Home

Old 10-18-2014, 02:48 AM   #257
Pro

OVR: 12
Re: PC Discussions Thread

Man, I'm having a hard time adjusting to the flow of online play right now. Not a huge online guy but the last month of 2k14 I played exclusively online. I felt like I got a good feel for the adjusted timings and flow. Obviously 2k15 is a whole new experience but I feel so out of control.

And it's totally me, I can tell the game plays a much more sim brand of basketball than 2k14 PC. I've only played 2 games head to head online, both guys played a decently sim game. No complaints about them. I think I need to stop playing so much MyCareer and play more MyGM or MyLeague or who knows what...

Ok pointless late night rant over lol
Time for
Old 10-18-2014, 02:59 AM   #258
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

I love the size ups

">

">

Last edited by 23; 10-18-2014 at 07:51 PM.
Old 10-18-2014, 05:39 AM   #259
Just started!

OVR: 0

I would like to know how you connect with your friends in My Park?
The join friends option only worked once for me so far. I was able to join a friend from steam, but only once. Al the other time I cant see my friends beeing online even if they are.
Do you experience the same? Or does this feature constantly work for you?
Old 10-18-2014, 09:02 AM   #260
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Love this game. I had this game last night on Allstar Sim - Default sliders, 12 minute quarters:

OT game where the CPU 6ers hit a last second three to send it to the extra period, but I finally wore them down. Game had it all - even a couple of charging/blocking fouls that I hadn't really seen up to this point. Stats weren't perfect, but it's hard to complain a whole lot about them.

You might notice that I did get beaten pretty badly on the offensive glass, but a lot of that came early - after several boards in the first quarter, the AI switched my Defensive POE to run in transition. I was a little worried by this, but as it turns out it was an amazing counter to the CPU crashing the boards. I got several fast break scores and then saw very little of the CPU going after offensive boards the rest of the game (I'm assuming THEIR POE changed). POE's seem to allow the AI to adapt to how the game is going, and that's just awesome - as long as you play according to them. In this case I knew my players were going to be pushing up the court after a DREB, so I knew I'd have numbers and the fast break would work. If you're not using run in transition then you're going to risk making a bad pass an turning the ball over if you try to play in the same way.

I'm not good enough for Superstar - I'll say that straight out. I don't know enough about the Defensive settings to be able to set individual matchups. I also don't call my own plays (aside from an occasional smart play when things break down) - I just run what's given with the play art drawn on the court. To play effectively on AllStar I do need to switch on and off the ballhandler to cover things that would otherwise be left open - I think that's just part of playing on anything above Pro.
Old 10-18-2014, 11:24 AM   #261
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Im not sure but we do know that association, now MyLeague was completely overhauled by Leftos, so im pretty sure you won't have that same issue man.

Thanks Dre! Looking forward to getting this. 👍
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2014, 02:05 PM   #262
yellow

23's Arena

You might like it even more with the new features like simcast and such.
Old 10-18-2014, 06:57 PM   #263
yellow

23's Arena

Last edited by 23; 10-18-2014 at 07:05 PM.
Old 10-18-2014, 07:24 PM   #264
Cod
MVP

Cod's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Well, I'd say that got sent away NBA Jam style!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K PC Forum »