Home

Old 10-15-2014, 07:38 AM   #241
Pro

GOBLUE_08's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: PC Discussions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
If they can patch this game, it will be one of the greatest sports games ever. I hope they can get with the card makers and figure out what isn't quite running smooth with Windows. This game is right there from being "great."
I have to agree. This game really is just a patch and some slider tweaks away from being one of the best sports games ever.

Funny story though. I was getting really frustrated with all the stuttering and what not so as a last ditch before forking over the money for a new GPU, I decided to give my PC a good cleaning to see if that would help any. While cleaning I accidentally broke one of the fan blades on my card

The only spare card I had laying around was an old dusty 1gb gt 430 from like 2 builds ago. Funny part is, with everything on medium and special effects turned off, I get less stuttering on an ancient card that barely even meets the minimum requirements than I did with a 4gb Gt 640 or my regular gtx 750.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2014, 12:24 PM   #242
Basketball Reasons

Drewski's Arena

OVR: 23

So I picked this game up for PC since I don't have a next-gen console and figured why not since I have a pretty good rig.

Stuttering is abundant, but I've had some minor success running in fullscreen windowed mode, setting priority high and resetting affinity in task manager. Not perfect, but that's the smoothest I've been able to get the game after tinkering for a few hours last night after my download completed.

Hopefully a patch/fix comes soon. Will keep checking here.
Old 10-15-2014, 12:45 PM   #243
Just started!

OVR: 0

Hello everybody!

I have this configuration on my PC. The game is running on medium level, without AA and it's quite fluid.

AMD FX 4100 Quad-core 3.6ghz
AMD HD 6950 1gb
8gb RAM

Could an overclock help me running the game better?

Thank you!
Old 10-15-2014, 01:02 PM   #244
Rookie

Hey guys,

a question to the playoffs in my carreer:

How can i find the playoffs standings "during" the playoffs?

It is really sad, if this is another glitch, that you arent able to see the playoffs overview....

thanks
Old 10-16-2014, 07:26 PM   #245
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49

In last years game my bro and I had an online Assoc going. Everytime we would get to the off season the computer would start acting goofy simming us through free agency. Is any of this occurring this year?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2014, 08:42 PM   #246
MVP

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

Man I already know that I'm going to be biting my nails playing with the Bulls in MyLeague/GM with Derrick Rose because some of these hard fouls are downright scary lol. Playing the Pelicans in a quick game Asimov just put Noah on his cakes...and I just knew his back was broken lol! Crazy.
Old 10-16-2014, 11:20 PM   #247
Pro

GOBLUE_08's Arena

OK so I finally got to dig into my gm a little bit over the last couple days and its A LOT deeper than I expected. There is so much to do. With any sports game I play I typically sim through the first season. I almost felt bad doing so in 2k15 because I felt like I would be missing out on too much information. One of the biggest things I've noticed so far is, I actually give a damn about upcoming draft classes. In prior years I just set the scouting to auto and didn't think about until it was draft time. Now I find myself constantly checking twitter and the various scouting networks for updates and new players to look at.

Another bright spot is actually being able to interact with players and staff. Its not perfect, and I can see it becoming repetitive over multiple seasons, but still a nice touch. Its also nice to have the option to buy the team if you want. Haven't tried it yet, but I will soon, the Knicks owner is kiiiiind of a dick.

My only real gripe so far is it seems like teams are just too willing to give away first round picks for mediocre players. By the end of the season I had secured 3 first rd picks by trading Bargnani (sp) and J.R Smith. Could have had at least 2 more on trades I turned down too. I think the bigger issue here is that a lot of guys are overrated ratings wise. Easy enough fix there.

I won't speak on gameplay yet because I suck so far lol. I have to be the worst on ball defender right now and I constantly get beat on back door plays . I've only played a couple full games so far though.

Overall im happy with the product. Once i get a real video card this weekend ill be even happier. The game has its quirks for sure, but what game doesnt .
Old 10-17-2014, 02:51 PM   #248
Rookie

sportyfox's Arena

Just got it on the PC. It's beautiful.

Does anyone know why my resolution doesn't stick? Everytime I turn the game on resolution setting drops down to something lower.

Edit: Trying to play on 3440x1440. I save it in the video settings in the game and play with that resolution with no problem but as soon as I turned the game off it goes back to something lower.

Last edited by sportyfox; 10-17-2014 at 02:57 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »