PC gamers a full game. But, if you are going to do it, do it right. We paid full price in hopes this was the game that not only would have all the bells and whistles gameplay wise, but then could be made the graphics masterpiece that modding offers, and make all the console gamers want to build $2000 rigs. This is not that game. This is not even as good as the $30 game I bought 12 months ago. And that makes me sad. End of rant. Actually, I'm so let down by this game, I would say I'm not even at rant level. Just bummed. Out.....
Not sure whats wrong with your system. I'm running it maxed out at 2560x1440 at 60fps with a gtx 780. Very rarely slows down, if ever.
Old 10-08-2014, 11:09 PM   #95
Pro

Daddy123's Arena

OVR: 3

is it me or is the game blurry when running a fast break?? My graphics card is gtx780.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2014, 11:23 PM   #96
No Way

demencia_total's Arena

OVR: 9

You gotta love PC gaming, even people with the same video cards can't get consistent results. Granted, this could all be avoided if the game had better optimization but nowadays I'm finding that a ton of games get released like this. I've messed with so many settings and I actually get less stuttering when I crank up the AAx8 at 1080p. I wish it wasn't there at all since its so minimal but it just drives me nuts knowing it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »