Home

Old 10-14-2014, 06:12 AM   #225
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: PC Discussions Thread

Is it just me or is the game really unstable in terms of freezing? I've noticed that the game either freezes on the loading menu or randomly when loading/saving during the game. Each time, I have to manually kill the game process through Task Manager and frankly it's making the game hard to enjoy when it's a lucky dip as to whether it will work on a certain try
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2014, 06:47 AM   #226
Glory to the Brave!

Guffers's Arena

OVR: 16

I54670k at 4.4 and 780 and I cant get rid of the stutter no matter what I try. Low, high settings, updated drivers, clean well running PC. Nothing fixes it. I've spent the last three nights trying to get it to run smoothly to justify my purchase with no success.

I'm furious that 2K has released the game like this and charged us full price. Honestly if you aren't going to do it properly don't even bother 2K. I would rather play last years $30 last gen port then this unoptimized garbage. I will be waiting for impressions next year and will only purchase if I'm 100% sure it will run well.
Old 10-14-2014, 07:11 AM   #227
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

So, I found something by accident...it seems as though the inability to add/change stuff from the My Player Store in an offline career can be worked around since anything you purchase and equip from the store in the main menu will carry over to all you careers, even offline (and will update accordingly as well).

The only thing I'm not sure of is branded shoes for in-game (not cutscenes...those are still available), since I haven't unlocked any shoe sponsorships in my online career. I can however equip shoes created from the 2K base (still generic, of course, but better than default) if I buy them with VC.

Anyway, might be common knowledge (I'm usually behind on such stuff), but I figured I'd share for those who might not know (and prefer avoiding the servers like me, but didn't want to sacrifice the accessories, tats, etc). Now my VC can be focused on cosmetic stuff...no need to horde for upgrades.
Old 10-14-2014, 01:30 PM   #228
Just started!

So far I am beyond disappointed in 2K15. At first I had was very optimistic about this game and was pushing aside many of my doubts and now I am already dreading having bought this game a week after my purchase. I hope a patch come out so that i can get passed this

Let's start with the good. Gameplay is pretty good but has its quirks. I love the rebounding in this game. Boxing out gets rewarded and the cpu doesn't get boards without being in position for them. I still need to get used to the prostick as I am still hardwired to use the face buttons for my scoring and the stick for dribbling, but I'm sure I'll get used to it. So far there are only 3 gripes I have. Firstly, The keyboard can't even be used to type out your e-mail address or your myplayer's name. How is that even a thing on a PC release? Minor, but still. Second, Layups and close ranger scoring are now the most inefficient shots in BBall apparently. I can give it a pass at times when perimiter players take on rotating bigs but when my bigs are missing put backs inches away from the basket on a consistent basis at the slightest contact I cant help myself from getting infuriated. It seems like if they cant fix a gameplay mechanic 2k will just break it instead. My final gripe is that the AI will make some pretty outrageous shots even with the scrubs on All-Star sim. I thought having a low difficulty setting and SIM sliders would level out the cheese while I'm still getting adjusted to the pro stick but apparently not. If they fix layups alone I'll be happy enough because I'm already so used to the AI's crap in 2K lol.

I had expected the servers to have trouble the first few days because it seems like almost every big release has server issues upon release so I wasn't bothered much at first by them being down. I did start getting annoyed after awhile as I was only finally able to connect to 2k's servers as of yesterday morning. I had put off playing until i would be able to log in since i wanted to experience other modes and at least gain some VC from playing. Now I realize that that was a huge waste of time since anytime i click on any of the game modes or even exit while connected the game will freeze up and I have to close it from the task manager. Currently the game only allows me to play offline as having a connection to the 2k servers has completely broken the game for me. I have seen this issue reported here and on steam so I know I'm not the only one.

I'm very disappointed at this point especially since before buying this game it had been 4 years since I bought a game at the full launch pricing. This includes console and PC. This might not be the last time I buy a game at full price but next time it definitely wont be on a 2k product.
Old 10-14-2014, 04:51 PM   #229
Rookie

HakeemDaDream's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guffers
I54670k at 4.4 and 780 and I cant get rid of the stutter no matter what I try. Low, high settings, updated drivers, clean well running PC. Nothing fixes it. I've spent the last three nights trying to get it to run smoothly to justify my purchase with no success.

I'm furious that 2K has released the game like this and charged us full price. Honestly if you aren't going to do it properly don't even bother 2K. I would rather play last years $30 last gen port then this unoptimized garbage. I will be waiting for impressions next year and will only purchase if I'm 100% sure it will run well.
Try playing the game in windowed mode. Made a big difference for me.
Old 10-14-2014, 06:09 PM   #230
Glory to the Brave!

Guffers's Arena

OVR: 16

Yeah I have to eat crow now. On a whim last night I rolled back my drivers to an older version and boom, no stuttering. It's completely gone and I'm playing a perfectly smooth game at max settings, 1440p.

Anyone else with stuttering try this! Perhaps 2K15 doesn't play nicely with the latest Nvidia driver or maybe I just had some kind of bug (not sure as all of my other games are running flawlessly)
Old 10-14-2014, 06:52 PM   #231
MVP

seanbarkley's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guffers

Go into task manager and set my priority for NBA 2k15 to "Above Normal". Also, set the affinity by unchecking a core, and click OK. It's the only thing that worked for me, let me know if it does for u too.

My stuttering is 0.0 now (I have ur same GPU) and its temperature has dropped 4-5 degrees Celsius.

EDIT: I've just read ur previous post but may be useful for somebody else (btw I'm using the latest drivers)

Last edited by seanbarkley; 10-14-2014 at 06:55 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2014, 07:38 PM   #232
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanbarkley
Go into task manager and set my priority for NBA 2k15 to "Above Normal". Also, set the affinity by unchecking a core, and click OK. It's the only thing that worked for me, let me know if it does for u too.

My stuttering is 0.0 now (I have ur same GPU) and its temperature has dropped 4-5 degrees Celsius.

EDIT: I've just read ur previous post but may be useful for somebody else (btw I'm using the latest drivers)
Wait, so do we make sure set affinity box is checked or unchecked? Mines is already unchecked.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »